News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Dark Dawn Gameplay/plot discussion (SPOILERS!)

Started by Hoopa, 01, December, 2010, 09:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griever

Well considering that Himi is the one that died .... i don't really care >< Since the other 7 got exp ... especially Matthew, Tyrell and Karis ..... the three that i always have in my party.

Charon

Quote from: JamietheFlameUser on 22, December, 2010, 04:34:12 PM
It gets worse: Unless you can defeat the boss before he uses Demon Sign, your party will not get full experience from the boss. Any character he possesses with Demon Sign is knocked out when the boss dies. So essentially, you're stuck with at most 7 characters getting experience. Considering the huge amount of EXP given by the boss, that really, really sucks.
You could probably make that up with the T-Pang soldiers on the Apollo Lens Beacon or whatever though.

zman9000

But still I can't wait to get this game!

spoilers for most people ruin the game but for me the more i know the more fun it is when i get to that point.

(as long as i don't know to much)

And man i can't make up my mind if i like this game or not... lol. makes me want to play even more!
No comment to next comment...
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Charon

Aile~♥

DANGIT I JUST LOST THE GAME!

Also, no he hasn't played it. But then, neither have I.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Charon

O.o how can you talk about liking the game if you haven't played the game?

Aile~♥

Let's Plays, guides, and walkthroughs. Oh, and this topic.

...XD
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

zman9000

WOOO! got GS DD for Christmas and am at the first beastman town... how far into the game is that?
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Salanewt

Wait, Belinsk? As far as I am aware, there are only two Beastman towns. The other one is beside Kolima. Either way, you are close to the 50% mark.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Griever

WOW nice, I'm on my second play-through ..... trying to get every single thing from items to summons ><

Salanewt

That sounds like fun. Oh yeah, it turns out that you can return to some towns after the Eclipse. One djinni is hidden in the mountainous town, near the southern coast.

And your post has reminded me of something. I might start another playthrough soon, because my quest for a 99 team was achieved before I arrived here.

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Griever

Well my first play-through i didn't find 2 djinn >< now i know where to get 1 of them  :Sweat:

zman9000

Ok now i am collecting the Dark gear... (don't remember exact name)
and so far the bosses are very easy... and i have not died yet.

and it seems like you level up very quick in this game.

Also what was the boss that you were having trouble with? he must be a head.

i am around level 36 and have not started to grind for exp. yet.

And so my post is not off topic:
Man the eclipse thing is so anoying ( not hard).
and i don't like that you don't have access to the whole world :sad:

Salanewt

Trust me, grinding is only necessary if you want to grind. Enemies tend to be very easy, yet they are really generous with experience. Tua Warriors are the easiest and quickest source of experience, and I am at the point where Karis can kill a group of 3 with one unleash. Of course, Matty can deal over 1000 damage with Megiddo at level 99. I stopped using psynergy to survive... 40 levels ago? I still use Ply/Wish to top of my HP, which is rarely needed anymore. The enemies near Crossbone Isle are tougher than Tua Warriors, but they give less experience.

Umbra Gear, right?

Also, does anybody find that they tend to put all djinn on standby before healing large sums of HP? I do not need to do it, but I have started because it is much easier.

Have a nice day.

Hoopa

Eh. I almost never keep any djinn on standby as I rarely use summons. When I do, it's usually only for dramatic effect. :)
I prefer sticking to weapon skills and psynergy. I just go with the flow of the battle.
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

Awec

Quote from: Salanewt on 27, December, 2010, 09:17:46 PM
Also, does anybody find that they tend to put all djinn on standby before healing large sums of HP? I do not need to do it, but I have started because it is much easier.

Have a nice day.

I tried that on GS1 and although I used Cure (didn't have Mia yet) less, I lost PP from putting the djinn on standby and didn't regain it when I set them again.
I. Am. A. Spoon.
Yes, a spoon that is awesome that is a Jupiter adept that is one of the Anemos that lives on the freaking moon.
What of it?

Rolina

Quote from: Charon the Ferryman on 21, December, 2010, 06:53:38 AM
Quote from: Whizkidhv on 21, December, 2010, 05:38:28 AM
You game over. Simple as that.
You can't be serious.
When the AD takes a character, they are considered KOed.  When you take out the AD without taking the other character out, they're actually KOed and get NO xp.

@Tua warriors:  That was just plain ridiculous.  Even post game enemies give less experience.  The guaranteed Water of Life drop?  God, and I thought they couldn't make this game easier...

Charon

Wow, didn't even notice the guaranteed item drop now that you point it out... just ridiculous. I guess they're there just in case you didn't level up enough for the Chaos Chimera, but even then >_>

Salanewt

I know, right? I had to drop about 25% of my Tears to speed up my quest for a level 99 party. Otherwise, you have 10-15 second sequences to tell you that you had to drop the item.

Have a nice day.

zman9000

o_O ..... please tell me there is a hard mode!!!!!

wow GS DD's story is confusing, easy, and short...... I wan't my money back....

But there better be a hard mode!