Golden Sun Hacking Community
October 20, 2017, 11:21:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Forum DC Wiki Help Search Calendar   Downloads   Login Register  

Search  

Golden Sun Decor 2.0 (Minecraft 1.11.2 Mod)
Golden Sun Decor 2.0.jar
Filesize: 3.59MB  Views: (58)  Downloads (3)  Last Download: October 17, 2017, 01:24:38 PM 
Previous Download | Next Download
Description:

(a mod for minecraft version 1.11.2)

This project has been in progress for quite some time. I think the result will prove to be a great boon for the art of Minecraft world building using assets from Golden Sun. It's quite a beautiful mod so far, I hope you enjoy it!

Posting this preemptively because I honestly can't wait to finish development, compile it, and actually start building with it.
Be sure to screenshot your creations and send them to Hiroyuki Takahashi (or, even better, Nintendo) as a friendly daily reminder to
rev up development for a Golden Sun title for Nintendo Switch.

DOWNLOAD
(by clicking this link, you promise you'll make a back-up of your world before loading up the mod)

To install, simply download the mod from the link above and place the resulting .JAR file in your Minecraft mods folder. Forge is required to run this mod.

Creator's comments...
Version 1.0.0: "Creating the ability to build a world that faithfully employs the designs and artwork of the Golden Sun series within Minecraft through the use of new tools and advancements in Minecraft modding was the goal for this mod. Memorable set pieces from Sol Sanctum to Mercury Lighthouse, Lemuria, and more have been captured in meticulous detail, from the arched doorways and wall decorations of Mercury Lighthouse to the two microscopic red decorations that adorn the entryways of the castle in Lemuria (did you know this design only appears twice in all of Lemuria?). The use of relatively new 3D modeling tools such as oBeeware's Cubik Studio has greatly improved the ease of implementation for 3D objects in Minecraft, so much so that it is now possible to generate 2D 3D-capable objects directly from a source image or 3D object file via voxelation. This was a huge benefit, as many sprites and textures from the series which demand three dimensions to translate and truly 'look good' in Minecraft are now able to be implemented in-game (circular models are still a pain, don't get me wrong, this is Minecraft we're talking about here -- I put in a good effort with the Boulder object, at least! Perhaps a switch from .JSON to .OBJ is in order?).

Object positioning was taken into consideration in development as well, given the top-down camera angle present in the Golden Sun games -- objects will face south at all times with few exceptions, forcing you to rethink your designs and build with the Golden Sun camera perspective in mind. New 3D objects, new blocks, custom animated water designs straight from the Golden Sun world, and more will be included. Also included are a great selection of sounds from the game. The classic Golden Sun "jump" sound will occur when the user jumps, (I will include a version that omits this as well as I can see some users finding it annoying after extended play) the explosion sound will occur when Sol Sanctum platforms are placed, an eerie wind-in-the-trees sound will play should you happen to right-click on a Cursed Tree, etc. Overall, this mod packs a lot of character, wonderful sprites and textures, and just "looks good".
I hope you like it!"

The mod adds a huge selection of 3D objects, new blocks, and more to Minecraft.

IMAGES

Spoiler for Hidden:

The mod goes great with Custom NPC mods, such as Noppes' Custom NPCs, which allows custom user-created quests, in-game dialog, essentially everything anyone will ever need.

FEATURES

Venus Djinni Set Mars Djinni Set Jupiter Djinni Set Mercury Djinni Set

3D Golden Sun models appearing in Minecraft for the first time.
Archways
Modular planks
Seamless textures with articulations
Operable doors
Sound effects
Animated fluids:
Lemuria Fountain water
Mercury Lighthouse water
Desert oasis water
Sol Sanctum "deep blue"
And more!

PROBLEMS?

If you encounter any problems, post a crash report here so I can take a look at it.
It should be 99.8% stable. I'd be surprised if it caused any issues for anyone other than ID conflicts with other mods, which is unlikely and easily fixed.

CHECK OUT THESE BEAUTS:

Previous Golden Sun Minecraft mods I've created:
Spoiler for Hidden:

COMING SOON...

Spoiler for Hidden:
A fix for object names in GUI.

Posted by: Majora September 27, 2017, 08:29:24 PM

Rating: This download has not been rated yet.
Linking Codes
Direct Link

Comments

Add Comment
Comment: 
Your comment will not appear until it has been approved.
Return to Downloads