News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Can you edit the first Golden Sun?

Started by Menaus, 31, December, 2009, 11:57:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atrius (He/Him)

You're not understanding me here....

Click on an existing sprite that is not blank that has a face portrait assigned to it, then when it shows the existing sprites existing face portrait click on it.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Matrim

i didn't know you could do that and yeah its alex. and interestingly enough there are two adult felix portraits.

Atrius (He/Him)

Felix isn't the only character that has two portraits, you should realize who the other one is now.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Matrim

yup the two alex's. i read that somewhere else if i recall correctly. So if i'm following correctly technically the empty person should be connected to alex?

Atrius (He/Him)

When I originally made the discovery, I of course checked the rest of the data to see if there was anything else to suggest Alex was supposed to be the 8th party member, unfortunately I came up empty.

Matrim

have you tried gamesharking it in? you probably have.

I know you can replace the adepts with the nonplayables.

and i love the fact that the expression bubble is a sprite.

do you know the codes because on your video you link skips felix and the 7th character

Atrius (He/Him)

If I were at all worried about it doing it myself I already would have, it's not like it would have been the first time.  Without battle sprites I don't see much point though, just to show him on the status screen?

Matrim

eh its mostly my curiosity. i just want to know. i'm intrigued.

Atrius (He/Him)

Quote from: Matrim on 15, January, 2010, 10:29:49 PMdo you know the codes because on your video you link skips felix and the 7th character

Just noticed this part, you mean the character swapping codes?  Why shouldn't I, I'm the one that discovered them to begin with after all.  You are aware that you're speaking with the creator of the editor, aren't you?

Matrim

yes i know your that creator. why do you think i ask you these questions? and yes those codes would be the codes i speak of. well since you didn't post them in the file i don't know for certain if you actually knew them though i thought i was a high probability you did.

Sorry if i seem a bit obsessed with this. for me intrigued == somewhat of an obsession.

Atrius (He/Him)

Ah you must mean the ones for the 4th & 7th sprite indexes in the original Golden Sun specifically.  They don't exist, there are no sprites stored in those indexes.  In the original Golden Sun, Felix's sprites are in index #34 (masked), and #35 (unmasked).

Anywho, we've gone quite off topic here, if you'd like to continue this discussion please PM me.