Golden Sun Hacking Community
November 19, 2017, 04:12:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Skipable parts of the game with basic hacking.  (Read 4456 times)
Atrius
Programmer Extraordinaire
Web Host

Fear my blades

Veteran Member

Coins: 1

Emblems: Website Founder
Clan Position: Creation God of Sol

« on: October 23, 2008, 06:36:00 PM »

Have you actually done this?

I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything
View Profile WWW
weckar
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 06:42:00 PM »

Yes I have. The ones I am not sure about were ones I thought of as possibilites later. Most of it was achieved by letting early weapons and armour bestow utility psynergies. Since this negates the need for the grindstone, the eastern sea, shaman village and most of the rocks are out.

Only later I realised I could have a monster drop the magma ball as loot, eliminating magma rock completely. The reason I did JL anyway was because I wanted to try some stuff with the secondary party, but going over it, I wouldn't have had to.
Atrius
Web Host

Fear my blades

Veteran Member

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 07:16:00 PM »

Cool, you could beat the game without Isaac's party ever joining yours.

View Profile WWW
weckar
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 07:21:00 PM »

They will appear in cutscenes though. In GS1 the Kolima scenario was handled both with and without Mia, but even fixing Briggs' boat without Piers will bring him along for the cutscene.

EDIT: Only reason any of Gondowan is mandatory, is because you need Piers to get his boat.
weckar
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 05:39:00 AM »

Basic hacking in this case: altering enemies and items, what we can do now using the program.

-Kandorean Temple
-Shrine of the Sea God
-Most of Dehkan Plateau
-Most of Yampi Desert
-Air's Rock (YAY)
-Most of Kibombo Mountains
-Practically the entire Eastern Sea
-All of Hesperia and Atteka (not sure about Atteka, can't remember if you  need the wings to reach prox)
-(I'm pretty sure) Magma Rock
-Most of Mars Lighthouse

Yes you can finish the game without ever entering Jupiter Lighthouse

MaxiPower
Feed Me Coins!!
Venus Clan

Great Member

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2008, 11:47:00 AM »

with the walk through walls code + world map code. i had the Lemurian ship and on the open sea before i even got Piers however the game crashes when you get a battle on the boat without Piers.

using the same code i went straight to Prox lol.

View Profile
Atrius
Web Host

Fear my blades

Veteran Member

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2008, 02:43:00 PM »

That's weird...  I used a save file after I already had the boat, and hacked Piers out of my party without it crashing like that.

View Profile WWW
MaxiPower
Feed Me Coins!!
Venus Clan

Great Member

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2008, 09:24:00 PM »

hmm strange, i dont know for sure but on maybe three separate occasions it happened.

2 of them it it froze on first contact but the other crashed after a battle so maybe it was the enemy that set it of or just unlucky.

this isn't important however if you can do it without problems  
View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Template maker turned lurker

Alchemist

Coins: 10

I am: wondering if we can get our clan position changed...
Clan Position: Grand Overlady of Jupiter

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2008, 06:41:00 AM »

I just thought of something...

You can skip when Isaac and them join, right?

So what happens if you get all the djinn that would have gone to isaac's team?  That's what, 2 extra djinn for Felix's crew for each party member?

What all can you pull off with that?

Edit:  Wait, if you don't enter a password, that's THREE.

View Profile WWW
MaxiPower
Feed Me Coins!!
Venus Clan

Great Member

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2008, 01:42:00 PM »

I just thought of something...

You can skip when Isaac and them join, right?

So what happens if you get all the djinn that would have gone to isaac's team?  That's what, 2 extra djinn for Felix's crew for each party member?

What all can you pull off with that?

Edit:  Wait, if you don't enter a password, that's THREE.
hmm it would problary just reset to the normal set of djinn

however any volunteers for putting in that nasty password... ohhh the nightmares of that dreaded gold password haunts me. espcically if you make a mistake
View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2008, 03:54:00 AM »

Nonono, I mean, SKIP getting the team.  Instead, DO NOT ENTER the password.  That way, you have the extra djinn popping up that wouldn't be there after the password (if you got them all in GS1).  Then...

Using Felix's party...

Get all the Djinn you'd have normally gotten AFTER Isaac's party joins.  Only, they're not there to join you.  And as such... You get the djinn they'd have gotten.  Basically, you'd do the same thing you did, putting utility psys on simple items.  Then just get as many djinn as possible, WITHOUT getting Isaac's group.

I don't think it'd reset the amount, but rather, you may be able to pull of djinn combos that you'd not normally be able to do (Piers as Ronin, perhaps?).  I wanna know if it'd work though, or if the game would freeze up or something.

