News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Dark Dawn Gameplay/plot discussion (SPOILERS!)

Started by Hoopa, 01, December, 2010, 09:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolina

Indeed.  Well, he did sell a perfectly good game for a bit over 6.5 times what it's worth.  But yeah, noobish playing and lack of luck does not a glitch'd game make.

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Never put all your djinn on standby before a boss fight, even though a first turn summon rush would do craptons of damage. You're leaving yourself vulnerable to a boss' really damaging attacks, the ones that knock the entire active party out if you don't have the stat bonuses that djinn give.

zman9000

but i did it and i was fine. the only boss in the game i had trouble with was the final boss and it only took me two try's. i beat dulahan first time and had all djinn set. and the last boss only killed me after all the summons were used up and it was 2 turns after that.

also i hate cheat codes and he only ever insta-killed ecleo.
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Aile~♥

I KNOW! I was like: Why Eoleo? He doesn't even have the lowest Luck!
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Rolina

Worst psynergy growth, I know that for sure.  And yes, if he's on my team, worst luck too.  Main Team Mars adepts are Godspeed Ronins... and my builds tend to have them end up with only 1 Luck! XD

zman9000

I can agree with that.

but i still think Jupiter adapts are still so under powered.

In the game Venus adapts are easily the most useful and most powerful all around BUT

In real life type physics (but there is still adapts ...) Jupiter would be the most bad @#$ adapt of all!

I mean come on! control over wind, time, electricity , weather, minds, see the future, and i also believe teleporting is in there to, also the new one I SEE DEAD PEOPLE AND I CAN READ THEIR MINDS thing.

:Garet: What do you mean Ivan is a bad @#$?

:Ivan: He means I am all powerful and have unbeatable moves.

:Garet: :Jenna: Wait? What does that make us?

:Felix: Third rate bad @#$?

:Isaac: ^_^

:Piers: :Mia: :(
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Aile~♥

If Sveta had an EPA in non-beastform, she would be the most useful character all-around.

Also, Tyrell has the worst Psynergy stat in his base class.

zman9000

Umm just to be clear does EPA = Epic Psyenergy Attack?

Did any one else have trouble finding what to do after the umbra gear hunt (WITH OUT HELP)?
it took me 4 days to find the endless wall then 2 more to find the other orbs which i looked in my game guide to find (And i was trying to make it through the game with out using it!!!!)

I feel it was a little unclear what to do.

Rolina

...Where's my hammer?  What did I JUST say to you in that PM?

Also, EPA = Elemental Physical Attack.  Personally, I'd call it Physical Psynergy, but the term had already been coined long before  I came to the scene.

Aile~♥

You know, you wouldn't have that problem if you talked to people in-game. The hints are all there, from various sources, if you actually look. Uzume tells you about the orbs, you learn about the Endless Wall in Tonfon, and you're bound to find it anyway if you find all the Umbra Gear. One of the pieces is right there.

Awec

The only times I was unsure what to do were points in the game that were coded badly (the bomb in the mine, took me ages to get the right level for fireball to work, and the statue on Apollo cliffs which shoots out a hand, but refused to respond for the first 20 attempts I did.)
I. Am. A. Spoon.
Yes, a spoon that is awesome that is a Jupiter adept that is one of the Anemos that lives on the freaking moon.
What of it?

camocam

FelixWolf

i think Dark Dawn was far to easy, i mean i bought my game new just about a week or some days ago and i already defeated the last boss, have all Djinn and i am now searching for the only sum on tablets left Iris, Azul and Charon(if he Is present in this game). Only thing important that i didn't got in this game was the ninja sandals.

Aile~♥

Dark Dawn WAS too easy. It's sad too, because they could easily have fixed that simply by boosting the Attack/Defence stats of the human bosses, and the Mountain Roc really needed a boosted Defence stat (especially in stone form, it needed an extra 40 points of Defence, as well as a second moveset), Grand Gaia and Tempest Psynergies, and one extra turn.

Rolina

Easy answer is easy - you get too strong too fast, and the bad guys can't keep up.  This is what happens when you have a full cast of 8 in a game that only needs 4.  It's why we decided to have the CH be only with 4 characters.

A great way to have a challenge, however, is to just plain skip all optional djinn.  For even harder, do an inepts run.  The game gets really hard then.