News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Dark Dawn Gameplay/plot discussion (SPOILERS!)

Started by Hoopa, 01, December, 2010, 09:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aile~♥

Carver's Lumberyard, I believe it was called. There's also a Djinni there, but for that you have to enter from Carver's Camp.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

RTGreece21

... you MISSED that place, Sala? o.o; wow. i almost missed that first shrine that gives ya a special summon that needs more than one type of djinni, but i think thats about it.
"Optimistic about Pessimism."
"Want to see my good side? Hah heh heh... That was a trick question. All I have are good sides."[/color]

Salanewt

Sort of. I walked in, decided to come back for it because I wanted to continue with the plot... and then Blados sealed me on the other side. I have to say, I certainly enjoyed killing him near the end.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Aile~♥

Blados used Punish! *ziff* "HO!" *ziff, ziff ziff, ziff SMASH!*

Anyone else think that Ku-Tsung, Ku-Embra, and Blados' weapons should be available for players to use? I mean, they have all sorts of awesome skills and stuff! I especially like Blados' Punish and Ku-Tsung's Cyclone Slash. Zealous Fury was meh, basically the same as Combat Dance, and I never actually got to see Ku-Tsung's Dragon Spark. Needless to say, next playthrough, I'm killing Ku-Embra first.

RTGreece21

aww, poor sala~

i killed the generals too fast, i didnt get to see any of their stuff. it kinda sucked...
"Want to see my good side? Hah heh heh... That was a trick question. All I have are good sides."[/color]

Aile~♥

Ku-Embra has one attack I kinda like the concept of: It deals increased damage, but the user takes half the damage dealt. It would've made the boss battle much more interesting, if only it did more damage. Like, in the 200 range would be good.

RTGreece21

Hoopa

The generals were actually pretty hard for me. I disliked battling, so I ended up running away a lot, leaving me pretty under leveled when it came time to fight them. I still managed to win though.

When it comes to character preference, I keep Amiti, Matthew, Karis and Eoleo in my party all as attackers. I didn't even bother with the other characters really...
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

RTGreece21

oh god... Sveta just left with all my healing stuff. UGH. whatevs.

i havent seen all the characters yet, so so far its Mathew and Amiti that i like, everyone else is meh. even Sveta is meh, she just happens to be a little better than the others. Karis is the only one i hate so far. in all the games, so far, karis just... i think all the designers need eye surgery.
i miss how, back in the first two games, ALL the characters were cool.

Aile~♥

I think the designers of Matthew need eye surgery. And what happened to all the traditional Valean armour? Why is Matthew wearing modern clothing? Karis, Tyrell and Rief are fine, but MATTHEW IS WEARING MODERN CLOTHING. ZOMGWTFBBQ.

Salanewt

Better than Isaac's trench-coat. It does look cool, but I would definitely have liked to see him with armour that is somewhat similar to what he had before. I mean, if it were not for the name and hair colour, who is to say that he would look like Isaac at all?

Styles certainly have changed in 30 years. I am also a bit curious about Karis' green hair, since she seems to be the first with green hair in the whole series (if memory serves me correctly).

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Griever

Jamie's admit it ... his clothes are cool .... and like Sala said ... i like it more than Isaac's new coat ......

Karis is cool too .... better than Sveta and beat Sheba/Ivan anytime :) that's my opinion though ....

Aile~♥

Did you hear me right? I said I hate Matthew's outfit. He's wearing MODERN CLOTHING, when this is Golden Sun! What happened to the old Valean style of armour? You know, like Jenna and Isaac and Garet wear in the first two games? Also, Isaac's trenchcoat is cool.

And honestly, Sala, it's quite easy to tell that he's still Isaac, since it's basically just the same face he had in the first two games with a beard. If you look at his portrait, his face is practically the same, especially the eyes. The only real difference is the hairstyle and the beard. lolz.

Griever

Actually it sounded more like you where just saying that it should be normal Armor rather than modern clothing ... but now you said it so we all know.

QuoteIsaac's trenchcoat is cool.
Yes but the coat is also modern clothing if i might say, since armor does not involve coats ....

Awec

I found it really weird just how tall Matthew was, after Isaac only being moderately tall (and looking smaller due to his stance).
But seriously, he towers over everyone else in the party.
I. Am. A. Spoon.
Yes, a spoon that is awesome that is a Jupiter adept that is one of the Anemos that lives on the freaking moon.
What of it?

ChrisButton

Isaac's coat was the first thing I noticed about him when I saw him in Dark Dawn, right after his beard.
I don't really like the chops beard, but Garet's moustache is hilarious LOL.

Salanewt

I know, right? It reminds me of a certain someone, though the joke will not be funny if I keep mentioning the name.

Also, we should have had the ability to name Isaac and co., since they were technically usable in the first two games. It would allow players to give them the same names that might have been used in the prequels.

Have a nice day.

RTGreece21

okay, i only went through the training grounds a few times (i restarted the game) and everyone is around level 9... is it just me, or is leveling up in the third game here rediculously more easy than leveling up in the first Golden Sun?

Griever

It IS a lot easier. You can easily over-level your party, and reaching level 99 isn't that hard ><

Salanewt

Yeah, easily an hour to reach level 76 from 60, or even 90-99. Tua Warriors give the most experience, of any common enemy, yet they are far from the most difficult.

Actually, it might be those dragons... either Grand or Gaia Dragons, I think. But unlike Tua Warriors, you never get more than one in a single battle (and they are certainly the hardest common enemy).

Have a nice day.