News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Controls and Buttons - Discussion

Started by Salanewt, 26, November, 2010, 11:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salanewt

Earlier today, I was wondering about the game's buttons and controls, such as when you walk and so on. I asked Atrius about it, and he was kind enough to supply some pointers (and I will put the ROM pointers in here).

The Lost Age:

08027064 - Buttons

08027096 - Walking/Running Script Pointer?
080270BA - xB0 Walking Speed
080270F4 - x09 Footprint effect, make it x01 for them to show up on land (but you lose the splashing effect in shallow water)
0802762E - Pushing Script Pointer?

080279B0 - Buttons, World Map

I was just skimming through it to see what I could find, but I have another question to ask. Do you know where I can change the menu that comes up by pressing the "A" button, and can I change that without changing the Select button?

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Atrius (He/Him)

What is this, I don't even-

This is all ASM code, part of the games programming, not data & pointers.

0x08027098 - Is a command that sets a value used for loading another value that determines which button allows the player to run.
0x080270BA - Is in fact a command that sets walking speed.
0x080270F4 - I'm not entirely sure, but it seems by changing the 0x09 to 0x01 you're writing data unrelated to footprints into the memory location where they're handled.
0x0802762E - Close, stores your pushing data into memory, but again, congratulations you're now overwriting something else unrelated with it.  Oh, but if you put a 1 where the 8 is you can leave footprints behind when you should be pushing!

I'm not sure where exactly the code is that detects when you hit the A button, and opens the menu.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Salanewt

Oops, thanks for clearing that up. I was about five minutes from bed, so I was not really thinking too well.

Aw, oh well. I might see if I can find that, since my hack would benefit from making a change or two...

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?