Golden Sun Hacking Community
January 17, 2018, 01:22:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dark Dawn Gameplay/plot discussion (SPOILERS!)  (Read 67435 times)
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

Coins: 32

I am: A part of the organization of Cool Cats, but more of a dog person in reality.
Emblems: Have a nice day.

« Reply #255 on: January 20, 2011, 11:43:50 AM »

By the way, about the leveling on the spawns in the Sanctum...  Is it that broken for you guys?  I leveled up at least once per character on two of the guys.  Over 20k EXP per fight.  I went from level 45 to level 70 in an hour.

I think that was intentional, as you get over 10k for each individual Tua Warrior, and they never show up alone. In fact, this is even worse than Crossbone Isle (where the strongest random monster in the game gives you the same amount as a single Tua Warrior, but is actually strong). On the positive side, it took a few hours for my team to level from 50 to 99 while fighting them.

Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?
View Profile WWW
leaf
Potions class is starting
Venus Clan

Death Eater+Grass Snake = Snake Eater? SNAAAAAAAKE

Veteran Member

Coins: 10

« Reply #256 on: January 22, 2011, 06:07:22 AM »

So I have now beaten dark dawn in its entirety. Dullahan was the same as always. I went in with the only strategy I used being "go into the fight with all djinn on standby then spam summons until one of you die." Needless to say, it worked. No crucible. No djinn storm. No charon. I'll probably rematch him with a proper strategy at some later date, but right now I'm just kinda underwhelmed. At least the ancient devil was fun (that's its real name btw).

And actually, great dragons only give around 11k. Tua warriors give 13-14k each. Those are both without djinn killing.

Spoiler for quotes:
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O
View Profile
JamietheFlameUser
Diamond Pokémon
Mars Clan

Does this look like the face of mercy?

Prodigy

Coins: 0

I am: Poke poke poke poke... I can't stop it...

« Reply #257 on: January 22, 2011, 06:58:45 AM »

@Spirit of the Dawn: Shadow Clash or Retribution? Shadow Clash is that summon-type move he has, where he poofs upwards and then beams of darkness rain from the sky. Retribution is the massive sword swing that deals instant death on occasion. Shadow Clash should be doing 350+ damage. Retribution should be hitting 100+ or causing instant death.

@leaf: Yeah, Dullahan always uses Element Swap before using Charon or Crucible; he'll use Crucible if you have Djinn on standby, or Charon if you don't.

:P

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

Spoiler for epic mindscrew:
View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Template maker turned lurker

Alchemist

I am: wondering if we can get our clan position changed...
Clan Position: Grand Overlady of Jupiter

« Reply #258 on: January 24, 2011, 03:07:42 PM »

Wow.

I just realized.

The copy of the game that I have?

It's glitched.

Bad.

I fought the last boss almost 20 times in a row, dying every time, even though I trained on the guys that spawn in the Apollo Sanctum everytime I died until I was level 70.  More on that in a moment.  First, let me tell you about this boss...

The first fight was insanely easy.  I lost my first party due to poor planning, but I pulled it off with a summon rush by the second party.  Insta-kill.

The second fight started off good, summon rush of Eclipse four times.  Did over 1.5k damage each time.  Pretty good right?  Then, out of NO-WHERE, he uses that Shadow Clash thing.  Insta-kills my WHOLE F**KING PARTY.  I was at full health.  I was stunned.  So, I shut it off, re-loaded, and trained for 10 levels on the Sanctum's spawns.  Fought it again, killing the first fight in 5 turns clean.  Second fight: first turn, insta-killed my whole first party.  Again.  I shut it off AGAIN.  Re-loaded.  Trained for 20 LEVELS, trying after every 3 levels.  I am now level 70, average.  He still insta-kills me with Shadow Clash in the first two turns.  I looked up his stats online.  He should have DIED with my summon rushes that I did, what with hitting him with an Eclipse x4 rush, followed by a 2-summon rush of Charon and Iris.  He insta-kills my second party.  My first party then gets picked off one-by-one by NORMAL ATTACKS.  He used BASIC MELEE attacks to INSTA-KILL each party member.  And that's not the strangest part.  I found out that there's a pattern that he follows

- Basic melee in the first round, no matter what, (with no insta-kill, mind you).

- Insta-kill with Shadow Clash, second round, without fail.

- Going last on the third round, he'll insta-kill my whole party -- he always goes last from this point on.

- He then picks off my Iris-revived first party with melee attacks in the fourth and fifth rounds, randomly selecting the order in which he attacks.

Uh...  Wow?

I sold it to a friend who collects glitchy carts for every platform for $200.  But I'm still wierded out by it.

By the way, about the leveling on the spawns in the Sanctum...  Is it that broken for you guys?  I leveled up at least once per character on two of the guys.  Over 20k EXP per fight.  I went from level 45 to level 70 in an hour.

.  .  .

Uh, okay?

Anyway, what do you guys know about this?  Have any of you experienced glitches?

