News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

One-off Question Topic

Started by Charon, 04, March, 2009, 06:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salanewt

Not sure about a download source, but I could give you a couple steps for ripping them yourself if you'd like. Basically involves changing sound effects so the music mutes, and then changing them back for the pure effects without background audio.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Do7

Please and Thank you! It is most important that I receive these sounds effects. Particular that of Move, and Catch. I'm currently working on a huge project regarding GS and I need those sound effects!

Salanewt

Cool. Sorry for the late reply, been super busy lately.

The positive side is that this is really easy to do. Point-form should suffice.

You will need:
- Your audio recording tool of choice.
- VBA or comparable emulator.

Steps:
- Load GS2, preferably with a savestate that gives you access to the moves you want to rip.
- Open a memory viewing/editing tool.
- View in 16-bit, box near top of the window.
- Go to #080DD674 (type the address without the "#").
- Change the last two digits to "00". You should do what it takes to remember the old value.
- Use Move wherever you feel like; doesn't have to move anything.
  - This should mute the background music.
- Change the "00" back to what it was before. Although in this case I don't think it matters if you have Lift, since it shares this section of code and sound effect with Move.
- Use and record utilities as desired.

The nice thing about memory viewer is that none of the changes are permanent, meaning they will revert back to their usual values the next time you reload the game.

Hope this helps!
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?