News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Simurgh

Started by Charon, 17, January, 2011, 01:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charon

PHEW. I'm done with that... Took me long enough D:

Charon

Fairly large update - Page 001 redone, page 015-017 complete, page 018 sketch is up.

Charon

Pages 018-024 added.

Salanewt

Looks good so far Charon. I am almost curious about where he landed, as it doesn't look like he made it to Abelon. Still, I should take a look at those characters again.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Charon

Page 025 is up. It explains promptly that Julian has indeed landed in Abelon...

Salanewt

Hehe, does he dislike China or something? Nipon is basically most of Asia joined together though, right? One thing that you might want to fix, but I think you spelled "I'd" instead if "It'd" on your new page. Aside from that, I like how the characters have developed so far, and I also look forward to seeing more pages from you.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Charon

Thanks for the catch, that's a big reason why I post the pages.

It's a bit of a joke, in that some Japanese people hate to be lumped with the rest of Asia by westerners - and that this trait seems to contrast his normally nice and gentle personality xD. Actually, Nipon is its own continent because they're all floating and Japan is an island... I should have explained this earlier (Which is why I'm thinking about adding a Map Page) but China is a "State" of Wanuland.

Charon

Here's another update. This time, with about 8 pages added, as well as some conceptual sketches...

Salanewt

Looks nice so far Charon. I will take another look when the sketched pages are finished, but I like how it looks.

MaxiPower

sigh.... i wish i could draw like that XD

GRR

Charon

Well, I was busy today. Got pages 033-036 done for you to all see, and 037... is part of the big reveal!

Charon

Thought I'd put up the sketches if anyone's interested in how part Eagle ends. Also, there's some misc artwork I did for the comic.

Salanewt

Looks nice so far Charon.

[spoiler]Julian is a Simurgh? I would never have expected that, cool![/spoiler]

Atrius (He/Him)

That is a rather unexpected plot twist, though it's odd that Julian doesn't seem the least bit surprised about it.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Charon

He's kind of caught in the moment... later he's like "oh, wait..." lol, but page 038 makes an attempt at making Julian have the slightest realization of what's going on (maybe I should add text in the last panel...)

But good point. I still have 8 skeches that have been untouched, I  could probably make it a wee more obvious.

Sleipnir36

Sweet, exclusive Simurgh stuff :happy:

Is Simon now a Simurgh or is it just a dream?

Charon

I think you mean Julian He turns into a Simurgh temporarily. Remember - Simurghs are a race of people who can transform into phoenixes, it's assumed they can change back. (he will in Part Egret but I have to finish these pages).

[spoiler=spoiler in comic]Also, Kouki makes it painfully obvious that he's one as well on page 047, and he's a human. The whole thing will be explained in Part Egret.[/spoiler]

Griever

Nice twist ..... keep it going ^_^

Charon

Alright! The pages for the most part are cleaned up with a much better font. What do you all think?

Charon

I've finally completed Part Eagle. Whatcha all think?