Golden Sun Hacking Community
October 19, 2019, 12:18:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Small Status Update  (Read 237 times)
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Global Moderator

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

Coins: 0

I am: A part of the organization of Cool Cats, but more of a dog person in reality.
Emblems: Have a nice day.

« on: September 28, 2019, 02:57:52 PM »

Hey everyone!

Long story short, Kain gave me GM privileges but I was able to escalate my own privileges for some reason and then he allowed me to grant myself admin powers for a bit to do things.

So I did things.

Board Changes:
- I deleted Calendar Events (I had actually renamed it from "Calandar Events" a few days or so ago);
- I moved all of the posts from Debates and Voting Polls to Open Discussion, and then deleted those two boards;
- I did the same for RP Talk into Forum Games;
- Tech, Gaming, and Entertainment is now a child board to Open Discussion;
- The category "The Editor" is now "Golden Sun Resources," where you can find a new channel just for gsmagic and related discussion (the other two boards were renamed, but currently fulfill their original purpose);
  - Fox/Teawater is presently a moderator of that board, as he made the program and is the one working on it. As a friendly reminder on his behalf, it is open source.
- In "General Hacking," I deleted Storyboard Ideas, made Assets & Discussion, and moved Sound Studio, The Canvas, and Coding there;
- I locked permissions for the Clan Stuff boards and archived them as a child board under Forum Games for those who still want to read them over.

Misc. Forum Changes:
- The Downloads page is slightly better organized, now featuring a category for Dark Dawn stuff and having non-patch files being moved to their respective sections. I will be keeping a close eye on it to move stuff that is misplaced when needed, but I have no intention of "punishing" anyone who gets it wrong so don't fret it so much;
- I also increased the "item per page" totals for the following:
   - Downloads, from 20 per page to 40;
   - Topics (in boards), from 20 per page to 25;
   - Posts (in topics), from 15 to 20.

So if it feels like there are fewer pages than normal in certain topics or areas of the forum, this is why.

What I'd like to do, but either need more time, willpower, or knowledge of how to do the thing:
- Remove the dud badges from the shop (Tinypic thumbnails that are huge). I couldn't find shop settings anywhere;
- Make certain themes a little narrower, as they can be a pain in the butt to read when you have a wide screen like I do (I'd make duplicates and keep the originals around though);
- Better distinguish the Misc. GS Hacking and Project List boards. The way I see it, only one of these needs to have personal projects while the former could be better used for informational posts, guides, and other things like that. I'd have to spend some time scanning the board and moving stuff over though, and I'm not sure I am up to it at the time of me making this post.

This isn't a feedback post, but if you'd like to give feedback and suggestions then you can use the Feedback board as always, PM either myself or Kain, or hit us up on the Discord because I am most likely to see messages and requests on there.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 03:02:04 PM by Salanewt » Logged

Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?
View Profile WWW
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
October 13, 2019, 04:51:53 PM
Salanewt: Oh, lol nice. :P
October 13, 2019, 04:44:28 PM
Fox: Maxi's already joined the server, he just never pops in.
October 13, 2019, 04:30:42 PM
Salanewt: I'll state up front that gsmagic has some overlap with the classic editor, but Teawater has been focusing on other things so you'll still want the original to do a lot of stuff.
October 13, 2019, 04:29:40 PM
Salanewt: As for moving posts over, I'll see if I can do it later today but I've been pretty busy these past few days.
October 13, 2019, 04:29:13 PM
Salanewt: Hey Maxi! I can help you with the latest "public" version of gsmagic if you join the Discord server, or when we start populating the board with topics, but if you want a download then you can go here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1zZHTBD_7BTl6leXRgFulzSL9iS4TIBMt
October 13, 2019, 02:26:50 PM
Fox: Yes.  I am actually kind of surprised Salanewt hasn't moved my old GSMagic topic(s) over yet. (Even if they don't contain the latest versions.)  I have been focusing more on posting them to Discord. But it's been awhile since I've done any meaningful work, so....
October 12, 2019, 10:00:17 AM
MaxiPower: Any chance of getting a hold of the new editor for a test drive. Been here since day 1 (actually I was here since before there was a forum lol) so you can trust me.
October 07, 2019, 07:10:37 AM
Fox: It specializes in GS2, still... The others are just easter eggs because...similar formatting.
October 07, 2019, 06:26:27 AM
Salanewt: But it has GS1 editing and Mario game viewing/possible editing too.
October 07, 2019, 06:26:11 AM
Salanewt: That name made sense when it was just GS2 lol.
October 07, 2019, 05:02:04 AM
leaf: it's a better name than "the GSTLA editor" anyway
October 02, 2019, 08:13:00 AM
Misery: gsmagic is a fine name
October 01, 2019, 02:43:51 AM
Omx7: Heyo
September 29, 2019, 06:35:38 PM
Fox: Liking the changes so far.  In a way, I'm also wondering if I should give gsmagic a better name, since I see it has became a part of the Community, as I see by the board that has been added.... but... *shrug* - I can wait.  I still see it as an "experimental" editor.
September 28, 2019, 03:10:29 AM
zman9000: :)
September 25, 2019, 12:46:18 AM
Fox: Groovy.
September 25, 2019, 12:45:56 AM
Salanewt: Hey.
September 25, 2019, 12:23:19 AM
Megalord38: Hello, fellow Humans.
September 24, 2019, 11:18:49 PM
Salanewt: Yeah, baby!
September 24, 2019, 12:41:13 AM
Fox: Groovy?