News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Golden Sun: TLA Hackery

Started by Aile~♥, 26, November, 2010, 03:14:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aile~♥

I've been working on a different hack for TLA. This one swaps Sheba and Felix's roles as Adepts, so Felix is now a Wind Adept Warrior and Sheba is now a Venus Adept Mage.

Felix has a new EPA series, the item classes are no more, and I've been editing some bosses and items. I've got some pictures of the new Lemurian weapons' unleashes: the Lemurian Blade, Lemurian Axe, and Lemurian Staff.

Also shown below is an ability you get after defeating the three Sylphs aboard the Lemurian Ship. The Aqua Hydra is now an optional boss in Aqua Rock. For your sake, DO NOT TRY TO FIGHT IT ON YOUR FIRST TRIP THROUGH THE ROCK. YOU WILL BE SLAUGHTERED MERCILESSLY. It has 12000+ HP, 600+ Attack, and 500+ Defence, along with 2 turns and high-level Psynergy. You should be able to run away easily, however, as it is a low level and has low Agility.

I may upload vids soon. No promises. And I don't use Youtube, so you'll have to download them. :D

Pictures really don't do the Shield Shear and Swordbreaker unleashes justice. They look so much more epic in motion. Magic Bolt is kinda lame any which way.

And a patch will probably come soon as well. :D
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Awec

Interesting. I started doing the same one with the original - swapping round Isaac and Ivan (after all, Isaac seems to be the brains of the party and Ivan seems to very patient and calm; it suits them.)
I'll be interested to see how you do it though, since I think I made a rather botched attempt at it.
I. Am. A. Spoon.
Yes, a spoon that is awesome that is a Jupiter adept that is one of the Anemos that lives on the freaking moon.
What of it?

Salanewt

Sounds like it will be fun. So Aqua Hydra is a random encounter, right? Any snapshots so far?

I can not blame you for not using Youtube. I am getting tired of its problems. "You only have 5 minutes before your video is finished processing? Upload terminated!"

Have a nice day.

Edit: I just realized that I forgot to add all of the words to my question.

"Any more snapshots that you have prepared so far?"
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Aile~♥

The reason I'm not using Youtube is because I'm not old enough. :( You have to be 16.

I've actually made a rather botched attempt myself. I haven't used the "separate classes for party 2" option, but instead made a ton of classes for the Mysterious Card. Some Jupiter fighter classes, and some Venus mage classes.

VBA is being stupid, and the Record AVI function isn't saving properly.

Anyway, I somehow managed to beat the Aqua Hydra with some luck, strategy, Lemurian weaponry, Stun-inflicting Punji Trap spells, and a Defence-bypassing Trident.

And the forecast today is death with a chance of overkill. (see first image)

Additionally, I have a few snapshots I didn't upload before, including different pause moments in the Lemurian Weaponry unleashes, and Felix's EPA Cyclone. (The reason Piers is using it is because he has the Cyclone Chip equipped.)

Salanewt

Wow, it looks like fun! I also like all of the new water themed abilities that I have seen. Any idea on when you are going to release a patch for it?

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Aile~♥

Actually, Swordbreaker and Shield Shear are Mars elemental. :D

Sylph and Cyclone are Jupiter, obviously.

Death Geyser is used by the Aqua Hydra when you fight it as well. ("Aqueous Death" is the name of the sword that unleashes it.) Look at that damage! You can probably guess why you should run away... The Aqua Hydra also has about 500 Defence. All of my attacks except Base Damage Psynergy, Sylph and the Trident were doing 1-50 damage. Which is pretty sad.

Salanewt

Wow, it sounds like one tough monster. Also, I was not aware that they were Mars elemental, oops. They still look pretty good though.

I guess that is sad, but considering the amount of defence that it has...

Have a nice day.

Aile~♥

Patch is coming out once I test the boss fight that used to be the Flame Dragons and finish making all those non-base classes for Sheba and Felix.

So basically, not for a while. :P

Salanewt

Oh well. As long as you keep up the good work, right? It looks fun.

Have a nice day.

Atrius (He/Him)

Just a side note, but attachments aren't intended to be used for screenshots/images regularly.  We do have a limited amount of space on the server, so I would appreciate it if you used one of the many free image hosting services available elsewhere instead.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Aile~♥

That'll work for images, and I think I'll use photobucket for that. Also, turns out Photobucket can take vids, too. So I'm fine.

Speaking of, I managed to find a compressor that decided to work. So I have a vid!

It's against the Aqua Hydra.

Edit: VID IS HERE!

It's also a reason why you shouldn't leave the Aqua Jellies alive. XD.

Aile~♥

First vid against Moapa is up. Watch it here!

Note completely ridiculous item spam, and be afraid. Be very, very afraid.

Tomorrow I'll have my SUCCESSFUL vid up, since I do indeed have one.

Edit: OK, so I lied. But I have a successful vid up.

Anyway, here it is!

Go on, clicky!

And note Punji Trap spam. As well as the Lemurian Blade's cool Swordbreaker unleash.

Griever

Interesting hack ><
And it seems you changed not only there base class, there extra classes as well? cool.