News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Mars Clan Hack - Power of Fire

Started by Griever, 12, December, 2010, 11:54:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoopa

Youtube Link here

Or watch it here.
[spoiler=video]
[/spoiler]
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

Griever

Well guys we are finally releasing our first Clan Hack patch.

Golden Sun - Power of Fire V1 patch: http://www.mediafire.com/?nhfjee0tec7h210

Golden Sun - Power of Fire V1.1 patch: http://www.mediafire.com/?d2y88xcrfst8ti5

If anyone is interested in testing, here is a list of what we want tested.

[spoiler]1. Gameplay in general, test battle against all bosses from beginning till end (Doom Dragon!!). Bosses have yet to have there stats increased. [For those that are planning on using the saves posted in the forum, they won't work for a simple reason: They have max stats cheat in them].

2. New Items have the correct description and effect:
  a) Magma Emblem, raises luck, attack and elemental power. Luck = +2, attack = +5 Elemental Power = +5 Venus.
  b) Magma Emblem, raises agility and elemental power. Agility +6, Elemental Power = +6 Venus.
  c) Mars Ring, raises Hit Points and Elemental Power, HP + 10 and Elemental Power + 8 Mars.
  d) Mars Band (supposed to be a hair band), Raises Hit Points, Attack and Elemental Power, HP +10, Attack +5, Elemental Power +5.
  e) Lucky Charm, raises attack, defense and elemental power. Attack +5, Defense +5, Elemental power +5 Jupiter.
  f) Lucky Charm, raises psynergy points and elemental power. PP +10, Elemental power +5 Jupiter.
  g) Mercury Band, raises Hit points, Psynergy points and Elemental power. HP +10, PP +10, Elemental power +5.
  h) Mercury Ring, raises Psynergy Points and Elemental Power, PP + 10 and Elemental Power + 5 Mercury.

3. I noticed that some of the psynergy had animations meant for single targets like the animation for Titan Blade, so if you can i need a list of those, i have some of them but more than one person checking is better.
4. ALL Weapons should increase elemental power:
  a) Long Swords, Venus + Mars.
  b) Light Blades, Venus + Mars + Jupiter.
  c) Axes, Venus + Mars.
  d) Maces, Mercury only.
  e) Staffs, Mercury + Jupiter.[/spoiler]

Crystal Sonata

Ok i think i found a bug. I just passed the guy who thought he was going to die and warns you about the monsters, and when i get into a battle the screen flashes to black, and the battle music plays but nothing comes up.
Anything I post here is solely my opinion, and is not proven fact, unless I specify otherwise.

If I say anything that offends you, grow a set.

Griever

Crystal Sonata

-facepalm- My god i must be the biggest idiot ever.....Ok...thanks....
Anything I post here is solely my opinion, and is not proven fact, unless I specify otherwise.

If I say anything that offends you, grow a set.

Griever

Let me know if there is anything else.

Aile~♥

The item Lucky Charm's description uses the name Sheba, but her name has been changed to Sylvia.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Salanewt

Hey, do you have any artwork for the characters that you might be willing to share, or will any pieces of artwork made by kept hidden from us?
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

Just a heads up, I figured y'all'd like to know - Unleashes like Acid Bath (I think that's what it was) gives us that Mars also has domain over Corrosives.  As such, you could say that the domains of mars are Heat/Flame, Explosive/Implosives, and Caustics/Corrosives.

Griever

@Jamie: Thanks for pointing that out, the items were made before we decided on changing names.

QuoteHey, do you have any artwork for the characters that you might be willing to share, or will any pieces of artwork made by kept hidden from us?
Errrrrrrrrr not sure what to say here, I'm getting the feeling that this is not meant for us ><

@Role: Thanks for sharing this information.

Edit: I posted a patch with the correct descriptions.

Hoopa

Quote from: Salanewt on 15, January, 2011, 08:30:37 PM
Hey, do you have any artwork for the characters that you might be willing to share, or will any pieces of artwork made by kept hidden from us?

...Hm. I might... I think I have a pic of the new Jenna somewhere... It's incomplete though.

Quote from: Role on 15, January, 2011, 08:30:37 PM
Just a heads up, I figured y'all'd like to know - Unleashes like Acid Bath (I think that's what it was) gives us that Mars also has domain over Corrosives.  As such, you could say that the domains of mars are Heat/Flame, Explosive/Implosives, and Caustics/Corrosives.

Ah thanks. I forgot about the corrosives.

Also, the hack is now in the Download area. For those too lazy to go find it, or don't want to, click here
to download it.
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

Rolina

If you give me a bit, I'll probably have the MonoElement Class Template up.  I'm also working on Tips and Suggestions for use in making a hack, so keep an eye out for those too.  You may like some of the ideas.

Griever

Here is something you will need to avoid for now. Since our hack uses the new separate party 2 from party 1 patch, party 2 will not be able to use any other class other than there base. We will fix this soon along with extra addition to the hack.

Edit: Fixed few "bugs" so please try the new patch.

Griever

Double post alert:

Ok guys i changed the link for the newest patch v1.2 since the old patch didn't change anything when applied to a TLA rom. File name should be Power of Fire_V1-2_NEW.ips

Edit: I thought i should state what was fixed in this patch:

1. Felix and Sheba had stats and class multipliers changes.
2. Jenna's psynergy Soul Burn tier 2 and 3 had there animation changed.
3. Felix is now able to use Axe instead of Light Blade making him heavy weapons user.

Another update is on the way so keep your fingers crossed ^_^

Enjoy.

Rolina

I just noticed something.

YOU'RE STILL DISREGARDING THE FACT THAT ANKHS ARE SEPARATE WEAPON TYPES.

Yeesh, even after them having not only separate sprites here, but separate weapon mastery levels in Dark Dawn...  This means all characters in your hack have three weapon types.

Griever

Ah yes we did not take into consideration that Ankhs are separated from staff, and now that you reminded me .. i think we will try to come with something for that .... maybe making them mercury only weapons or something else ....

Thanks.

Rolina

So Mia exclusive?  Er, how about not?

Griever

Hehe yah I'm not sure about what i can do about it ...... we might even wait for now since we don't have any ideas we can use.