News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Dark Dawn Gameplay/plot discussion (SPOILERS!)

Started by Hoopa, 01, December, 2010, 09:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mion Sonozaki

GAAAAAH

Any forgeables guide yet? A list of forgeable items and what you can get?

Salanewt

I am not actually sure, since I have only encountered one or two of them myself. I suppose I can list what I get in my next playthrough, if you want it that badly.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Mion Sonozaki

Yes, please. I'm surprised the Jap version is not documented though.

Anyways, what's in the chest ontop of Belinsk's castle? I reached the point of no return, but never got that chest. I hope it's not important!

Menaus

Ha you have me a heads up without even trying, lol + 1 respect.

[spoiler]I just finished the part where BLaDOS/Spade and the Masked Man[spoiler= who the masked man is]A.K.A. Alex[/spoiler] force you to go to the south exit of the cave(forgot the name) [/spoiler]

Who likes the battle system so far? I think its pretty fun, but a little too easy all you need to do is mash the A button, unless you're fighting a boss, too bad you can't play on hard mode the first time through.

Edit: Crap, I missed a Djinn in western Angara, I'm going to have to restart my entire game :/
"You state that I have misinterpreted my results, and it looks as though you believe my views to be unsound. Your arguments are those of an eminent scholar. I was myself a fair scholar. For years I pondered, so to speak, day and night over books, and filled my head with sound views–very sound ones, indeed—those of others. But I could no[t] get to practical results. I then began to work and think independently. Gradually my views became unsound, but they conducted me to some sound results." - Nikola Tesla

MaxiPower

Three Points of No return are ( 2 of them are super no points of returns )

First [spoiler]Rief, once the cave collapse's theres no way back[/spoiler]

second [spoiler]when you take the sky trip to Northern Angara (it tells you here before you go that you may not get back).... however you get the ship later but still im not sure if any can be missed / towns closed[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Third, When you go to Belinsk after killing the mountain Roc and unleash the Luna thingy.... this cuts off all Northern Angara for you to see so get everything here

Also Note when you activate the Luna Beacon, Both Eclipse on top of the tower (jut follow the staircase and  a djinn in the town one of the houses.,on left side of town look for two beds and people sleeping in em[/spoiler]

Aile~♥

Does the Masked Man make anyone else think of Mithos from Tales of Symphonia? I mean, just his talking animation, is all.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Salanewt

You know, you talk about that game so much... I think I will have to try it within the next week or so, since it sounds really fun.

I would not know, but I suppose I can try and find out soon. I might continue my second playthrough today as well, but I hate how Isaac and Freddie can't stop talking. In fact, I would have expected Garet's personality to be closer to what Isaac seems to demonstrate. I am already in the woods though.

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Griever

After finally reaching border city and trying to help Eoleo, I entered the dream world and reached to where i fight the lizard to have the stupid emulator crash on me >< now i have to redo all of that since it didn't save ..... or i forget to save ><

:sad:
:Garet:

Frog

Finished Dark Dawn today... well, the storyline anyway, still got a few things to collect and see.
Overall the game's no Lost Age, but definitely an awesome addition to the series, with all that happened at the end I can't wait to see where Golden Sun 4 takes us!

Also, I know the whole Golden Sun event was huge and everything, but some town re-locations seem a little ridiculous... And since when was there so much stuff buried under Angara!?
Not on too often, but I'm still here!

Salanewt

I know, right? "Oh yes, this thing was built in the time of the ancients, and I have known about it for years. However, we just discovered it 30 years ago."
But yeah, the plot is fairly good. I disliked the idea of seeing so many skeletons in Champa, which is probably the only town that remained similar (other than Kolima of course). Tret and Laurel sprouted legs to be able to survive?

Also, does anyone think that the huge vortex near Mount Aleph is the Mourning Moon? When I first made it to the ending, I thought that there was something like an "actual" ending that would have to be unlocked.

It is true that they become a lesser concern in the plot, but it would have been nice to have a few more of them in some of the puzzles. I kind of liked having them up in the clouded area.

I think I know where Kalay is as well, but going there would be like trying to go to Bilibin or Imil. There is a desert area with rings of water near southern Angara, and...

Have a nice day.

Edit: Does anyone know where all of the "Sun Saga" books are located? I already know what happened in the first two games (obviously), but this is the closest that I can currently get to seeing Jenna, Ivan and co. Books 1 and 2 seem to be at the shops, and I just found 3 in a bookcase in Passaj.

Aile~♥

One of the books is at the Lookout Cabin at the start of the game. It's on top of a bookshelf in the library at the back, when you're told by Karis to grab all your equipment.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Salanewt

Cool, thanks. I am past the first point of no return again though, this time with Zagan. He looks pretty cool, but I thought he was a minotaur in the last game? Demon with angel wings is a really nice combination, I must say. And then he leaves his throne to attack the enemies.

