News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Forum Skin Discussion Topic

Started by twocows, 20, March, 2009, 05:10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twocows

The forum only has one skin, and it's Jupiter-themed, presumably because it's the favored element of the admins. I'd personally like to see alternate skins; I tend to associate myself more with the element of water, so I think it'd be cool to see a Mercury-themed skin.

MaxiPower

Quote from: twocows on 20, March, 2009, 05:10:00 PMThe forum only has one skin, and it's Jupiter-themed, presumably because it's the favored element of the admins. I'd personally like to see alternate skins; I tend to associate myself more with the element of water, so I think it'd be cool to see a Mercury-themed skin.
Charon has stated that she will implement them further down the line..

:MercurySet:  :MercurySet:  :MercurySet:  :MercurySet:  :MercurySet:  :MercurySet:  :MercurySet:  :MercurySet:  :MercurySet:  :MercurySet:  :MercurySet:  :MercurySet:  :MercurySet:  :MercurySet:  

Charon

I'm making a new theme right after I finish this one. We chose Jupiter beforehand, not because of my obsessiveness over the element. But yeah, I'll make a Mercury theme after I finish Jupiter. It will take me a while, though, because I'm pretty busy.

Rolina

Hmm, I like what's going on with the way the color scheme is shaping up.  I can't wait to see what the finished product is.

Although, I must say that some of the colors clash a bit... But that'll most likely go away as you experiment some more.

Charon

Yeah, I'm working on it XD

First off, I am going to remove the blue links. They're bugging the crap outta me. Also, I might make everything a bit more of a lavander - paler and lighter.

Matrim

yes indeed. I think you need to change the color of the baground of the foums and posts because its really hard to tell the differnce between the new posts and no new posts icon. The new posts color is similair to the current backround.

Rolina

No new posts - Djinn on standby
Locked thread - Djinn in recovery

Seems simple enough to me.

Right now, the only issue I've got is the whole "clashing colors" thing.  Any girl would probably have the same issue - this forum currently has a VERY BAD fashion sense.

Charon

I know some of the colours are conflicting. Unfortunately, I can't do much about it untill I get a better connection, and that will be when I'm in school next Tuesday.

I think I should do something about the topic icons. Sounds like a good idea.

Rolina

In the mean time, why not come up with some ideas for the other skins?

I've already mentioned my Mars top banner idea thingy in the CBox, but here it is again:

Garet's the one at the compy, and Garet, being Garet, failed so epically it caused the thing to blow up.  In the mean time, you see Jenna off to the side, being either;

A: freaked out at the epic fail programming, or
B: royally ticked at Garet for breaking the compy.

twocows

Quote from: Role on 08, April, 2009, 06:39:00 AMIn the mean time, why not come up with some ideas for the other skins?

I've already mentioned my Mars top banner idea thingy in the CBox, but here it is again:

Garet's the one at the compy, and Garet, being Garet, failed so epically it caused the thing to blow up.  In the mean time, you see Jenna off to the side, being either;

A: freaked out at the epic fail programming, or
B: royally ticked at Garet for breaking the compy.
Great idea, but I think Garet should look really surprised at it blowing up, and Jenna should be laughing at his complete failure.

Charon

Maybe Garet should just come out of nowhere and attack Ivan, stealling his purple laptop (all while Jenna strapping Hama to a chair with thick ropes) and try to reprogram it... then do as Role said above. It's a much more plausible situation considering how doglike Garet is in both his strength and his stupidity, while Jenna... IS EVIL.

Rolina

Quote from: Charon on 08, April, 2009, 02:26:00 PMMaybe Garet should just come out of nowhere and attack Ivan, stealling his purple laptop (all while Jenna strapping Hama to a chair with thick ropes) and try to reprogram it... then do as Role said above. It's a much more plausible situation considering how doglike Garet is in both his strength and his stupidity, while Jenna... IS EVIL.
...That sounds like a 4koma though...

...Great.  Now you've got me set--We need our own 4koma.

