News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Top Ten.... Various

Started by MaxiPower, 14, December, 2011, 06:53:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griever

Summon Nights: Sword Craft Story ohhhhh i forgot about this game ... it a super great game I bested both 1 and 2 .. and I think there is a 3rd one but still have not played it.

QuoteWell, I personally haven't played the first FE for GBA much, so my opinion may be biased. All I know is that Ephraim is my favourite Lord in the whole series.
I liked both FE for GBA ... but the first one was more challenging. Hector and Ephraim are cool ... yes Hector is a slowpoke but I liked him lol.

Tactics ogre instead of FE? ... I will have to disagree here ... Tactics ogre was a nice game but FE beats it anytime anywhere anyplace >_<

Rolina

So the early adopters got the GBA VC freebies.  I went and nabbed Minish Cap, Fire Emblem 8, Kirby's Amazing Mirror, Yoshi's Island, and Metroid Fusion.

Of all those, I played the one I liked the least, Metroid Fusion.  What is wrong with me?

MaxiPower

Quote from: Role on 18, December, 2011, 07:57:32 PM
So the early adopters got the GBA VC freebies.  I went and nabbed Minish Cap, Fire Emblem 8, Kirby's Amazing Mirror, Yoshi's Island, and Metroid Fusion.

Of all those, I played the one I liked the least, Metroid Fusion.  What is wrong with me?

Having just picked up yhe 3DS i hope these titles come eventually to the console via the VC along with some SNES games, why the VC is soooo weak is beyond me... guess its Nintendo being Nintendo again in terms of ensuring disapointment lol.

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

QuoteSummon Nights: Sword Craft Story ohhhhh i forgot about this game ... it a super great game I bested both 1 and 2 .. and I think there is a 3rd one but still have not played it.
And you never will. 3 was never released outside Japan, that's how it is.

Rolina

3 was AWESOME.  So much better than the first two!  I don't know what Atlus was thinking - it was easily the best game in that trilogy!

I really wish I knew what the hell was going on when I played it... alas, I don't speak Japanese, so all the comedy bits we know were in there were lost on me. T-T

@Maxi: Those games will be coming to VC, I'm certain of it.  The reason handheld VC is so weak is the same reason that PS Classics and Wii VC is weak - a mix of encoding issues and a mess of legal issues they have to deal with.  I'm fairly certain we'll get EXE, though, Capcom won't miss the opportunity to score there, I'm certain.  I just hope they remember to put out all the games, not just a couple.

Aile~♥

Speaking of VC, I need to get a Wii Points Card so I can get Kirby and the Crystal Shards.

The way I see it, the first Summon Night seems like a better game than the second.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Rolina

Second had a much better crafting system, and refined battle quite a bit.  Plus, the dungeon system was much better than using one "hub" dungeon.

Third game was freaking epic, though.  You can summon your summon for an attack like the old ones, sure... but you can also summon them to FIGHT.  As in, you control them.

I liked Rufeel.  Not the mage type I usually get, but I tend to use Fist weapons with my character, so Rufeel fit perfectly.

Kain

Fire Emblem is my top.  Not just because it's fun to play, but the content and re-playability (Damned Support conversations.) make it interesting.
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

zman9000

Golden sun is at the top for me because of 3 things.
1. it was my first game for the GBA and got a gba because i found out about the game.
2. was my Favorite game and maybe my Favorite of all time.
3. most played and replayed game for me.
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Shin Bokura no Taiyō: Gyakushū no Sabata was awesome. They brought the customizable guns back after Zoku Bokura no Taiyō: Taiyō Shōnen Jango, which had weapon forging and the ability to punch zombies back to death. Only released in Japan, though.

Shinigami

Generally...
I know that this was technically a GameCube game before but...

Resident Evil 4 for the Wii is AWESOME!
Seriously, you should play it.
Also, Metroid Prime Corruption is not bad...(I liked Echoes better though... they simplified the weapons in Corruption too much...)

Monster Hunter Tri is also cool and the controls are not as bad as people say they are... at least, I never had a problem with the sensitivity...

Saying that every Wii game sucks due to the controller is a bit... [][][]...
~
Although... Yay for minish cap!
Nintendo... Please... Bring back ribbon road...

Only seen "Wii" and "GBA" top 10 so far, might modify this message after seeing your other videos...
So nanoka~

Aile~♥

Haven't had a chance to play it yet, but Kirby's Return to Dreamland looks AMAZING. My sister got it for Christmas, courtesy of my good self of course, but our Wii is presently busted. (Hey, in my defence, my Wii broke AFTER I bought the game.) Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is awesome, from what I've played of it, and Skyward Sword seems pretty good too. (Except that the graphics look like something straight out of Final Fantasy 12, which is kinda offputting compared to the rest of the series. And Zelda's face makes her look too much like Penelo (I HATE PENELO), and Link's face is just plain ugly.)

Metroid: Other M would be good if you could use Missiles while moving. I can't get past that stupid bossfight with those two worm things, cause I always get shot when I go into first-person view, and I can't find my target quick enough to get a lock-on.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

zman9000

For Other M, when I learned how the game was going to work, i crossed it off my list of games I might one day get. it was a bad move I think. metroid Prime 3 was some what the same with me. metroid is good as a side scrolling battle platformer and its good as a NORMAL first person shooter. but as not only just an aim and shoot, but a 3rd person platformer aim and shooter... no... just no.

Metroid Prime one and two, were pretty good, and i don't care what anyone says, fusion wasn't like the other games and was kinda short, but it was an ok game and i liked it. i haven't played it but super Metroid looks good and everyone liked it.  i hate the first one, because i can never get past the first few areas, but i do play it from time to time so that says something.

when you have something like Metroid, sure you can try out other things and different types of games. even Metroid pinball makes some sense, and could be seen as a good time passer. but trying to make a game label into 100 different types of games... some where you will hit a wall and fall to hell.
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Misery

Play Super Metroid. It's the best Metroid. If there weren't so many other awesome games I'd even say it's the best game.

zman9000

I have to say the first Metroid is way to hard for me... but yeah, some day i plan on checking out super metroid.

another over used title is megaman. we all know the first few(even though they are all copy's of each other) were good. and the battle network thing was interesting up to the 4th one. the megaman zero was my Favorite. I've played the Sh*t out of zero 3 and I'm working on zero 4 now. but there's not to much more to expand on. I did enjoy starforce. but it looks like they ended it at 3.
and from what I know of both megaman time lines. starforce should have ended the net time line and megaman ZX should have ended the robot time line.

Mario is another one, for the most part, there is no plot line, you don't really learn more from one game to the next, and everygame has the exact same plot. doesn't matter if its Yoshi's island or Mario pinball. some one needs saving, and some big bady wants the person your trying to save...

WE NEED NEW Good classic style games!!!