News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Enemy Editor Boxes + Fractions

Started by zach, 24, February, 2009, 06:54:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zach

When you go to the enemy editor, you'll notice a box next to each move/psynergy and a fraction next to it (excluding Dullahan and a few others). i think i understand what happens when you check it. When you check the box, that move/psynergy may will not be used, or it has a low chance of being used. I came up with this theory from when i was fighting the "King Scorpion". I had all the boxes checked, and for the whole match he defended

EDIT: My theory was somewhat correct, but thanks to Role and TNS, we now know what it does. The checked box/move will most likely not be used. Instead of that, an item (if available) may be used in it's place. However, defend may be used instead also.  

This post has been edited by zach on Jun 10 2009, 01:06 PM

Atrius (He/Him)

What exactly the check boxes do is decided by the first unlabeled value on the enemy editor.  I'm not sure what the possible values are, or their exact effects yet though.  The fractions are decided by the second unlabeled value, and they're how often the move would normally be used.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

thenightsshadow

From what I can tell, the first box changes the AI of the checked areas.  If there are no items with a 0 or 1 (can't remember, probably 0), the person will defend instead of doing what's listed.  If it's 2, it'll do the move if the item will have no effect or if there are no more items.
Don't bug me too much.  After all, the 'shadow is always Sirius.

Matrim

i think that in the enemy editor the number following the check box is the base chance of the attack happening. e.g the djinn have numbers out of 256. i checked and if you add all the numbers next to the boxes you end up with 256.
I think the check boxes might change the values but the values seem there are the base values.

Edit: also the 4 unknown values under the move sets are consistent per group of enemies, ie dinox, dinox, dinosaurus (which isn't used).

This post has been edited by jdmj90 on Jun 9 2009, 09:19 PM

thenightsshadow

No, not true.
Checkmarks affect the items and AI associated with them.

Rolina

I think when you check that and they have an item, they use the item instead.  Don't quote me on that, though.

thenightsshadow

It's true, and if you have it set the AI to 0, if they have no more items, Defend is used instead of the move.

Salanewt

Okay, I have to learn what much of this information means. Which numbers affect which, etc. I have been practising with Fire Emblem action replay codes, but they are easier to understand. Especially the variations that I have made, anyway.

When I get my new computer, please expect more questions from me.

:MercurySet:
Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

It'll become REEEEEALY obvious when you get the new editor and start using it what we mean by these fractions and the AI value.

Salanewt

Okay, thanks. I should be able to use it next week, but the only thing that I do not like about getting a new computer (which I want really badly) is that I have to burn everything on my computer onto disc to save the memory.

Oh well.

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

Not true.  Most compies have two HDD slots.  Just remove your old HDD from the old computer and put it into the new one.

Salanewt

QuoteNot true. Most compies have two HDD slots. Just remove your old HDD from the old computer and put it into the new one.

Oh, thank you. I am not quite sure about where the HDD slots are though... Oh well.

EDIT: Since my excitement is almost driving me crazy, I decided to download it on my mom's computer, which I did a few days ago. It is pretty cool, and I was wondering... Does anybody know that the four digits are? I noticed that Saturos, Menardi, and Karst have the same numbers, but Agatio has different ones.

Also, I game an Emu Poseidon's numbers, so I will post elsewhere if this does anything.

Have a nice day.

This post has been edited by Salanewt on Jun 17 2009, 08:19 AM

Zach

Quote from: thenightsshadow on 10, June, 2009, 12:32:00 AMIt's true, and if you have it set the AI to 0, if they have no more items, Defend is used instead of the move.
You are correct, so I thank you for this tidbit of information, as I've been trying to get items to use weapons for a while now