News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

The (potentially) New Gshc

Started by Charon, 01, October, 2009, 09:02:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charon

Quote from: Role on 04, October, 2009, 05:29:00 AMWell, other than proving that PCs are VASTLY SUPERIOR to Macs, I don't see any other reason to move...  I mean, it's not like the ads are all that bad, anyways...
LINARX IS FAR SUPERIOR TO THEIR MEANINGLESS WINDARZ COUNTARPARTS *throws penguins*

The fact that the operating system can't handle it still irks me a little. It just doesn't make any sense. If it were a really old computer, that would make a bit more sense due to very low RAM capacities... which would make it difficult to run newer programs, but STILL :P

MaxiPower

Is the move really needed?  haha im never gonna reach veteran at this stage.

Aile~♥

I'm telling you that it has nothing to do with RAM! It was a combination of problems involving IP addresses, the website, my D-Link router which was being stupid, and the operating system not coping well with all those previous problems.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Charon

I just find the whole thing bizarre... it's not that I don't believe you, Jamie.

weckar

Mind if I note that I've never seen any ads here?

Aile~♥

What did you do? Disable plug-ins?
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

weckar

Don't know, may be a region thing

Atrius (He/Him)

[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Salanewt

Yeah, I would like one of those... Oh well.

Anyway, a question about GSHC 2, is there an easy to use alternative to "My Assistant" of Invisionfree? I have been searching, but I have not had any luck.

Have a nice day.
:MercurySet:  :MercuryDjinni:  
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Atrius (He/Him)

From the main categories view there are three links toward the top right:

"View posts since last visit
View your posts
View unanswered posts"

These are also accessible in topics from the "Actions !" link.

Or were you looking for something else?
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Salanewt

Okay, thanks. That is exactly what I was searching for.

Now start working on my book...

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

@ Charon:  I'll see your penguins, and return to you prinnies!  *Throws prinnies back at Charon*

Anywho, unless y'all can do something to wow me, then I really don't see a point.  From what I've seen of it, it really doesn't seem all that much different than what we have now.

The biggest problem, though, is that we'd lose EVERYTHING that happened here.  Unless someone can do something to archive it, then I'm gonna have to stand against it for the time being.  Of course, if you can find a way to archive and transfer, then I really wouldn't mind.  But it's the discussions that have happened and that NEED TO BE PRESERVED that I don't want to lose, not invisionfree.  After all, many a good point has been made.  I want to be able to look up and reference those points without having to jump between an active and dead site all the time...

Charon

...but... we won't lose them. They'll be kept as an archive, so people can check them if they want to.

Rolina

But WHERE?  On the new site?  Or will we have to jump back to the old site?

Salanewt

I think think they are going to be kept here, which is kind of unfortunate (but better than having them deleted on us, right?).

Have a nice day.

Rolina

If it's going to be kept here, then I'm against it.  Having a dead forum acting as an archive, as I said, is NOT something I want.

Salanewt

Makes sense.

Oh yeah, I am having some minor problems with the new forum. After about 20 or 30 minutes of being on, it cuts the connection on me, yet none of the other websites have a lost connection.

Charon

We won't be able to transfer it directly, but we can have a link leading to this place as a separate "forum".

The reason why you may be disconnecting could be the fact that you are being logged out after time. Dunno for certain however...

Salanewt

Okay, thanks for telling me. However, it is strange, considering I am not doing anything that is member's only when the connection gets cut. In fact, it only seems to happen when I try to view a different page of a topic (only sometimes).

Have a nice day.

Atrius (He/Him)

The host has been doing maintenance on their servers again today, it could be related to that.