- 2br02b
That's what you get for summon rushing.  That is exactly why people say do not do it.  It's not a glitch.  You weakened the HELL out of your characters by doing that, and yes, he could probably one shot you since his retribution skill has a chance to insta-kill you.  Without the djinn to boost your luck, getting wtfpwned is a very large possibility.  Shadow Clash is also a summon-type deal, dealing base + HP Percentile damage.  Glitch?  No.  Bad strategy?  Yes.

The game becomes quite hard when you unset all your djinn.  My current inepts run is showing me this - the three scouts in the tunnel before you get Rief game me loads of trouble.  Late game bosses are going to be crazy hard.  That +40% to all stats and +80% to HP goes a long way.  And that's to say nothing about the tri-element classes, which have even better stats you'd be missing out on.

View Profile WWW
zman9000
Golden sun fan/Map Builder
Luna Clan

Lord Zed

Excellent Member

I am: A guy who just really likes golden sun

« Reply #259 on: January 24, 2011, 04:39:37 PM »

well i think it could still be a glitch because i set all my djinn for both party's and beat all the bosses in the game with summon rushing at level 47! i beat the final boss last at 47 all a round with:

first party eclipse, eclipse, crystal dragon, crystal dragon. boss normal attacks.
next turn,
first party all normal attacks. boss kills two members.
next turn,
party uses normal attacks. boss wipes them out.
party swap
next turn,
second party eclipse, eclipse, crystal dragon, crystal dragon. boss normal boss dies.

also in all the turns he never healed.

i tryed this two times the same way first time it failed because he healed but the second time he never healed.

Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx
View Profile
Charon
On Probation
Veteran Member

Coins: 11

Emblems: GBA Music Expert
Clan Position: Trickster Goddess of Luna

« Reply #260 on: January 24, 2011, 04:39:49 PM »

At least he got $200 for it. Now go buy GSDD again. lol

Yeah, I doubt that's a glitch, summon rushing inheritly makes your characters very vulerable; if you don't have enough base speed, attack and defense to begin with you could really screw yourself over. Don't forget about the equipment too, makes a huge difference.
View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #261 on: January 24, 2011, 04:46:21 PM »

Indeed.  Well, he did sell a perfectly good game for a bit over 6.5 times what it's worth.  But yeah, noobish playing and lack of luck does not a glitch'd game make.

View Profile WWW
Tetsuya the Azure Blade
The Shadow Fang
Luna Clan

Kick your @#$, that's what I'm gonna do.

Great Member

« Reply #262 on: January 24, 2011, 06:02:16 PM »

Never put all your djinn on standby before a boss fight, even though a first turn summon rush would do craptons of damage. You're leaving yourself vulnerable to a boss' really damaging attacks, the ones that knock the entire active party out if you don't have the stat bonuses that djinn give.
View Profile
zman9000
Luna Clan

Lord Zed

Excellent Member

« Reply #263 on: January 25, 2011, 12:11:05 AM »

but i did it and i was fine. the only boss in the game i had trouble with was the final boss and it only took me two try's. i beat dulahan first time and had all djinn set. and the last boss only killed me after all the summons were used up and it was 2 turns after that.

also i hate cheat codes and he only ever insta-killed ecleo.

Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx
View Profile
JamietheFlameUser
Diamond Pokémon
Mars Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #264 on: January 25, 2011, 03:29:39 AM »

I KNOW! I was like: Why Eoleo? He doesn't even have the lowest Luck!

View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #265 on: January 25, 2011, 03:59:33 AM »

Worst psynergy growth, I know that for sure.  And yes, if he's on my team, worst luck too.  Main Team Mars adepts are Godspeed Ronins... and my builds tend to have them end up with only 1 Luck! XD

View Profile WWW
zman9000
Luna Clan

Lord Zed

Excellent Member

« Reply #266 on: January 25, 2011, 04:20:34 AM »

I can agree with that.

but i still think Jupiter adapts are still so under powered.

In the game Venus adapts are easily the most useful and most powerful all around BUT

In real life type physics (but there is still adapts ...) Jupiter would be the most bad @#$ adapt of all!

I mean come on! control over wind, time, electricity , weather, minds, see the future, and i also believe teleporting is in there to, also the new one I SEE DEAD PEOPLE AND I CAN READ THEIR MINDS thing.

Garet What do you mean Ivan is a bad @#$?

Ivan He means I am all powerful and have unbeatable moves.

Garet Jenna Wait? What does that make us?

Felix Third rate bad @#$?

Isaac ^_^

Piers Mia :(

View Profile
JamietheFlameUser
Diamond Pokémon
Mars Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #267 on: January 25, 2011, 04:40:02 AM »

If Sveta had an EPA in non-beastform, she would be the most useful character all-around.

Also, Tyrell has the worst Psynergy stat in his base class.

View Profile
zman9000
Luna Clan

Lord Zed

Excellent Member

« Reply #268 on: January 25, 2011, 05:10:14 AM »

Umm just to be clear does EPA = Epic Psyenergy Attack?

