News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

More then 16 attack???

Started by zman9000, 17, December, 2010, 11:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zman9000

I am sorry for this being so long but i had some complected questions... sorry

I have seen in some online videos that you can have more then 16 attacks/spells.
I would like to know how to do this.
:Sweat:
I tried to do this with more pys. equip items. (i mean i made some items that teach you new attacks when equiped) but it failed :um:

Also on a side note something i have always wandered about in the game.
I first notest this in 2002 near the end of golden sun 1.

On the stats page
you press a button twice to look at equip items.( main equip items(chest guard, sword))
well when you get the Gaia blade there is one of these> :Venus: on the right.
and if i am correct only 3 weapons in both gs1 and gs2 have this. (list is bellow)

Gaia blade :Venus:
Fire brand :Mars:
Crystal Rod :Mercury:

i could be wrong about the last one but the others.. well yea.

and again i am sorry for this being so long.. :sad: :sad: :sad:
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Aile~♥

Also, Elven Rapier has a  :Jupiter: next to it. The elemental icons indicate weapon attribute. These transform your regular weapon attacks into attacks of that element.

Additionally, Sylph Rapier has a  :Jupiter:, Vulcan Axe and Burning Sword have a  :Mars:, and Frost Wand has a  :Mercury:.

It is in fact possible to have more than 16 Psynergies with equip items, provided you set their "Use" function from "Multiple uses" to "Bestows Psynergy", then set the "Use" effect to the ability you want to give them. Also, some characters have innate Psynergy, like Piers' Douse, Felix and Isaac's Move and Retreat, and Ivan and Sheba's Mind Read.

Dude, stop saying sorry. It's just irritating.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

zman9000

O thanks i see what i did wrong now...

so what you are saying is it is imposable to have more then 46 Psynergies for one person as of right now with the 0.3 editor right?

and from what i have read to give some one another "as you put it" ("innate Psynergy") is impossable as right now because of not being able to edit code for the main characters right?

or am i wrong cause i saw in a youtube vid. some one had another option in the editor for editing code?

I think it was Atrius? so that probly means it is some thing he has not put into the idtior yet.................. that stinks :irate:

man i keep coming up with more questions .. i am such a noob..... aaaa..
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Aile~♥

It is currently impossible to give a character more innate Psynergy because Atrius doesn't have a code viewer for characters, and because he hasn't found the code that says what innate Psynergy each character has.

zman9000

Ok thats what i gathered from other places around the net. thanks

well i guess that will be it for now thanks a lot!!  :happy:

Rolina

We cannot edit innates, only class psynergy for the time being.  If we could edit innate, Piers would no longer have access to douse in my hacks.

The reason you're seeing those values is this:  Class + Innate + Bestowed Psynergy.  It adds up quite a bit, especially when you pile on the field psys.

zman9000

darn.. that is ... just... that sucks :um:

sounds very complicated...

Aile~♥

Still quite easy to have more than 16 Psys. Use ITEMS.

zman9000

Yea but not more then 30. so you are limited to how many spells you can learn no matter which way you look at it.

46 is the max (-the free ones the game gives you (like Peirs douse)) Battle spells.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

QuoteWe cannot edit innates, only class psynergy for the time being.  If we could edit innate, Piers would no longer have access to douse in my hacks.

Aren't the innates done via Assembly?

Now for my introduction...

Have you ever wanted to change the starting Psynergy for a character?

This is not Class Psynergy, nor a bestowing psynergy by an item...

Anyway, they are done through Assembly.. It is quite simple.

It sets Arguments and calls a function.

The area you should look at in the GBA Assembly viewer is at 080ADF02 and all the way down to 080ADF46.

R1 is the psynergy number.
R0 is who to give it to. (0 - 7, obviously)

Have fun!

Oh, and because I know Role wanted to get rid of Douse for Piers..
Look here: 080ADF1A
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Rolina

CDP, what I want is a way to do this in the editor.

Oh? Don't like hex editing, huh? I'm sure you can somehow persuade Atrius into adding it in with my above post... (Either way you do it, the address of the data would still need to be found, and in this case, it has been found... so..)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Rolina

The thing is, the Editor is supposed to allow it so we don't have to do hex editing or the like.  By saying to go in and do it with a hex editor, it kind of defeats the purpose of Atrius' editor.

Atrius (He/Him)

The fact that it's in the middle of a block of ASM code certainly complicates things though...
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Rolina

You'll figure it out, I'm sure.

Salanewt

Any idea as to what the BL (Branch and Link) commands point to charleys? This other code is easy enough to figure out (080ADF02 gives Retreat to Felix, for example), but the other stuff is probably important enough as well.

Edit: Perhaps this should be a new topic? Anyway, this is something new that I will want to discuss with everyone involved in Dimensional Crisis, so I will likely retain some focus on this until it is in the editor.

We only get 9 of these to use? Aw... but I suppose it can be expanded if needed.

Edit 2: I might as well list them, since I have a feeling that this topic will be split later.

[spoiler=Inept List]
080ADF02 - Grants Retreat to Felix
080ADF0A - Grants Move to Felix
080ADF12 - Grants Mind Read to Sheba
080ADF1A - Grants Douse to Piers
080ADF22 - Grants Retreat to Isaac
080ADF2A - Grants Move to Isaac
080ADF32 - Grants Move to Garet
080ADF3A - Grants Mind Read to Ivan
080ADF42 - Grants Reveal to Ivan[/spoiler]

And the BL occurrences each point to the same location.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Even with a hex editor, the editor can still have an advantage. It is mainly for seeing data labeled and for automatic repointer., etc. All that would take literally forever to do manually. For example, the editor could one day repoint these assembly functions so you can have psynergy items passed &HFF much easier. (As well as more than 9 spaces.), but you will have to deal with it until then.

Also, thankyou for listing those.

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Atrius (He/Him)

The BL commands call the function that actually does the work to give them the psynergy, the rest is just telling the function what it needs to do.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Rolina

So where's the part that has the Rock Psynergies in it?  You know, Sand, Reveal, Parch, etc...

Salanewt

I think this section only includes the ones that you start with when you first obtain the PCs; I would expect the others to be handled nearby though (as a guess). That would explain why Sheba doesn't have Reveal like Ivan does.

On second thought, they might not be organized in the same manner as this because I can not find it when I try searching with a hex editor. The Rock spells might be in the middle of the scripts that grant them to the PCs.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?