News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Elibian Nights (A Fire Emblem 7 Hack)

Started by Arch, 07, December, 2010, 12:14:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arch

What is Elibian Nights?

Elibian Nights is a fan-made "sequel" to Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword (released as just "Fire Emblem" in the United States and Europe). The game follows the stories of Blazing Sword's cast between the end of Blazing Sword and the beginning of its Japan-only sequel, Sword of Seals.

The game is centered around "tales," which are like your standard Fire Emblem chapter. The main difference, however, is that each tale is completely independent. The cast of the first tale will not carry over into the second, and the stories, while some do link together (for example, Tales 1, 2, and 3 provide the backdrop for Tale 5's events), the plots are independent of one-another.

After a tale is completed, the player will be transported to the "Tale Select" screen. At this hub, you can select the next tale you wish to play, choose to replay any of the tales you've completed, and view your Achievements. If you're familiar with the XBOX360, you'll recognize the concept of "Achievements." The game features a total of 20 Achievements to unlock! The game will feature a total of 13 scenarios, with 7 in the current release.

What's in this release?

The first release covers Tales 1 - 4, and all of the gaiden tales. Please note that you should keep this save after playing, since all future releases will simply build off of this release. Consider this to be a "baseline" release, and the only further additions will be the implementation of the remaining tales (which will be released on a per-tale basis).

Griever

Erm the link does not work......
But the hack looks really great.

Aile~♥

Link is busted, Arch.

Also, don't I know you from Pokemblem Forums? (I'm JamietheAuraUser over there.) It's nice to see you here! Drag Blueleaf over here with you, K?
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Blazer

Looks like he's yet to update this topic, I'll notify him ASAP.

Arch

Updates!

Tale 5 is complete, Tale 6 is in progress, Fargus shows up to kick @#$, Shaver gets a new spell animation, weapons get some new icons, Pent gets a gaiden, Aircalibur gets imported to FE7 at last, generic Assassins finally appear (with my half-assed generic enemy portrait), and Tales 1 & 2 get a revamp.

Griever

The  download link does not work  :sad: ><

This is torture you know  :irate:

Arch

I'm sorry for torturing. I copied the main post from IPB, I guess it's different with SMF forums (been a while since I used one).

http://h1.ripway.com/fe4advance/Elibian%20Nights%20v2%20final.rar

This doesn't include any of the above updates though.

Aile~♥

First off, your signature failed. Second of all, I don't know if that's the link to the current updates in the first post, but it seems to work fine for me.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Griever

Oh ok now i know why it does not work for me, sorry for the bother Arch. It seems that the hosting website is for some reason block in the country.

Arch

That is the last public release in the first post. All the posted updates will be in the v3 patch.

And DarkGriever, I'm sorry to hear that. See if this link works for you.
http://www.filedropper.com/elibiannightsv2final

Also, I've got a Fargus-tastic update.

Check it out, new Berzoikuh animation! The Blind Archer, believing the default Berserker animation to be of poor quality, decided to model a generic berserker after Hawkeye's animation. shadowofchaos was awesome enough to compile it into an FEditor animation for Elibian Nights.

Griever

Arch

I'm very happy to hear it worked for you.

Arch

Alright, the beta-testing stages are complete for version 3! Expect a release within the next few days. Here's a screenshot montage from v3.

Arch

Kai Hong

Wow you're good. What program did you use?
WARNING! IT IS EXTREMELY DANGEROUS TO READ THIS WARNING! NOW YOU WILL DIE...eventually.

Sleipnir36

@Lord British
I hope your hack doesn't contain any Nino&Jaffar love courpel events, because else I'll assisinate you with poisoned tea! No, seriously don't do that. It would only turn bad, veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery bad for your hack (and your hack looks good compared to the many other "just threw other chars from other FE games for teh lulz" hacks). Have a nice british day!^^

Griever

Nice hack .. and nice story ^_^
I will check the achievement system after exams >_<

Arch

Over a year since I last updated this topic? That's pretty ridiculous! The project has been undergoing major revisions in the past year. I've just released the first patch for "Version 5" which will be the final version of the game. It covers Tales 1 - 4 (and all of the extra tales); the next four tales will be released on a per-chapter basis. I'll be sure to keep GSHC in the loop this time!

Salanewt

Hey Archie, nice update! Oh, I have a question... Are the tales like chapters, or are they like the split paths/routes of FE7 and FE8?
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Arch

They're basically chapters, except that the chapters are stand-alone stories. Unlike a full-length game, each chapter is basically independent of each other (and you can replay any of them from any point at will).