View Profile WWW
Atrius
Web Host

Fear my blades

Veteran Member

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2008, 12:22:00 AM »

Since I had a little free time, I did a little testing.

The Djinn menu outside of battle only handles up to 10 Djinn on a person properly.  If you have any more than that the list can become glitchy, and even lock up when you try to exit it.

The in-battle menu for Djinn has no problems at all handling any number of Djinn.  I even hacked ALL of the Djinn in the game (That's 80 total including the 2 dummy Djinn for each element) on to Felix, and the only problem was some minor glitching with the page numbering at the top of the panel.

I had some problems with it thinking Djinn were recovering (Like they are after you use them to summon) when they weren't, but I'm not sure if it was just a glitch or because I altered the Djinn data in memory incorrectly.

View Profile WWW
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2008, 04:48:00 AM »

Ah, that answers my question.  I was wondering if the game could handle it.

View Profile WWW
MaxiPower
Feed Me Coins!!
Venus Clan

Great Member

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2008, 03:05:00 PM »

ahh yes. i do remember getting all the djinn using an Action Replay device.. if i recall correctly the djinn menu like Atrius was screwed but they worked perfect ingame
View Profile
weckar
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2008, 12:50:00 AM »

Well, good to know. I will probably make a quick game playthrough featuring this, even  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
November 16, 2017, 09:44:44 AM
Fox: Very quiet month.
November 11, 2017, 04:16:27 AM
tino_animate: Hello everyone. Ive just recently replayed Golden sun and TLA. I got really inspired and I'm interested in creating a prequel of Golden Sun. Unfurtunatly i know bery little on how to do it bit im willing to learn how. I need a few people to help me. I'm sure we can create a very well story based on what we know of the games. Anyone interested?
October 16, 2017, 09:57:26 AM
AZVRE: Im pretty okay, what about you?
October 16, 2017, 01:17:14 AM
Fox: I think the nine is doing a cirno on me, though... Anyway, how is everyone doing today?
October 16, 2017, 01:12:20 AM
Fox: onesixtwo*
October 16, 2017, 01:12:00 AM
Fox: Okay... Meanwhile... ah... 162 being a number that has made itself known to me.... I look at the relationships of the numbers.... 162  1+6+2 = 9 ; onesizetwo = alphabetical order = 9 characters ; Distance apart analysis: os = 4 = 1[6][2] , st = 1 = [1]6[2] , ot = 5 = [1][6]2 ; ost = original sound track?
October 15, 2017, 06:31:17 PM
AZVRE: ah okay :D i thought i caused some trouble
October 14, 2017, 07:49:16 AM
Fox: Oh i know... You were messing with yours, and the description says mine. It's kind of a funny bug. :P
October 13, 2017, 08:18:31 PM
AZVRE: I did not edit your profile tho. Just to erase that confusion ^^"
October 12, 2017, 04:49:56 AM
Fox: e.g. this art = http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/Themes/Jupiter/images/catbg.gif (etc.)
October 12, 2017, 04:48:58 AM
Fox: I have a question: Where did the art for the headers come from? (Like the backgrounds to each of these things... "Affiliates", etc... Asking just incase it inspires me to do something... but if Charon made it, then that's cool too.
October 11, 2017, 04:23:02 AM
FoxWas thinking about having something for the editor anniversary, but I believe I had to change my mind....
October 10, 2017, 12:58:36 PM
Fox: That's alright. ;       @AZVRE's profile: "Current Activity:  Editing the profile of Fox." ...Eh... That looks weird.
October 07, 2017, 11:45:16 PM
Atrius: Sorry about that, the auto bot detection is still working, but it also requires an admin to visit the site regularly.
October 04, 2017, 04:17:40 AM
Fox: Yeah, it does bring a small amount of activity. Not good quality activity, but it's still activity, nonetheless.  Now if we can get them to randomly post pictures and vdeios!
October 04, 2017, 02:10:48 AM
Majora: If nothing else, I like how they're copying the content of real posts at random. Interesting to see how they adapt to seem more authentic
October 03, 2017, 08:29:38 PM
Fox: medico6601 = Most likely another bot. :(
September 26, 2017, 03:32:24 PM
Fox: by ten* Excuse me.
September 26, 2017, 03:32:12 PM
Fox: Oh yes... Also multiply all levels by two. (So actually, an adept will have levels of 54, 3, 2, and 1, rather than 5, 0, 0, 0.... if going by those.)
September 26, 2017, 03:29:07 PM
Fox: ...I mean the theory also saves space on the Status Screen.

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise