News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Dark Dawn Gameplay/plot discussion (SPOILERS!)

Started by Hoopa, 01, December, 2010, 09:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoopa

Just wondering how far people are at in the game. I'm just shortly after getting the boat.
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

Salanewt

I am near the end of Apollo Sanctum. Lol, Matthew said something for a change. It also explains the meaning behind their Japanese names, "Spade" and "Heart," was it?

I definitely need to see if I can get my Action Replay though, I want to see if there are any beta psynergies in here.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Griever

I just met Sveta ... well her shadow anyway XD .... And i like the insight psynergy .. it would make exams really easy XD

MaxiPower

i had already made a topic but meh

today i found out two new facts

Mis's cousin is [spoiler]Alex[/spoiler]

Amitris Father is [spoiler]Alex[/spoiler]

Salanewt

Ooh, cool. I am not quite that far, but I am at the Chalis/Blados/Chaos Hound fight. I also have every Mars djinni, but I left several of the others behind. I found out their weaknesses.

[spoiler=Chalis]
Weak: Mercury
Resistant: Mars[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Blados]
Weak: Mars
Resistant: Mercury[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Chaos Hound]
Weak: Venus
Resistant: Jupiter[/spoiler]

I must say, I do like the idea of Dark Adepts though. I wonder if there are any Light Adepts?

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Griever

Wait light and dark adepts? this is coooool >< ... i want a light adept in party  :Sweat:

Mion Sonozaki

What do I do with dream leaves besides revisiting that swamp dungeon, and Haures?

Also, the boss theme is amazing! Definitely one of my favorite RPG boss themes ever.

Salanewt

Yeah, but you should hear the final(?) boss theme. I am currently fighting it again.

Oh yeah, have you met Star Magician yet? His ship has a Clothos' Distaff, and he gives you Azul if you can kill him. Of course, you also have to be strong enough for the shadow part of Weyard.

Also, does this mean that I don't get to go to Bilibin? It is fine with me if it ensures another game, but...

Have a nice day.

Griever

Already at final boss? ... I just got Sveta in my party ... she is really good fighter .. but did anyone notice that Karis does more damage with magic based psynergy? even though they have the same elemental power ... I used Tornado with both of them .. Karis did around 120 while Sveta did 90 only >< i think they did something to increase casters magic power XD Oh yah i tried that on the same monster so resistance is the same

Salanewt

I noticed that Sveta seems to be a bit closer to Matthew, whereas Himi is closer to Rief, Karis closer to Amiti, and then that leaves Garet and Eoleo to be somewhat similar, though both different.

Also, I am now being seen off in Belinsk. So yes, I am past the final boss now. I tend to devour games when I get them, taking me only one or two days to beat them. This took me slightly longer than most games tend to, but it was still in the 2-3 day range. Such a wonderful game it is.

Now for my complete playthrough, where I go back to get all of the djinn, summons, and items that I missed in this playthrough.

Have a nice day.

Griever

Hehe what characters you have in your main team?
Also i think i have all the djinn that i can get, and Sveta left  :sad:

Charon

I just got got Amiti and back to China Kaochi. Gawd I'm so behind everyone else... and I think I forgot quite a few djinn. I know I missed Megaera...

Salanewt

I left at least two Mercury djinn back near Kolima/Belinsk region, one of which is the one in the port (where you first meet Briggs). I thought to myself "Oh, I will just come back here later." Too late to get him back, although I am going to start another file, which I can use to get absolutely everything.

As for a main team, I do not have one. I keep flipping them around whenever one character ends up getting a few levels higher than someone in the back team. I can name my lowest though, Tyrell at level 41. Even then, it will take nothing for him to level up if I send him to the top of Apollo Sanctum again. Those new soldiers give a whopping sum of experience (41k+ for each battle it seems). Tua Soldiers? If you train on them for a while, it would be quite easy to make it to level 50+ in a short period of time (I am guessing about 40-60 minutes, assuming that you are strong enough to kill them all). There is a Wise One statue near the entrance to Apollo Sanctum, so it would not be hard to go back and heal when you need to.

[spoiler=the Final Boss]
Weakness: Jupiter
Resistance: Venus[/spoiler]

Huh. Megaera is not too far behind actually, just to the west of the first town after Rief. As for me, I missed so many djinn and summons. I am going to start another playthrough in a few minutes, where I make sure that I get everything. I managed to find all of the Mars djinn though, the last one comes before actually reaching Apollo Sanctum.

Oh yeah, when the Eclipse Tower first rises, GO TO THE TOP! I swear, the Eclipse summon is really useful. I think that was the third(?) optional summon that I found.

Have a nice day.

y the way, does anybody know how to reach the real ending? All I managed to see was Matthew, Tyrell, and Karis returning to the cabin to find the biggest Psynergy Vortex ever. "The End?"

MaxiPower

Summon locations

[spoiler]Zagan - west of Konpa Ruins, easy enough, use whirlwind

Magera, left of first dunegon upon getting rief

Flora - In Passaj Mountain Climb, you will need frost thingy, to get it, just go to the city via the quick lift thing then walk the mountain path back down.

Moloch - After you cross the sky thingy, in the snowy mountains before you enter the town and get Sveta, follow the path west and theres a cave

Ulysess - north of boarder town theres a cave with a train track puzzle, use fireball on the bomb to reveal the thingymajob

Haures - First get a dream leaf at Kolima then head to boarder town and stay at the inn, at night in dream land, go to the otehr side of town and you will see a cave With the summon

Eclipse - When escaping the luna tower, go to the top floor and read the glyph

Crystal Dragon - In the Opera house, when leaving Belinisk for the last time, even tho it tells you to go there, you can leave the town and miss it forever

Azul -  Kill Star Magician who is on deadbeards ship in the foggy area of the map, sail till you find.

Others im not sure as of now![/spoiler]

as of now, i have only missed one djinn and if i with the ship can return there i can get it.... its Brick in the town with the ice queen

Charon

Um... is there a way to get back to that cave?... because I'm a die hard completist and if I forgot Megaera I'd hate myself for quite a while.

MaxiPower

Quote from: Charon the Ferryman on 02, December, 2010, 11:57:37 AM
Um... is there a way to get back to that cave?... because I'm a die hard completist and if I forgot Megaera I'd hate myself for quite a while.

No Charon, there is nooo way back, a flaw of DD im afriad, theres 3 points of no return in the game :(

if I cant get that "brick" djinn and its the only thing i miss, theres gonna be a brick being thrown through Camelot offices windows

Salanewt

But I thought you could go to certain areas, like the ones near Ayuthay? I recall there being a few beaches there. It seems impossible to go back to Belinsk without cheating, but along southern Angara...

Have a nice day.

Edit: By the way, why does Garet have that moustache? Acts like his father from the first game (almost none of his original personality left), and grows the caterpillar moustache.

Hey look kids, its Freddie Mercury!
"No, I'm Garet."

Charon

Quote from: MaxiPower on 02, December, 2010, 12:34:57 PM
Quote from: Charon the Ferryman on 02, December, 2010, 11:57:37 AM
No Charon, there is nooo way back, a flaw of DD im afriad, theres 3 points of no return in the game :(
Whaaaat? Then how the heck do you get back to New Vale?! Isn't that why I'm on this quest to kick some bird butt?

Salanewt

Yeah, but your quest gets interrupted by the bigger evil, and then you go back after the credits to find a huge...

Although I think you can get Megaera later on if you miss her, you can risk losing Zagan (like I did), as well as a few other summons.

Have a nice day.

Menaus

[spoiler=hidden]I recently left Patcher's Place and am now in Goma Highlands Road[/spoiler]

I just got the game today so I'm not that far.
"You state that I have misinterpreted my results, and it looks as though you believe my views to be unsound. Your arguments are those of an eminent scholar. I was myself a fair scholar. For years I pondered, so to speak, day and night over books, and filled my head with sound views–very sound ones, indeed—those of others. But I could no[t] get to practical results. I then began to work and think independently. Gradually my views became unsound, but they conducted me to some sound results." - Nikola Tesla