News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Hacking N64?

Started by charleysdrpepper, 19, May, 2009, 12:47:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

http://sites.google.com/site/messiaen64/themissingstars

Isn't this interesting... dirrections are listed on the page... very interesting.. tell me what you think, by the way I'm not the author but as i was browsing through youtube i came across that....

basically it's .. extend the original rom (super mario 64), apply ISO file & patch, and play......

As you can see by the title this is an nintendo 64 game.

Anyone else interested in n64 hacks?
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

weckar

yes, I was with the production of this thing on Jul's. There are some mighty good hackers there

Charon

Yush, heard of it, dunno what they're actually doing. Are they even adding new models? That would be pretty awesome.

twocows

That's very cool. I wonder how they edited the maps, though? I'd like to see how they did that.

Rolina

Hmm... I do have some issues with them using songs from non-mario games, though.  I mean...  it IS a Mario doujin game they made.  I wouldn't be surprised though if they update it to use luigi's voice from the DS game for luigi...

weckar

Twocows: it's all blocks. textured. The only genuinely new objects are the mushrooms and the NPCs, to my knowledge. and something controlling the day/night system.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Toad's Tool is the closest I could get to for figuring out what was used, yet I'm not too familar with it myself.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Salanewt

It looks neat, but the only new things appeared to be the mushrooms, the mini stars that do not start another animation, and Luigi.

However, Luigi looks a bit larger than mario, and his voice is deeper, closer to Wario's I think.

:MercurySet:  
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?