News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Pokémon!

Started by Ninja Steve, 02, January, 2010, 07:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoopa

There's also Burmy's three different forms, along with its evolutions I think.

Anyway, I just realized I never posted my pokemon teams.

Pokemon Red, Blue, and Yellow:
Lvl 100 Charizard (Blaze)
Lvl 97 Pikachu from pokemon stadium with surf
Lvl 100 Vaporeon (Aqua)

Pokemon Gold, Silver, Crystal:
Lvl 100 Charizard (Blaze) from Red
Lvl 100 Pikachu with surf From Yellow
Lvl 85 Snorlax (Tubby)
Lvl 90 Dragonite (Drak)

Pokemon Ruby and Emerald
Lvl 100 Swampert (Muddy) my starter
Lvl 100 Pikachu
Lvl 100 Sceptile traded to my game
Lvl 100 Blaziken traded to my game

Pokemon Platinum
Lvl 100 Infernape
Lvl 100 Pikachu From Battle Revolution with Volt tackle and Surf
Lvl 100 Espeon
Lvl 100 Glaceon
Lvl 100 Flareon
Lvl 100 Umbreon

Haven't played Heart Gold in a while so... no team there.

"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

Salanewt

Those are pretty neat teams.

Hm... I always move my teams over into either Diamond or Platinum (which is why I want a used DS with charger, in case I forget my good one at home). Diamond has most of my coded team members, including my shiny Charizard with Blast Burn, Hydro Cannon, Frenzy Plant, and... Either Fly or Synthesis, I forget. I know that both of my Empoleons (one in each game) are fully legitimate. I do have a level 47 Palkia in Diamond, but I had to use an encounter code to find it (shh...). Other than that, I think the rest are legitimate? I know I have a level 93 shiny Latias somewhere that is not.

It does have most of my legitimate legendaries as well (I only hack and raise the trio pokemon, like Articuno or Suicune, I don't bother with legendaries like Manaphy (hated to level it up, but it was forced at the daycare) or Mew or Dialga). You know how using codes to capture Mew in Emerald usually doesn't work, and it does not work in the other games (you can, but it ignores you)? Nice thing about Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, but I can move over the disobediant Pokemon to make them obey me. Of course, I only use codes for fun, but one can only play Pokemon for so long before the game becomes boring, so...

In Sapphire, I actually did have a shiny Pokemon that was legitimate, Sharpedo. I also found a shiny Cascoon in that game, but my whole team was like 50+ in a level 5 zone... It died. Unfortunately, I lost both my Sharpedo and my Torchic army a few years ago. Never once used codes on those games, because it took a while for me to tire of them.

In XD, Gale of Darkness, I usually raise an Espeon (starter Eevee that can be given an item for it to evolve into any Eevee evolution you want), as well as a Tediursa, Spheal, and Seedot. Any others are usually just to purify them. I don't use codes there either, but I used to for colliseum (who wouldn't want to steal Pokemon whenever they wanted?).

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

My Platinum team.

Lvl 100 Gengar (from Fire Red and a few trades)
Lvl 80 Dusknoir (was my Lvl 50 Dusklops (spelled wrong?) from Emerald)
Lvl 90 Sableye (from Ruby)
Lvl 80 Absol (from Sapphire)
Lvl 90 Metagross (from Ruby, again)
Lvl 100 Gallade (from Diamond and some trades)

Yeah. I mostly play with ghosts and darks, but I sometimes use psychics.

And Whizkid: Wormadam has 3 forms aswell, but Mothim doesn't >_<
Sala: Hahaha lol, dood.

Salanewt

Oh, don't forget Shellos and Gastrodon, both with western and eastern forms.

Dark/ghost team seems pretty cool. The closest I have made it to level 100 with was at least one of the free Umbreons from Colliseum (since you get two starters in that game, Espeon and Umbreon).

Lol for which part? I still wish I could use codes on XD, because I would have liked to have Bonsly on my team (which would not be able to go to my GBA games anyway, but it would have been neat to have).

There are also genders, for different forms. For example, in newer games, Male and Female Pikachu have slightly different tails, and a few others have differences as well.

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Hoopa

Those aren't actually different pokemon though. If we go by that logic, then all 27 unowns would be included as well. Anyway, I had a shiny Tentacool way back when in Gold. I also had a few shiny legends from hours, and hours, and hours of playing and resetting. I remember getting a black Rayquaza once... only to trip and corrupt my save data a minute later...  :sad:

It was awesome showing them off to my friends. But I erased those files a long time ago and I don't have anymore shinies.
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

Aile~♥

Platinum team:

Lv 100 Giratina
Lv 100 Mewtwo (from FireRed, was level 70something when I traded it over)
Lv 70something Gallade
Lv 70something Lucario
Lv 70something Gardevoir
Lv 80something Lapras (from FireRed, was level 60something when I traded it over)

I also have a Shiny Houndoom.

Now if only I could find a legitimate copy of Pokemon Emerald...
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

leaf

Oh yeah, I forgot about all those other pokemon with alternate forms... so I guess the number's even higher than that. I wouldn't count the gastrodon/shellos or unown forms, tbh, since it doesn't change anything about the pokemon's stats/movepool/type/ability. If the different form makes the pokemon functionally different from its original form, then I'd classify it as a new pokemon.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Salanewt

Oh yeah, Lapras is another Pokemon that I really like, along with Vaporeon. I would love to have a shiny Houndoom... And I think I will. I just have to restart the save file in either FireRed or LeafGreen though (while I am at it).

That would make sense, for Pokemon differences. I guess Inverted Kecleon (purple) and Primal Dialga wouldn't count either. Pink Celebi is a bit different (not shiny, but mystery dungeon), since waiting outside of the exit to the Pokemon town and talking to her does not bring up normal dialogue, but instead "Celebi #", where the # is the number of her pose when talking. Other than that, she is normal.

Have a nice day.

Sajin

Lol I remember when I found my first shiny pokemon in silver. It was an Oddish, before the second badge I think (in the forest where you supposely can catch a Celebi). At first I thought it was a glitch and then I though "Wow, it's golden! I bet it gives a ton of EXP!" So I went and killed it.  :Sweat:
Oh, well...

Charon

My current HG team (all Lv100):

Ninjask (Red Baron)
Focus Sash
Moves:
Protect
Swords Dance
Baton Pass
Aerial Ace

Honchkrow (Eric)
Life Orb
Moves:
Drill Peck
Night Slash
Superpower
Fly (but I probably will replace it with Sucker Punch)

Garchomp *shiny* (Meteor)
That berry that weakens Ice type moves
Moves:
Earthquake
Poison Jab
Dragon Claw
...sometging, can't remember ATM

Floatzel (Picardfish)
Expert Belt
Moves:
Ice Fang
Waterfall
Bulk Up
Crunch

Usually I switch Pokémon here and there - my fifth and sixth Pokemon can be Jolteon, Sceptile (Tex), Grumpig (Non-Kosher), Glaceon (Sarah), Metagross(Mechazor, Tech), Lucario (Anubis), Gardevoir (Lanaya), Skarmory (Skablade) or Swellow(Albert).

I also have trained a killer Chatot. lolwut

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Pokemon Black & White will be released in Japan on September 18, and in the US and Europe sometime in spring next year (woot).

Well, that's what Wikipedia said anyways >_>

Rolina

I can't wait.  The 3v3 battles will make TAOW's battle frontier MUCH more streamlined.

PembrokeWelshCorgi

I hate to be Mr. Negative, but I don't like the artwork for this new generation. It looks like a 5th grader designed the new Pokemon. Anyway, I don't really like Online-Play which gave the DS games its replay value, so I won't be buying B/W/G.

Rolina

So basically if it's not the original, it's not good enough for you, right?

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Corgi: Who said anything about a Grey version?

I see where the names are going though.

And I bet that the next games (after the release of Black & White) are going to be remakes of Ruby and Sapphire for the 3DS.

Rolina

Nah, we still have a few years before that I think.  Besides, if we get the virtual console on 3DS, we may not get remakes at all.

MaxiPower

the new Pokemon do look terrible...

unimpressed i am at the moment,

PembrokeWelshCorgi

Quote from: Role on 09, August, 2010, 12:52:17 PM
So basically if it's not the original, it's not good enough for you, right?
Naw, I played all the way to Soul Silver (which I never finished). I just wish Game Freak would put more detail into the design of the Pokemon. The legends look interesting though. It seems like they just slopped through the new generation until they got to the legends, then they took their time.

Atrius (He/Him)

Relevent comic is relevent.

I kinda stopped playing before Diamond & Pearl, I probably shouldn't have though.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

PembrokeWelshCorgi

The new features of Diamond/Pearl made it worth playing. The thing that made me dislike D/P/Pt was how the developers lead you once place, then expected you to take a completely different direction in order to advance. Sinnoh was really annoying, and there were many times when I was confused about what I should be doing and where I needed to go. Also, I felt online-play was overrated, but that's one of the things that made the game so popular, so I can't really complain about it.