Twocows:  I totally agree with that surprised/freaked out look for Garet, but...  Let's just say it was supposed to be Jenna's turn next. XD

Charon

With us being represented by our avatars? Damn, I've been looking for some inspiration lately... (however I do have a bizarre sense of humor so it would probably end up being hillarious for all the wrong reasons) XD. And Garet-stealing-Ivan's-computer should be one of the pages XD XD

BTW, Role, totally off topic, but what is your avatar anyhow?

BACK ON TOPIC:

Role, have you been able to add a theme changer on your forums?

Rolina

It's Lord Shiraasan, from Hibiki's Magic.  Totally love that manga.  She's a human-form homunculus created by Hibiki.

My scanner isn't working, and I can't find any online scans, so I'll just say:  You wanna good representation of what Shi-chan is like, then go to your local bookstore, find the manga, and read the first volume.  Chapter 4 pretty much depicts her the best so far.

On topic - Nope, though I'm trying to find something like that on the invisionfree zboard thingy.  But alas, NOBODY, not even the official invisionfree board, has a working search feature.  That totally sucks.  Anywho, I'll keep looking for it.

Charon

Mercury... hmm... maybe something with Picard beating the crap out of Garet, because that seems to be what everyone likes.

With a giant hose XD

I dunno, I'll think of something. For some reason, I want to include the Living Statues in the Mercury theme... they are so cute ^^

twocows

Gah! That's the second thing you've inadvertently given me for entertainment this week. And with finals coming up, no less. Come on, I can't resist something done by Jun Maeda! Kanon kept me inside for almost an entire day!

Anyway, for the top banner, what would the Mercury and Venus installations be? For Venus, I'm thinking Isaac or whoever just sends whoever is at the computer flying with a Quake attack. Poor Garet would go spinning through the air with a dazed look on his face.

Rolina

Quote from: twocows on 10, April, 2009, 12:48:00 AMGah! That's the second thing you've inadvertently given me for entertainment this week. And with finals coming up, no less. Come on, I can't resist something done by Jun Maeda! Kanon kept me inside for almost an entire day!

Anyway, for the top banner, what would the Mercury and Venus installations be? For Venus, I'm thinking Isaac or whoever just sends whoever is at the computer flying with a Quake attack. Poor Garet would go spinning through the air with a dazed look on his face.
Second thing?  Then allow me a third:  Genso Suikoden.  Kicks final fantasy's @#$% as far as I'm concerned.  It's easily the superior series.  Too bad it came out at the same time as 7...  turned it into a niche game. T-T

Honestly, what do people see in FF7?  It sucks.

Anywho, the other ideas for Venus and Mercury... don't fit the characters.  That may work for a ongoing 4koma or something, but that belongs in a different thread.  Rather, what would happen with Isaac/Felix at the computer?  Or Mia/Piers?

twocows

Quote from: Role on 11, April, 2009, 01:50:00 PM
Quote from: twocows on 10, April, 2009, 12:48:00 AMGah! That's the second thing you've inadvertently given me for entertainment this week. And with finals coming up, no less. Come on, I can't resist something done by Jun Maeda! Kanon kept me inside for almost an entire day!

Second thing?  Then allow me a third:  Genso Suikoden.  Kicks final fantasy's @#$% as far as I'm concerned.  It's easily the superior series.  Too bad it came out at the same time as 7...  turned it into a niche game. T-T

Honestly, what do people see in FF7?  It sucks.

Anywho, the other ideas for Venus and Mercury... don't fit the characters.  That may work for a ongoing 4koma or something, but that belongs in a different thread.  Rather, what would happen with Isaac/Felix at the computer?  Or Mia/Piers?
I'll definitely grab that ASAP; it looks like something I'd like, and my controller's been falling into disuse lately.

I think it'd be funny if the Mercury adepts got shocked. Water and electronics don't tend to mix, and it's a pretty simple concept that I think would work well as a banner. No clue about the Venus adepts, though.

MaxiPower

I never liked FF7, to be honest

The main reason why i didnt like 7 was the look (not graphics wise) just the game gave of a dark and gloomy aura that i didnt like and the characters are crap to use, really they wernt interesting. FF3,4,5,6,8,9,10 stand out the most as good final fantasy games, while ff7 is up the rear of them

Charon

Guys, if you want to talk about FF7, make a thread about it, 'kay?

Anyhow, any other theme ideas? Colours? Buttons? Ect.?