News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Average Level on Golden sun

Started by zman9000, 18, December, 2010, 10:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your average level when beating golden sun 1 100% (deadbeard)?

12-16
17-26
27-34
35-40
41-50
51-99

zman9000

My average level when i am just playing through the game is ... well i will put what i just finnished with last week.

Option 2: 17-26

or more specific  :Isaac: =21 :Garet: =21 :Ivan:=21 :Mia: =22

but i realy want to see if any one (with out hacks) beat the game at level 12!
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

leaf

I don't believe it's possible. I think the lowest possible level to finish the game at is somewhere around 15-18, and that's only fighting the essential fights. It would've been more reasonable if you had smaller divisions for the poll options, since 15-18, 18-21, 21-24, and 24-27 are all vastly different ranges, but they are all included in your 17-26 option. The highest you could expect to hit on a "normal" game would probably be 27-30 or maybe 30-33. If you hit 34+ you definitely did some extra leveling in there.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Rolina

Aye, the target level, if their join levels in TLA are to be believed, is 28.  If you get higher, you're starting to overlevel, and if you're lower you're starting to be underleveled.  It also helps to notice that this is when The Grind really starts to begin - if you try to level higher, you HAVE to spend time grinding.  Monsters just don't give the kinds of experience in TBS as in TLA, to say nothing of the absurd amounts you get in DD, where it's hard to NOT overlevel.

zman9000

o well I should have made it "what was your level beating the game your first time"

that would make more sense....

umm i messed up should i just close voting?
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Griever

Quoteo well I should have made it "what was your level beating the game your first time"
There is already a topic like that, if I'm not mistaken.

zman9000

I have seen runs of golden sun 2 no exp runs but i don't think they are real...

Awec

I. Am. A. Spoon.
Yes, a spoon that is awesome that is a Jupiter adept that is one of the Anemos that lives on the freaking moon.
What of it?

Charon

Hoopa

Average party level for me was 20. It was hard though...
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

Griever

WOW .... The first time i finished the game my level was 18-19 ><

zman9000

well me..... i did not even finnish GS 1 till after i got GS TLA and was all the way through Airs rock...

my first finnish of GS 1 was:
:Isaac: =56  :Garet: =54  :Ivan: =57  :Mia: =59

so yea i sucked BAD!

only thing i could not beat was the fusion dragon..
yet it is still my Favorite GS boss of all time.

Griever

You couldn't beat fusion dragon at level 56 (average party level)? you are joking ><

zman9000

No i am not, I sucked that bad.

And my most resent play through i beat deadbeard at level 15 and 16 and the final boss at 21.
which is my record.
And the only reason i did so was because i am doing a lets play of golden sun.

But back to my other point is it possible to do a no exp. run of GS1 and or GS TLA?

i will put a link to a vid. i found... but i think its fake.

(I mean come on Beat Dullahan with no exp.!!!!!!!!)

Blaspheme :!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuoIDloTDKE

Griever

WOW ...... really strange ... i mean we can beat that boss at level 15 ...

zman9000

Well i use to only use summons and djinn durring boss fights...

I was not very good at strategy...

but still to go through the game at level 5 the whole way!
that is just impossible...

Griever

Yah that guys is awesome lol i liked his strategy.

Well I did beat Doom Dragon with a Mage party >< yes all 4 where mages .... don't have a video since i have no idea how to record one.

leaf

@zman: It's impossible without using a code to stop your characters from gaining experience, but that's the only code needed to make it very possible.

Djinn -> summons -> repeat is an entirely valid strat against bosses - as long as you remember to heal when you need it.

@Griver: use vba recording, and upload the .vbm file

That reminds me... I never uploaded my "briggs is harder than dullahan" fight from erik's enemy rebalance hack. Pre-air's rock. It's horribly easy post-air's rock lol. It's just that before that, one or more characters can easily get one-rounded by oil drops, and you have no way to revive. Tbh, with the exception of the oil drops, it's precisely the difficulty I want to make bosses in the CH.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

zman9000

you sure??? I know that spamming bosses is a good idea but i was unsure of some of the damige taken and given in that fight.

plus How do you select the attacks that fast! (it was so fast that if you were to stop the vid at some points you could not even see what he was selecting)?

but i could be totally wrong, it just looked to good to be true.

I have been looking at that tape for like a week trying to find out if anything other then exp of enemy's was changed...

leaf

If you notice, he was much faster in the beginning half than the latter half. My best guess is that he used a save state immediately prior to starting the battle so he wouldn't have to repeat the part showing what all the stats of the characters are, and rerecorded over from that savestate every time he lost. He was very practiced in the first half of the battle, probably from repeating those actions several times. Summons deal damage based on the enemy's total HP, so the damage dealt is very reasonable (it's also why they're so effective against bosses). For damage taken, there were barrier djinn being used sometimes, which would greatly cut the damage taken from an attack.
[spoiler=quotes]
---
---
---
---
---
---

zman9000

Ok, just finished my second practice run of GS1 for my LP

level 19 all around

but i was at a higher level this time when i beat deadbeard

around level 17.

D2J

Aile~♥

GS1: 33-34.

GS2: 46-56. Yeah, people stopped gaining experience so evenly, because I had a thing against Mia, Piers and Felix when switching the party around. Jenna is my single highest-leveled character, because I practically ALWAYS had her in the party.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

D2J

-I Beat The Game Once With Felix Level 50 And Everyone Else Was 20-30

Hoopa

In Golden Sun TLA, I recall my first run through being around level 70ish. I was farming Dark Matter, which was also conveniently dropped by Wonder birds... By the time I fought Doom Dragon, he was a cinch to beat.
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

zman9000

on my very very first run through ( that got deleted before i finnished ) i had  :Isaac:  :Garet::Ivan: at level 35 before i even met Mia. ps: i grinded like crazy out side of the Mercury light house.

I don't remember why i did, but i did, lol.

besttp

This is my party when on my first finish of GS I
:Isaac: = 36  :Garet: = 36  :Ivan: = 35  :Mia: = 36

But I leveled up later and finish with a party of :
:Isaac: = 56  :Garet: = 55  :Ivan: = 56  :Mia: = 55

zman9000

that's good I guess for a first time. A LOT BETTER THEN MINE.

I'm planning on doing another 100% run and ending up with Lv. 16-17 being the area i finish at. I'm planning on recording it.

Luna_blade

After seeing this topic, I just had to link this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITza_WCpFP4
However TL plexa finishes the game somewhat higher than level 18 because of the experience gotten from Saturos & Menardi.

Now there is this new speed run:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9GGWszXDvo
But also ended around level 18...
"Hear the sounds and melodies
Of rilets flowing down
They're the verlasting songs
Whispering all the time
As a warning that behind some rocks
There's a rigid grap even
Oreads fear the tread"