News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Dark Dawn Gameplay/plot discussion (SPOILERS!)

Started by Hoopa, 01, December, 2010, 09:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aile~♥

Yeah, but the Illusion Perfume isn't even useful. All it does is delude up to three enemies.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Menaus

I'm saving my Psy Grenade and my Spark Shuriken for the final battle
"You state that I have misinterpreted my results, and it looks as though you believe my views to be unsound. Your arguments are those of an eminent scholar. I was myself a fair scholar. For years I pondered, so to speak, day and night over books, and filled my head with sound views–very sound ones, indeed—those of others. But I could no[t] get to practical results. I then began to work and think independently. Gradually my views became unsound, but they conducted me to some sound results." - Nikola Tesla

Awec

I'm of the opinion that those are gimmick items, since they don't seem to be exceptionally useful and aren't even artifacts (since I sold mine and can't re-buy them).
I. Am. A. Spoon.
Yes, a spoon that is awesome that is a Jupiter adept that is one of the Anemos that lives on the freaking moon.
What of it?

Griever

Actually it's more like these items exist in the game to be used against us rather than we use them against enemies.
I mean they were so effective when they were first used against us when fighting the strange soldiers (forgot there name).

Aile~♥

I do like that the game gives us some to play with, but it's still annoying not having more than one. Besides that, the Spark Shuriken is an EPA I think. How else do you explain it doing massive damage in some videos I've seen in the game and it hitting, like, 8 damage in other vids of the same fight?

Salanewt

I think that they are supposed to act like souvenirs, when they are just momentos that you can get for fights. We should still be able to get more than one though, it would be fun if we could use them.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Menaus

The last minute of my life:

Start fight with Ancient Devil, have Sveta go into beast form, Ancient Devil possesses Sveta.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

You can probably guess what happened next. D:
"You state that I have misinterpreted my results, and it looks as though you believe my views to be unsound. Your arguments are those of an eminent scholar. I was myself a fair scholar. For years I pondered, so to speak, day and night over books, and filled my head with sound views–very sound ones, indeed—those of others. But I could no[t] get to practical results. I then began to work and think independently. Gradually my views became unsound, but they conducted me to some sound results." - Nikola Tesla

Griever

Hehe, still havn't reached that piont but since i don't use Sveta i don't know who it might posses.

Salanewt

It possessed Karis on my team, probably because of her really high Agility and Luck. I think it might pick the strongest available character, or else it picks the one with a highest stat average? I am not really sure. Of course, it could try to calculate which of the characters is more likely to be able to kill the rest of your team.

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Griever

I get the feeling, in my team Matthew will be possessed .... since he has the highest ATK.
Salanewt ... i really don't think they will have the monster calculate who is the best character to kill the rest, else they are really .... mean >< can't find another word to say.

Hoopa

I believe that ancient demon possesses the party member on the far right until the one there is down, then it switches to others.
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

Salanewt

I think you might be right. However, I forget whether Karis was last in line, or if she was second (since I usually have her as my second member, right after Matthew).

Have a nice day.

Hoopa

I think its right. I would know, seeing as a failed to beat him after 20 times...
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

Aile~♥

Then stick a disarmed Himi over there, and make sure to use up all her Psynergy before the fight.

Awec

Stuck in the Apollo cliffs (at the end of the great wall). I've found a weird statue with no head and the head under a crush rock a short distance away, but can't figure out how to go on or what the point of the head is, if any. (Although I'm assuming it's connected to progressing.)
I. Am. A. Spoon.
Yes, a spoon that is awesome that is a Jupiter adept that is one of the Anemos that lives on the freaking moon.
What of it?

Shinigami

Does anyone think, after completing the main storyline, that the game is waaaay too short? I'm at the final boss and have only played for around 16h :sad: .
Also, does anyone know if they are making another one?
So nanoka~

Charon

I'm at the last main dungeon in story mode. After I complete the game I'm going to do another playthrough, this time a Rief-only playthrough for great justice.

Griever

So Rief is your fav. character?

I just got Himi ... haven't played the game for a while ><

Why do they always make the first Mars Adept so stupid?  :Sweat:

Salanewt

Rief is awesome! Out of all of the new characters, he makes it in my top 10 (including NPCs of course, else it would not be 10). Overall, he is in my top 20. I do not know about Charon's tastes, and her list is probably different from mine.

I don't know, I always found Jenna to be fairly smart (unless you are talking about the first of both sets of 8). Of course, Tyrell is the son of Freddie Garet, so it would be odd to some if he were smarter than his old man.

Apollo Sanctum? Excellent experience there, especially against the Tua Warriors. They give you ludicrous amounts of experience points, so one could easily go up by 10-20 levels in an hour.

Himi is okay, at least for a mage character. She comes with some pretty unique psynergy though, aside from the ones that make her associated with plants.

Have a nice day.

Charon

There's a lot of hate against Rief and I really don't get why. He's awesome because of his glasses and everything (hugs Rief badge).

Amiti just annoyed me because he was like generic "you did bad so me no like you", Sveta was almost like she wasn't there, Eoleo should have been more like his father... and Himi I hated at first but now I don't mind so much (my real dislike came from her creepy OA)