Also, don't you find it odd that Ayuthay's soldiers wear bras? I swear, the royalty wears little clothing, and their knights wear bras (or really short tank-tops). They seem like male soldiers too...

Have a nice day.

Griever

WOW the monsters in the foggy world is really strong compared to the normal ones ...
Also Eoleo JOINS the party !!!!!!!!

Mion Sonozaki

Matthew+Sveta ApolloShipping is sooo awesome!

But also, am I the only one reeeally disappointed with the finale of the game? It felt very anticlimactic compared to Mars lighthouse, and even Venus Lighthouse. They should have had you go to Tonfon again before going to Endless Wall. At least another cutscene to make you uneasy, like "It's now or never!"

I mean, consider the actual theme played on Endless Wall and the Apollo Trial Canyon or whatever it was called, which gives a sense of needing to rush. Yet you were able to just take your sweet old little time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBqlrauvPQU

Endless Wall should have been its own dungeon too, instead of the Canyon. I mean, the Canyon just really didn't stand out enough compared to the other environments. With such a theme, they should have also made some more creative use of the Arrow dodging later seen in Apollo Gate.

Speaking of which, this is THE final dungeon after such a generic canyon? That's it!? No random battles or anything? No tower you have to climb? Just a puzzle? Laaame.

Then you had the following theme when you finally got past the gate:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qICvoUADBo

It totally has Mars lighthouse vibes in it. So why is it all you're doing is solving a simple puzzle (Followed by the final boss?). They should have had you do some giant dungeon utilizing Sveta's shield against the light.

Afterwords, Camelot blatantly trolls us with nothing accomplished in the ending besides stopping a disaster YOU caused 3/4 through the game. And we still don't know much about the Tauropang or whatever their names were.

"The end...?" :Trollface:

Then there's the fact Psynergy Vortexes were ignored for 7/8 of the game. And Gaia Falls took up even more of the world! yet they aren't even questioned?

Then there's the points of no returns. They would not be so bad if they didn't trick you into thinking you can go back. I mean, in Kaopo Temple, there were puddles of water implying you could use frost/cold snap! Yet, you could not return to it either!

Plus, no desert levels!!!!

Son, I am disappoint!

Is it good? It's excellent! Is it worth the 7 years wait? Methinks they have a bigger sequel in the works and this is just a :trollface: to create a stupid plot which makes amazing sense in the next game. Either way, I want a Dark Dawn 2!

Hoopa

Just beat the game, and it was awesome! I'm working on the bonus bosses right now. Btw, has anyone fought Ancient Demon yet?
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

Salanewt

Cool. I have not fought him, but he gives Apocalypse. Also, Star Magician and Dullahan are both in this game (or at least Star Magician, I have not experienced the Dullahan fight yet). Star Magician is a bit tougher, since it has access to six different types of balls now.

Also, there seems to be a Crush boulder in Harapa. Yes, it is possible to return to those towns. I don't think you can get Brick if you miss him though.

But in the temple with the puddles, Kraden/Rief/Nowell explain that they were able to skip ahead because of their water psynergy. The puddle near the top would bring them to the vine, which is what they used to climb down to where you first meet them. The first puddle was to allow them to skip the entire dungeon.

Have a nice day.

Hoopa

I see. That explains it. Anyway... I give up. Ancient Demon keeps possessing Matthew... who has the Sol Blade, the highest attack of my party, and who is the fastest character I have... >.<
Screw it, new game time! Also, did anyone else find it funny that from Matthew's few spoken lines, his last is a four letter censored word?
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

Frog

Ugh Ancient Demon loves possessing Sveta when she turns beastform, then she mauls my whole party to death...
Yet to fight Star Magician.

Disappointed I ended up missing 2 Djinn though.

Also MatthewxSveta ftw!  :happy:

Awec

I've just managed to get into Ayuthay or whatever the name was (where you meet Amitri).
Have I missed any djinn? I have 4 Venus, 3 Mars & Jupiter, but only 2 Mercury.
I also got Zagan (which a lot of people seem to have missed) and Megaera.

I feel somehow disappointed. So much has changed that the constant throw-ins of recognizable names seem necessary to keep it feeling like Golden Sun. (Do they just mention Nyunpa as a reference to the previous games or does he actually appear? Although I'll probably have found out by the time I read any reply...)

I also have 3 Sun Saga Books so far: One in Isaac's cabin, One in a house at Patcher's Place and One in the meeting hall of Passaj.

I really hope I haven't missed any Mercury djinn... and does anyone else find the random battles with djinn on the world map annoying?
I. Am. A. Spoon.
Yes, a spoon that is awesome that is a Jupiter adept that is one of the Anemos that lives on the freaking moon.
What of it?

Frog

Personally i think those pointless references are a large part of what kept me interested in the game, I really enjoyed attempting to find towns and characters from the previous games... of course there aren't many. :(

And I have every book but 4... none of which i found, i just bought them from stores occasionally, not sure how they work.