Golden Sun Hacking Community
October 19, 2019, 12:05:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Forum DC Wiki Help Search Calendar   Downloads   Login Register  

Search  

GS2 Randomizer (beta version)
tlar.exe
Filesize: 8.02MB  Views: (64)  Downloads (13)  Last Download: October 14, 2019, 02:34:41 PM 
Previous Download | Next Download
Description: This is a beta version of a randomizer for Golden Sun: The Lost Age. It randomizes the following:      
  • Key items
  • Djinn
  • Summon requirements
  • Tablets (summons and psynergy)
  • Classes (psynergy, levels, and stats)
  • PC elements
  • Equipping weapons and armor

These are described in more detail below. DO NOT use passwords from GS1. They have not been tested and might mess with the reunion.

All patches: Certain modifications were made to prevent softlocks, help with backtracking, or add some minor improvements. These apply to all patches, regardless of any options selected.
  • GS1 intro is skipped.
  • Skip the first 4 battles (sometimes impossible!).
  • Message speed is set to fast by default.
  • Jenna knows Avoid as a default psynergy.
  • Isaac's party comes with 6 djinn/member and the Orb of Force, making all 72 available.
  • Retreat works everywhere. If you're stuck in a room, retreat!
  • Retreat works in the overworld very similar to Teleport.
  • Skips a cutscene with Briggs sailing away (prevents possible softlock).

Utility psynergy: Depending on the options you select, utility psynergy necessary for the game will show up in different ways.
  • Class randomizers: There is no guarantee classes will still have necessary utility psynergy once randomized, so the psynergy are instead taught to PCs as default. Sheba will know Whirlwind, Felix will know Growth, and Piers will know Frost and Douse.
  • Item/Tablet/Default randomizer: Utility psynergy will be spread across PCs and tablets. In total there are 7 utility psynergy included: Mind Read, Whirlwind, Growth, Blaze, Sand, Reveal, and Parch. 4 will be learned from tablets, while the other 3 will be given as defaults to PCs. Piers will also no longer know Douse, and both Frost and Douse will require the use of classes and/or items.
  • Class & Item randomizers: When used together, default psynergy will be assigned as done through the Item/Tablet/Default randomizer. Whether they remain in the classes depends on the options selected and the seed.

Key items: Only important/unique items are included in the item randomizer. They include: Lash Pebble, Pound Cube, Scoop Gem, Healing Fungus, Laughing Fungus, Black Crystal, Cyclone Chip, Tremor Bit, Ruin Key, Sea God's Tear, Pretty Stone, Red Cloth, Milk, Li'l Turtle, Aquarius Stone, Burst Broach, Dancing Idol, Left Prong, Center Prong, Right Prong, Trident, Grind Stone, Shaman's Rod, Hover, Douse Drop, Frost Jewel, Carry Stone, Lifting Gem, Orb of Force, Magma Ball, Teleport Lapis, Mars Star, Mysterious Card, Trainer's Whip, and Tomegathericon.

Tablets: All 17 tablets are shuffled, and they teach either a summon or a one of seven psynergy: Whirlwind, Growth, Mind Read, Reveal, Parch, Sand, or Blaze. Only four of the tablets will teach psynergy. The remaining three psynergy is known as default by a PC: one by Felix's initial party, one by Piers, and one by Isaac's party.

Djinn: All 72 djinn can be shuffled.

Classes: There are several options here, allowing for shuffling stat boosts, psynergy, and the levels when psynergy is learned (capped at level 54).

PC Elements: These can be randomly shuffled, guaranteeing 2 PCs/element, or they can be completely randomized.

Equipping Weapons/Armor: This randomizes which PCs can equip each weapon and armor. Options are included to guarantee that at least 1 or 2 PCs can equip each item. Regardless of the option, the Trident is guaranteed to be equippable by at least 1 member of Felix's party.

UPDATES:
-- 10/8: temporary change to button locations in gui
Posted by: marvin October 09, 2019, 12:12:59 AM

Rating: This download has not been rated yet.
Linking Codes
Direct Link

Comments

Add Comment
Comment: 
Your comment will not appear until it has been approved.
Return to Downloads