News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Forum Skin Discussion Topic

Started by twocows, 20, March, 2009, 05:10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolina

Oh, that's cool.  Heh heh, hear that OMG forums?  FEAR OUR LEET PROGRAMMER! BWAHAHAHAHA!

Aile~♥

[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Rolina

Anywho, as for the icons:

New Post in forum - Set Djinn
No new posts - Standby Djinn
Locked - Petrified Djinn with Psynergy seal

weckar

hmmm, okay. Sorry for this, but I just skimmed over the topic a bit.

For one: Aaron and Kay being Mars was never confirmed, so that's a bad idea.

for themes, I'd really like a Temple-based theme (Fushi(sp? it's been a while)/Lama). Either that or Lemurian.

Aile~♥

Mars Adepts always have red hair. Both parents have red hair as well, so I assume they are both Mars, and Garet is Mars too.

weckar

Assuming it is genetic... case and point: Ivan is blonde.... And, as a Mars adept: Saturos and Menardi don't have red hair...

Aile~♥

They are Proxians. That's their excuse. They aren't actually human. Besides, Akafubu's power is said to come from Magma Rock, and he has red hair. Garet has red hair, Jenna has red hair, Jenna's mom has red hair, and is known to be a Mars Adept, so... yeah.

weckar

Proxians are quite human, just... adapted, like a race.

may I conclude from you logic that you suspect Eoleo to be a Mars Adept?

Aile~♥

Hadn't thought of that, but yes, that would be expected.

Atrius (He/Him)

Quote from: RoleAnywho, as for the icons:

New Post in forum - Set Djinn
No new posts - Standby Djinn
Locked - Petrified Djinn with Psynergy seal

We tried that, Mars Set & Standby animations are difficult to tell apart easily.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Rolina

Atrius (He/Him)

Recovery is just the standby animation facing to the left.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Rolina

Then that should work.  It's facing a different direciton, so it's clearly different.

Edit:  Alternatively, you could make the "New Posts" be the Mars Djinni's battle sprite, and have the standby sprite be the "no new posts".

Edit 2: I just got an idea... The "Djinn Running" motion is quite different than that from the standby motion... and easily distinguishable.

For the djinn thing, we could have whatever element djinn fits the current theme go by:  Running for New Posts, Standby for no new posts, and petrification+Psy Seal for locked...

Rolina

Okay, here's some ideas for the new forums!  Now then, being general about this so that it covers all 4 elemental themes...

Normal Topic = Standby Djinn (animation 1)
Hot Topic = Walking Djinn (animation 2)
Very Hot Topic = Running Djinn (animation 3)
Non-poll = Djnn faces the front (direction 0)
Poll = Djinn Faces the side (direction 1)
You've posted in the topic:  Add appropriate elemental bullet in lower right corner
Sticky Topic - Not sure... any ideas? I thought maybe Halt, but...
Locked Topic - Psynergy Seal, duh!

Salanewt

Er, I think one question relates to skins, but I do not know about this other one...

#1: Could you please tell me what the stars are before, as well as the name above them? I see that some people are Magisters with oen star, but I am somehow a Flora with a star... Please tell me how to change this?

#2: I think that this is just a formatting glitch, but it might also have something to do with skins, I am not sure. I might as well ask it here, but do you know why my avatar is much larger here than anywhere else? I have not modified it in any way.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

That's not so much a skin issue as it is Atrius fiddling with the forums.

Skin Idea:  Based off of the menus in GS.  For new posts:  Yes icon.  For no new posts:  No icon.  Yes Icon is ALSO used if new post in subforum.

For Standard topic, Bronze Password.  For Hot Topic, Silver Password.  For Very Hot topic, Gold Password.
For Standard AND Hot Poll: Coins (as if tossing them in the lucky spring).  For Very Hot Poll, Lucky Medal.
If posted in, add the pointer thing for the menu (doesn't have to be animated) to the lower left.
If locked, Psynergy Seal (of course).
If stickied... :!:

The colors and borders are in the same style as the GS default menus.

Atrius (He/Him)

Quote from: Salanewt on 04, November, 2009, 11:40:35 PM
Er, I think one question relates to skins, but I do not know about this other one...

#1: Could you please tell me what the stars are before, as well as the name above them? I see that some people are Magisters with oen star, but I am somehow a Flora with a star... Please tell me how to change this?

#2: I think that this is just a formatting glitch, but it might also have something to do with skins, I am not sure. I might as well ask it here, but do you know why my avatar is much larger here than anywhere else? I have not modified it in any way.

Have a nice day.

1- That's your rank based on post count, I haven't updated the images for each of the ranks yet so they're all just a star right now.

2- Do you have Javascript enabled?

Salanewt

1. Okay, thanks.

2. I think so, since I use it for some online games as well as Yoshi's Lighthouse (at least I was at one point), why?

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Atrius (He/Him)

Here's a little preview of the banner image for the Mercury theme.  It's a spin off the Jupiter theme's banner.

Aile~♥

An IDEA!

Jupiter = Autumn

Mercury = Winter

Venus = Spring

Mars = Summer