Did any one else have trouble finding what to do after the umbra gear hunt (WITH OUT HELP)?
it took me 4 days to find the endless wall then 2 more to find the other orbs which i looked in my game guide to find (And i was trying to make it through the game with out using it!!!!)

I feel it was a little unclear what to do.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 05:19:18 AM by JamietheFlameUser, Reason: Removed largely pointless spam. Use the \"Play with Emotes\" topic in the Forum Games for that particular variety of spam. And don\'t do it again. » Logged

View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #269 on: January 25, 2011, 05:16:00 AM »

...Where's my hammer?  What did I JUST say to you in that PM?

Also, EPA = Elemental Physical Attack.  Personally, I'd call it Physical Psynergy, but the term had already been coined long before  I came to the scene.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 05:18:31 AM by Role » Logged

View Profile WWW
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
Yesterday at 08:44:56 PM
Fox: I must say... life can be complicated..... when you have question(s) (via email) ... and it seems like they sort of get ignored. :D ; Fun, (And sometimes, a person may respond, and completely not answer the question.... so like... 3-person conversation.) Hahahaha!!
January 15, 2018, 07:26:16 PM
Fox: (path) 1 text=(address) char=(address) free=(address) ; << Well, closer to this... but yeah... even if I do choose to have defaults in the code, I could still use this method for overrides.
January 15, 2018, 07:24:28 PM
Fox: So like (path) 0 text=(address) char=(address) len=(number) ; (path) 1 free=(address) ; Or something. But that's just a quick example.
January 15, 2018, 06:59:14 PM
Fox: Hopefully. I was wanting to make it so you could put in the addresses/etc. as one of the arguments in the path. Hm?
January 15, 2018, 03:37:07 PM
KyleRunner: Nice! I hope you'll add compatibility with others games (GS1, Mario Golf and Tennis) soon.
January 14, 2018, 11:40:09 PM
Fox: Okay. Posted (in Downloads section) an initial cutdown version for now, for my text compressor. Basically to separate the code from my Editor for anyone who wants to mess with it. It only supports GS2, because I still didn't add the addresses/etc. for the other games.
January 14, 2018, 05:01:00 PM
Fox: Okay! Going to need to think how I want it to work. Initial thoughts is maybe have a number of arguments in the filepath thing. And have a number of shortcuts (files) to be used as examples. Assuming there are no problems.
January 14, 2018, 10:38:24 AM
KyleRunner: Well... I'm used to editing text ina a text editor, so... yes! Thanks in advance!
January 13, 2018, 11:38:43 PM
Fox: (Text editor = Text Document like notepad.)
January 13, 2018, 11:38:21 PM
Fox: Would you prefer during the text editing in a text editor? (Like what gstoolkit lets you do?) I could probably make a separate tool or something to compress it.
January 13, 2018, 10:10:02 PM
KyleRunner: Ok. Once I finish my Lost Age translation, I'll try a Mario Golf one. Thanks. (But I'll need help).
January 13, 2018, 10:03:17 PM
Fox: If you want to make it "permanent" (part of a hack), then you'd edit code in the ROM that writes to this location of the IDs you'd want to change. (You can find these locations by using a breakpoint debugger like SDL-H or no$gba.)
January 13, 2018, 10:00:11 PM
Fox: Reload/switch = Recommended to be done through Debug mode/warp menu, ofcourse... since doors seem to appear as if they were disabled? ; 03001238:01 and B+Start to get to warp menu.
January 13, 2018, 09:55:39 PM
Fox: @Kyle Runner = It might be, but you'd have to use the correct addresses for Mario Golf, rather than for GS2 as I have it right now. ; @raijinken = Yes. 02000454 = ID of leader. (Change this and reload/switch room you are in, enjoy.)
January 13, 2018, 02:23:29 PM
raijinken: Hey guys, is it possible to somehow change the lead character on the map? Was wondering. I remember there was a cheat to use Jenna, but what if I wanted Isaac, or Piers?
January 13, 2018, 02:10:03 PM
KyleRunner: Hey, Fox *
January 13, 2018, 02:09:37 PM
KyleRunner: Hey, is your text editor compatible with Mario Golf (GBA)?
January 11, 2018, 08:33:13 PM
Fox: But if it isn't an oversight, I still can't imagine it being that useful.
January 11, 2018, 08:28:24 PM
Fox: part, ofcourse.
January 11, 2018, 08:28:15 PM
Fox: 0200274C = Hmm... Stuff happens here when you use Cyclone around bushes. (These cause tile replacements, and setting event 0 to those tiles.) - And I guess this kept here so it can be scanned after battle. (To re-update the map.) So here is my fun thought (assuming if it is even possible, or even convenient if so.) ... Are there any events from other maps that could be disabled do to using Cyclone on bushes + Retreat glitch? I'll need to do some testing to make sure this isn't an oversight on my

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise