Golden Sun Hacking Community
May 24, 2017, 09:27:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Forum DC Wiki Help Search Calendar   Downloads   Login Register  
Downloads
  Search  

Recent Downloads
Menu Panels Revamped TBS
Rating: (None)
Downloads: 7
Views: 73
Filesize: 242B
Date: April 29, 2017, 05:47:25 PM
Comments (0)
By: Caledor
Menu Panels Revamped TLA
Downloads: 9
Views: 73
Filesize: 344B
Date: April 29, 2017, 05:47:23 PM
Comments (0)
By: Caledor
Item Stat-boost Randomness Removal
Rating: *****
Downloads: 14
Views: 107
Filesize: 17B
Date: April 13, 2017, 09:13:02 PM
Comments (0)
By: Fox
Golden Sun TLA: Convenience and Inspiration 0.7.5
Downloads: 30
Views: 293
Filesize: 39.06kB
Date: January 16, 2017, 07:11:34 PM
Comments (0)
By: WhiteMageMonk

Top Rated
Golden Sun: The Lost Age Editor
Downloads: 1870
Views: 11162
Filesize: 1.71MB
Date: November 21, 2009, 04:33:00 AM
Comments (3)
By: Atrius
Golden Sun: Voice Acting Experiment
Downloads: 798
Views: 9862
Filesize: 1.64MB
Date: November 21, 2009, 06:05:57 PM
Comments (2)
Blacksmith Price Fix
Downloads: 472
Views: 2552
Filesize: 4.77kB
Date: February 21, 2010, 08:55:28 AM
Comments (1)
JamietheFlameUser's odd hack
Downloads: 403
Views: 4349
Filesize: 6.3kB
Date: May 02, 2010, 05:08:10 AM
Comments (0)
By: JamietheFlameUser

Category Name Total Files
Utilities
All sorts of useful tools for making game modifications
Rom Hacks
Video game modifications
 Sub Categories: Golden Sun: The Lost Age  Golden Sun  Other  

Download Stats
View Downloads Stats

Powered by: Download System by CreateAForum.com
Cbox
Today at 06:49:14 PM
Lord Squirtle: I guess I'll make a topic for the GBA concept room in Dark Dawn soon.
Today at 04:27:21 PM
Fox: Yep ... There are many libraries for many languages... Python, etc... And then there are things like  the Google apis - e.g. http://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/geocode/json?address=(whatever you want to search for)
Today at 07:46:43 AM
Luna_blade: I can see how XML/JSON are a thing these days.
Yesterday at 04:52:18 PM
Fox: Easier in the idea that I can reduce required external stuff where the source code isn't available/modifyable (Well, there is overrides in some cases, but still.) ; So it's possible the only "Events" I would require are those of the Form.... (Mouse Events, Keyboard Events, Paint Events, Etc. when needed.)
Yesterday at 04:42:14 PM
Fox: Anyway... I know I am using built-in controls in my current editor, but it is not out-of-the-question that I might just go and make my own custom controls... so that it is actually easier for me (But that'd take a lot of work.)  I'm thinking about one large bitmap object, and just drawing them on it. Problem is, I'm afraid it might not be efficient enough.  So I haven't decided about doing it.)
Yesterday at 04:33:28 PM
Fox: @XML = If I recall, I believe Visual Studio uses it for Settings Variables that remain even after you close the program. (e.g. There's one variable I have in my program that I call "LastRom" to make it easier to get back into the program.)
Yesterday at 04:17:59 PM
Fox: XML/JSON are simple = They are just a way to store data outside the application... ... The complexity is comparable to learning about data trees, I'd say... XML = Looks like HTML  ; JSON = Think Lists and Dictionaries, and nested ones.
Yesterday at 03:51:19 PM
Luna_blade: @the whole static thing: I recently came across the problem that if you use design patterns, objects of the same class might get duplicate info. Sometimes this is very little information, so it seems better to use something class-wide than making a file
Yesterday at 03:47:41 PM
Luna_blade: another thought I had is that I already made some code better...
Yesterday at 03:45:59 PM
Luna_blade: Sure I will open-source it on github once I rewrite it to be more maintainainable. Now that I think about it, I should put some other stuff there as well
Yesterday at 03:44:54 PM
Luna_blade: Yeah I made some code and screens for it in Java. The last thing I was busy working on was the grid for the values and the selection shape.
Yesterday at 03:41:22 PM
Luna_blade: I will learn a bit of JSON and XML soon. I guess those are pretty good replacements for what I meant with static
Yesterday at 03:40:42 PM
Luna_blade: It's an okay article. I prefer reading the java implementations on tutorialpoint
Yesterday at 12:07:19 PM
Fox: article*
Yesterday at 12:07:06 PM
Fox: Oh yes, there's a whole artice on design patterns at wikipedia? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_design_pattern
Yesterday at 07:20:37 AM
Fox: Oh yes.... Just checked.... Program.cs has "Application.Run(new Form1());" ... AND.... Program.cs is a STATIC class, so my hunch is confirmed. (In a way.)
Yesterday at 07:12:43 AM
Fox: So... I'm assuming that it is like a tree, and your top level file should be the static class, with all the other object classes linked from it? (Like a tree?) - Wonder how the Dessigner treats Forms. (How are Form objects linked to a static class, if at all?)
Yesterday at 07:00:51 AM
Fox: (Since I can have incredibly bad wording sometimes :P)
Yesterday at 06:59:50 AM
Fox: (Well, started "?" was more implying whether you made any public releases yet....
Yesterday at 06:59:02 AM
Fox: Wait? You started a Hed Editor? Curious if you were going to open-source it....

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise