News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Golden Sun The Lost Age Editor Open Sourced (Dev alpha v0.5 download inside)

Started by Atrius, 25, February, 2012, 06:07:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Misery

If you're talking about image formats, there are most likely some unsupported ones...
In that case, just convert them to a format that works.

Aile~♥

Kay, for some reason I can't use any of the sprite editing tools at all. The icons for them are there, and the drop-down for tools is there, except that the drop-down actually doesn't drop down when clicked, and the tool icons are just that: icons. They don't do anything when clicked. Not for any of the sprites I've tried.

Edit: Nevermind, then. WHY are all those icons there in the first place if all you do is double-click the sprite?

Edit2: Actually, about the thing earlier with V0.5 not opening unmodified ROMs. I modified the ROM I was using before, and it still wouldn't open.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Atrius (He/Him)

@Editor not opening files, I have no idea why that would be happening, I'll look into it.

@Buttons not working:
What does this "Developer Alpha Version" nonsense mean?

This is the in-development version of the editor, it contains features that haven't been completed or fully tested.  No guarantee is made about it's level of polish, or stability.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Aile~♥

Kioll

From what I've been doing as of late, I've determined that the program's a bit temperamental on that.  Sometimes I can use the open feature to open a ROM (base or not), and sometimes I can't.  Also, when you use drag and drop, there's a small error that runs.  I'm not sure what the error is, but to my knowledge, it doesn't effect anything important.
I am the almighty emissary of fire...  the Mars Adept Kioll.  Oh, and did I mention that I'll see you long before you see me?

Rolina

So why are you guys looking to atrius?  The thing's open source now.

Aile~♥

It seems to depend on the ROM. Also, when using the drag-and-drop function, I get a string of errors that eventually starts looping infinitely. Someone who knows GML should go fix it if possible.

Crystal Sonata

@Role, seems this is still a bug reporting area for those that know how to fix it to gather stuff to fix. That's my logic at least. I'm not too skilled in the program coding department, but i'll take a look and see if i can fix anything.
Anything I post here is solely my opinion, and is not proven fact, unless I specify otherwise.

If I say anything that offends you, grow a set.

Rolina

Um, Frozen, what I'm saying is that people now have the ability to take these bugs on themselves, so we shouldn't be just leaving it to atrius.

Crystal Sonata

I know, but I think people are using this to post their bugs so that other people who know how to do it can fix it.
Anything I post here is solely my opinion, and is not proven fact, unless I specify otherwise.

Rolina

Well that much goes without saying.  What I was saying above was basically not to look solely to atrius.  It wasn't complaining about bug reports, rather, it was me saying "Great, now you see a problem... so go fix it.  We can't have this all be on atrius anymore, the rest of us have the ability to fix these things now."

Mish

Wow That's great! I was just about to suggest that you release TLA editor under GNU GPL.

I still think that Atrius should be one releasing the compiled binaries for every new version; it would be really confusing otherwise.

zman9000

I can agree with Mish. while we do have it to use, it would be better for people to point out problems and send that to atrius. then atrius can make a official version.
I downloaded v0.5 and i have to say... not sure what i'm doing... For now I'm sticking with v0.4 until atrius makes an actual update for v0.5

and i don't mean just tell artius the problem, fine the code that is the problem, and send in the code that would be used to fix it. it saves atrius time since he doesn't have much, and if someone else were really interested in it, it could make updates soooo much faster.
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Kain

You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

Atrius (He/Him)

Don't worry about it Kain, it doesn't matter if the topic can still be relevant.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Kain

You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

Crystal Sonata

You jumped on that one hard Kain. LOL.

I've been doing some looking at the code, and I really can't find anything wrong with it, aside from it being quickly done. I'll start cleaning it up at some point, and send you a copy of it cleaned up Atrius.

DarkShuyin

Could be me, but I can't find where you can import Battlechar or charsets.. >.>

Aile~♥

It's in the "Sprites" section of the editor. And yes, the interface is quite confusing. I think you right-click the sprite to edit/export/import, though I'm not certain, as I haven't used it in a long time.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

There was once a version where you could press the spacebar for the selected sprite.

Edit: I checked again, and it still remains in the latest version. Except, you can only save sprites. ; Edit 2: So yes, I have the exact same question. How do we import sprites, anyway?
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)