Golden Sun Hacking Community
08, July, 2020, 09:58:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: The last working version of the classic TLA Editor is Teawater's unofficial "mapeditor" draft.

Home Forum DC Wiki Help Search Calendar   Downloads   Login Register  

Search  

GS1 Randomizer
randomizer.exe
Filesize: 8.21MB  Views: (4737)  Downloads (678)  Last Download: Yesterday at 04:08:56 PM 
Previous Download | Next Download
Description: This is a randomizer for Golden Sun. It randomizes key items, djinn, summons, classes, PC stats, and equipment characteristics. It also features use of Retreat in the overworld to facilitate backtracking, and dialogue suppression to speed up cutscenes. The exe is will most likely work on Windows and Linux. If if does not work for you, you will have to use the source code:
https://github.com/MarvinXLII/GS-Randomizer

CHANGES TO THE BASE GAME:

Several changes are made regardless of any options chosen:

Additional default psynergy: Garet knows Growth and Avoid; Ivan knows Whirlwind; and Mia knows Ply.

Avoid costs 0 PP, toggles on/off, and works anywhere at any PC level.

Retreat costs 0 PP, works everywhere (except Colosso and the Tolbi boat), and works like Teleport in the Overworld.

The Bilibin Barricade is removed to make a dot on the World Map for Crossbone Isle. After your first visit, you can easily return with Retreat.

Various modifications are made to Lalivero, primarily so that after completing Venus Lighthouse, an item (Black Orb by default) will be collected from Iodem and you can still leave Lalivero.

ITEMS:

The item randomizer shuffles key items: Catch Beads, Empty Bottle, Dragon's Eye, Orb of Force, Douse Drop, Frost Jewel, Lifting Gem, Boat Ticket, Anchor Charm, Mystic Draught, Cloak Ball, Halt Gem, Cell Key, Red Key, Carry Stone, and the Black Orb. Instead of the Killer Ape dropping Douse Drop, one of the following bosses will drop one item: Kraken, Toadonpa, Storm Lizard, or Deadbeard. The game is beatable once you have completed Venus Lighthouse and have the Black Orb.

DJINN:

Djinn and their stat bonuses can be shuffled.

SUMMONS:

Summon costs can be shuffled by element (e.g. Boreas could cost 4 Mars djinn), and attack power can be randomly rescaled by up to 20%.

CLASSES:

The class randomizer shuffles psynergy either by swapping skillsets between classlines or by completely randomizing them. Levels when psynergy are learned can also be randomized (either shuffled or rescaled by up to 20%). Stat boosts can also be shuffled between classlines.

N.B.: Shuffling psynergy levels is not everyone's cup of tea. You can acquire powerful psynergy really early, making bosses a bit too easy and random battles too tedious with high PP costs.

EQUIPMENT:

Equipment is randomized by who can equip what along with price, attack, and defense. Other options to shuffle unleashes, effects, uses, and curses are included. Text descriptions are updated, giving priority to unleashes, then effects, then uses. Detailed description in game will always include effects. Check the cheat log for uses.

PLAYABLE CHARACTERS:

PC elements and their stats can be shuffled, and their starting levels can be modifed as needed.

DIALOGUE:

There is an option to suppress most dialogue during cutscenes. This mainly lessens button mashing, but also allows you to speed through cutscenes in turbo mode.

RANDOM ENCOUNTERS:

These can be turned on and off with Avoid, i.e. when off, cast Avoid again to turn them back on. To reduce grinding, money and experience earned from battles can be rescaled from 0 to 99 times. This only applies to random battles, not mandatory boss battles, in Lunpa, on the Tolbi Boat, the Storm and Tornado Lizards of Suhulla Desert, and in Crossbone Isle. A few of the enemies in Crossbone Isle are found elsewhere, and the scalings still won't apply to them (at least for new). These enemies are well spread out, so it's not as problematic as you might think.

MUSIC:

Music can be shuffled. Right now it only works for towns, caves, overworld, etc. not in random battles.

PROLOGUE/DJINN TUTORIAL:

These can both be skipped. If selected, you start at the farewell cutscene in Vale. The first djinn (Flint by default) will join your party as soon as you walk by it.

UPDATES:
-- 9/18: Fixed possible class randomizer softlock (no Whirlwind/Gale at Goma Cave)
-- 10/5: Fixed Lalivero bug (receiving Black Orb from Iodem)
-- 11/14: Now includes class psynergy, more equipment options, PC stats, and overworld Retreat. Improved gui.
-- 12/7: Updates equipment text for unleashes, effects, and uses.
-- 12/21: Music shuffle & QoL updates (prologue/djinn tutorial skip, avoid toggle, exp/coin)

GS2: If anyone is interested in beta testing my GS2 randomizer, follow this link.
http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=122
Posted by: marvin 21, December, 2019, 10:50:42 AM

Rating: ***** by 2 members.

Linking Codes
Direct Link

Comments
marvin
Novice Member

Coins: 20

View Profile
05, October, 2019, 11:49:07 PM
@bpat: Sorry for the slow reply. Generating exe to run on Windows from python isn't perfect, so there are a few possible causes I know of.

1) PyInstaller exe's are known to give false positives in various antivirus software. This probably isn't your issue if the blank terminal opened.

2) This exe is specific for 64-bit Windows. There might be tools out there that run a 64-bit exe on 32-bit Windows. My solution for 32-bit exe on 64-bit Windows is to run a Linux terminal on Windows, but I have such little experience with Windows that I can't guarantee that it works the other way around.

3) Sometimes the exe is slow, and you might just have to wait 10-30 seconds with a blank terminal before the gui pops up. I didn't notice that for this exe, but it happened a lot to me when testing the gs2 randomizer exe.

Last modified by: marvin 05, October, 2019, 11:50:33 PM

bpat
Novice Member

Coins: 0

View Profile
27, September, 2019, 05:46:30 AM
How do you run this randomizer? When I try to run the executable I get a blank terminal window.

marvin
Novice Member

View Profile
18, September, 2019, 08:09:52 PM
Hmmm. What do you mean by patch?  It's supposed to modify a clean rom you provide and output a new rom named "patched_seed" that should work on its own.

I generated the exe with 64-bit python 3.7. You shouldn't need python to run the exe yourself.

18, September, 2019, 07:27:31 PM
isn't working for win10. make a patch and gives me a cheat log. but no ROM. what python do you use?
Last modified by: 18, September, 2019, 07:29:38 PM
marvin
Novice Member

View Profile
17, September, 2019, 03:49:05 AM
Thanks for the comment. It worked on both Windows and Linux for me but failed on a fresh installation of Windows. I uploaded a new version using pyinstaller with 64-bit python to make the exe, and that seemed to do the trick. It worked just fine on the new Windows installation. Let me know if it works for you.

If someone else runs 32-bit Windows and this doesn't work, let me know and I can post another exe for that.

16, September, 2019, 01:06:25 AM
It doesn't work for me, I'm using Windows 10.

Add Comment
Comment: 
Your comment will not appear until it has been approved.
Return to Downloads