Golden Sun Hacking Community
December 16, 2017, 08:36:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Poll
Question: What is your average level when beating golden sun 1 100% (deadbeard)?
12-16
17-26
27-34
35-40
41-50
51-99

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Average Level on Golden sun  (Read 13125 times)
Griever
Pyro Master

Don't play with FIRE !!!

Excellent Member

Coins: 0

I am: Enjoying the new Fate game.
Clan Position: High Enchanter

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2010, 10:14:09 PM »

Yah that guys is awesome lol i liked his strategy.

Well I did beat Doom Dragon with a Mage party >< yes all 4 where mages .... don't have a video since i have no idea how to record one.

View Profile
leaf
Potions class is starting
Venus Clan

Death Eater+Grass Snake = Snake Eater? SNAAAAAAAKE

Veteran Member

Coins: 10

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2010, 10:21:02 PM »

@zman: It's impossible without using a code to stop your characters from gaining experience, but that's the only code needed to make it very possible.

Djinn -> summons -> repeat is an entirely valid strat against bosses - as long as you remember to heal when you need it.

@Griver: use vba recording, and upload the .vbm file

That reminds me... I never uploaded my "briggs is harder than dullahan" fight from erik's enemy rebalance hack. Pre-air's rock. It's horribly easy post-air's rock lol. It's just that before that, one or more characters can easily get one-rounded by oil drops, and you have no way to revive. Tbh, with the exception of the oil drops, it's precisely the difficulty I want to make bosses in the CH.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 10:28:12 PM by leafgreen386 » Logged

Spoiler for quotes:
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O
View Profile
zman9000
Golden sun fan/Map Builder
Luna Clan

Lord Zed

Excellent Member

I am: A guy who just really likes golden sun

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2010, 10:31:59 PM »

you sure??? I know that spamming bosses is a good idea but i was unsure of some of the damige taken and given in that fight.

plus How do you select the attacks that fast! (it was so fast that if you were to stop the vid at some points you could not even see what he was selecting)?

but i could be totally wrong, it just looked to good to be true.

I have been looking at that tape for like a week trying to find out if anything other then exp of enemy's was changed...

Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx
View Profile
leaf
Potions class is starting
Venus Clan

Death Eater+Grass Snake = Snake Eater? SNAAAAAAAKE

Veteran Member

Coins: 10

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2010, 10:45:41 PM »

If you notice, he was much faster in the beginning half than the latter half. My best guess is that he used a save state immediately prior to starting the battle so he wouldn't have to repeat the part showing what all the stats of the characters are, and rerecorded over from that savestate every time he lost. He was very practiced in the first half of the battle, probably from repeating those actions several times. Summons deal damage based on the enemy's total HP, so the damage dealt is very reasonable (it's also why they're so effective against bosses). For damage taken, there were barrier djinn being used sometimes, which would greatly cut the damage taken from an attack.

Spoiler for quotes:
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O
View Profile
zman9000
Luna Clan

Lord Zed

Excellent Member

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2010, 10:52:12 PM »

Ok, just finished my second practice run of GS1 for my LP

level 19 all around

but i was at a higher level this time when i beat deadbeard

around level 17.

Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx
View Profile

-So...Why You Mad???

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2010, 11:01:44 PM »

-Average Is Lv. 35 On Both.

-Walk On Water Anyone???
View Profile
JamietheFlameUser
Diamond Pokémon
Mars Clan

Does this look like the face of mercy?

Prodigy

I am: Poke poke poke poke... I can't stop it...

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2010, 09:33:25 PM »

GS1: 33-34.

GS2: 46-56. Yeah, people stopped gaining experience so evenly, because I had a thing against Mia, Piers and Felix when switching the party around. Jenna is my single highest-leveled character, because I practically ALWAYS had her in the party.

:P

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

Spoiler for epic mindscrew:
View Profile

-So...Why You Mad???

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2010, 09:38:20 PM »

-I Beat The Game Once With Felix Level 50 And Everyone Else Was 20-30

-Walk On Water Anyone???
View Profile

Emblems: Second in Command of Jupiter
Clan Position: Jovian Head Adviser

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2010, 10:51:33 PM »

In Golden Sun TLA, I recall my first run through being around level 70ish. I was farming Dark Matter, which was also conveniently dropped by Wonder birds... By the time I fought Doom Dragon, he was a cinch to beat.

"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."
View Profile
zman9000
Luna Clan

Lord Zed

Excellent Member

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2010, 02:15:06 AM »

on my very very first run through ( that got deleted before i finnished ) i had  Isaac  GaretIvan at level 35 before i even met Mia. ps: i grinded like crazy out side of the Mercury light house.

I don't remember why i did, but i did, lol.

View Profile

Newbie---

I am: a... whatever you want is okay

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2011, 11:35:15 AM »

This is my party when on my first finish of GS I
 Isaac = 36  Garet = 36  Ivan = 35  Mia = 36

But I leveled up later and finish with a party of :
 Isaac = 56  Garet = 55  Ivan = 56  Mia = 55

Nothing here
View Profile
zman9000
Luna Clan

Lord Zed

Excellent Member

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2012, 03:50:12 PM »

that's good I guess for a first time. A LOT BETTER THEN MINE.

I'm planning on doing another 100% run and ending up with Lv. 16-17 being the area i finish at. I'm planning on recording it.

View Profile
Luna_blade
The last member of the Luna clan
Luna Clan

Great Member

I am: Timeless. As in, i don't have much free time.

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2014, 05:29:15 AM »

After seeing this topic, I just had to link this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITza_WCpFP4
However TL plexa finishes the game somewhat higher than level 18 because of the experience gotten from Saturos & Menardi.

Now there is this new speed run:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9GGWszXDvo
But also ended around level 18...

++++++++++[>+++++++>++++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>++.>+.+++++++..+++.>++.<<+++++++++++++++.>.+++.------.--------.>+.>.
View Profile
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
Today at 05:19:46 AM
Majora: Perfect. Thank you!
Today at 04:45:37 AM
Atrius: Also, you can put use [nobbc][/nobbc] to show bbcode without it being parsed.
Today at 04:22:03 AM
Atrius: The bbcode wasn't designed to handle "https://youtu.be/" links.  It should be fixed now.
Today at 01:06:01 AM
Majora: Read that sometimes SMF doesn't like YouTube's https links, seems to have the same issue with http as well
Today at 01:04:59 AM
Majora: Sorry lol, didn't realize it would embed the player into the chat. At least that works! tl;dr: embedded YouTube videos fail to appear in forum posts
Today at 01:04:07 AM
Majora: Just noticed this, not sure if it's already been mentioned but it looks like the forum is breaking embedded YouTube links in posts using BBCode [youtube][/youtube] tags
December 13, 2017, 09:19:38 PM
Fox: Okay, so that Summon Night games adds the fram number to the seed, before generating another seed via mul/add....  (GS1-GS3 never adds the fram number.) ... So um, that makes sense! ;  Summon Night:  ((seed + frame) * 0x343FD + 0x269E3C) >> 0x10 ; Which is also on the list here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_congruential_generator
December 12, 2017, 11:10:45 PM
Fox: Yes, and there could be contests. Maybe ones where 1st/2nd/3rd place get a cash reward, but eh. Dunno.... Kind of thinking about making a topic about how people got their job, and what was their experience. (e.g. Did they use references of people already working in the job, and various other things.)
December 09, 2017, 04:24:14 AM
Majora: Import old forum posts for reference, perhaps take posts containing important info like documentation away from the old stickied forum post model and make them into their own pages on a site with an in-built search bar. Might help with SEO, too. If nothing else, perhaps whipping them into PDFs and hosting them via Scribd? The possibilities are boundless when it comes to restructuring a site
December 09, 2017, 04:20:02 AM
Majora: Just a nice idea to have even if it doesn't come to fruition. Updating, modernizing, always a good idea. Could probably do something pretty nifty using a good Wordpress theme
December 09, 2017, 04:15:45 AM
Majora: Would be kind of neat to do something like that for GSHC. Could change it up a bit to show all tweets/instagram posts/facebook posts/golden sun subreddit posts all in one sidebar. It would be cool in that it gives the site it's on (and the topic in general) appear more lively and active, which is a plus
December 09, 2017, 04:14:19 AM
Majora: That does sound interesting. One cool thing I've seen some sites use is a sort of unique take on a sidebar option that acts like a social media integration (like, "See GSHC's latest Tweets"). It displays activity from a variety of related sites, such as Reddit, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
December 09, 2017, 12:58:53 AM
Fox: And the way it'd work via code is not that all users would instantly get nicknames the minute you register... but rather, the moment you view a name if it doesn't have a nickname, it gets one. (My Thoughts.)
December 09, 2017, 12:53:55 AM
Fox: (I was thinking that it would be "Name (Nickname)" ... The nickname is what you first known the user as, and you can change that yourself... and the Name is what the user wants to be called... Something like that.
December 09, 2017, 12:47:56 AM
Fox: So like... for starters, one idea I had was to make it so anyone can name anyone... much like how it works on Skype, and you (the namer) would be the only one to see it, and such...
December 09, 2017, 12:45:02 AM
Fox: Would need to be carefully thought out and tested, though.
December 09, 2017, 12:43:02 AM
Fox: I'm thinking I could make it so that name changes can happen whenever... (Without any limit)... Since I believe there's a way to do it with minimum confusion. (I think.) Hmm....
December 09, 2017, 12:31:36 AM
Fox: (I mean an offline version... at least initially.)
December 09, 2017, 12:25:01 AM
Fox: Now that I have thought about it a bit more, would I be right to assume that GSHC would be one of the most interesting websites to administrate, or no? It's sad to see not much going on with it. == I almost want to make a concept website at some point. :D Anyway, how is everyone doing today?
December 06, 2017, 12:12:59 AM
Fox: Like... Start using Github or something... Do like how many of those other projects such as Citra (WIP 3DS Emulator) does. Etc.

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise