News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

zman9000's Anime/Manga project. (Ideas welcome)

Started by zman9000, 11, February, 2011, 12:04:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolina

General gist =/= crazy detail.

Could you PLEASE read my posts?  No, seriously, it'd help a lot if people actually read them, I stated it very bluntly this time that all that's needed is when some new tech/magic thing is introduced that you can't expect the readers to instantly know what it is, you need to explain the gist of what it is.  After that, it's expected knowledge and no more detail needs to be explained.

Salanewt

Come on you two, please stop fighting. In the end, a minimal amount of detail with clarity is advised. In my opinion, zman only needs to briefly explain a small fraction of why to help us understand a bit more of what he is introducing. New powers are a good, understandable addition, but zman tiered the powers in a way that a minimal amount of detail might be appreciated if it is not needed.

Still, Atrius is correct in his statement. Not much detail is not important, and would be extremely boring if excessive. I guess in the end, the amount of detail will help shape the audience that zman earns.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

Geez, what's with this?  I didn't even try to derail the thread.  Just a "the way you're saying things, it sounds like you're assuming the audience will get everything.  Don't forget that some things need quick explanations so the audience gets it", and it just went WAY off from there!  I don't even know anymore... I try to give advice, and it turns into an argument war... T-T

Kain

Basically you and Sala said the same thing without saying the same thing.  Small amounts of explaining that just give the readers an idea of what's going on and don't derive from the plot or entertainment.

Honestly, you're all arguing for no reason.  -sighs-
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

zman9000

there will need to be some explanation at some point just not at first.

If this story had a slogan it would be: Conspiracies are Real

The story will have the main powers, magic, robots, and will explore differen't conspiracies we know of.
but for most of the story it will revolve around the main powers... which don't have a name to refer to them as....

If you come up with a name for the powers post them here.

And Role I have been taking everything you have said seriously.
And I have to admit that the way you say things can be of great insight and help at times.
Because of you I have slowed this whole thing down and am putting more work into it.
so thanks.
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Rolina

I'm not saying you weren't.

Come on, guys, I'm actually NOT ATTACKING ZMAN HERE.  Just a few pointers so that if this comes to fruition that it'd probably help to keep in mind.

Atrius (He/Him)

The only reason I commented on it was because they started discussing how the powers should be able to affect matter on a molecular level.

Anyway, the "government" that watches over the civilizations inside the Dyson Spheres could probably use some more thought.  Is made up from a civilization of humans living outside the spheres, or some kind of AI humanity set up to watch over them before enclosing themselves inside?  Also, 6600 of them, that seems a bit much doesn't it?  I mean the total human population in the universe was supposedly not even enough to populate 2.  The whole concept of humanity enclosing themselves in these spheres only really works if they're desperately trying to avoid extinction to the point that it doesn't matter any more that they're isolating themselves from the rest of the universe.  Not to mention that if there is a civilization of humans outside the spheres that's survived and grown for 20000 years you would expect there to be factions questioning the decision enough to try to undo it.  You could argue that the majority view it just as a way to preserve their species, but what of the escapees from the other spheres?
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

zman9000

@Atrius: I know what your saying and I am working on that.
the problems:
for an ai to control it there really wouldn't be a plot then.
1. there would be no escape.
2. IF there WAS an escape set up, those who have escaped would try to free the rest.
3. anain there would be no plot because there would not be anything to fight.
4. a croupt ai would work execpt for some of the other important details like ( Human civilation had advanced so far they couldn't advance any more...) a roge ai is not a problem.

next the reason it SO DANG FAR into the future is because of some simple math and the fact that in the story I want some room to at and change sutff.

EDIT: now that i look back the math is very complacated!!!

'Warning' this is a very long explation and answer to Atrius's post.
[spoiler]ok so the entire earth's population aftre the war was around 300,000,000.
Now add the about 500 years they took to build the first few Spheres. the pop. now about 500,000,000.
Next this is up for debate as I have no clue the pop. durring the year 1AD so i will say around 5,000,000 to be safe.
Now lets say 100,000,000 stays out to build more then we have (400 million / 5 million = 80 )
So for the forst 3000 years of the project we have 80 spheres.
At the end of that 3000 years we have 10,000,000,000 people in each.  ut insted of killing them all just make more spheres.
so (10 billion / 5 million * 80 = 160000) We have a possible 160 thousand spheres.

But then how many stars have enuff matter around them to make a solar system.
many stars are just stars. but you can't just pull matter out of thin air.
you would just have to take the matter and energy from another star.
also note that in the war many solar systems and stars were destroyed.

also aliens arn't dead, we nearly wiped them out and foved them to a few distant planets...
and add in the power need to recreat an whole solar system you would to drain stars of all their energy many times over.

In the end, taking all the matter and energy in the milky way you get 6600 dyson spheres, 200 human government populated planets, and about 150 alien populated planets.( and the orignal earth inside a black hole in a time warped pocket of space dew to war.)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
The poeple out side are trained as actors and soliders.
actors for a live time job as an important person in history.
and soliders to keep the aliens in line, protect the spheres, and keep the freed earths in line.
With only one word to tell you what is right and wrong with no dissagreements, the people out side don't expaned, and only live as humble (zoo keepers) in the nature prserve that is the milky way

The human race is close to total control of every thing and if set free under the wrong person could destroy them self's and all other life in the universe.

If this sounds crazy then think of it another way.
story of Halo
[spoiler]
In the game Halo which does have a story to it, tells of a race in love with live it's self.
and they wanted to protect all life.
but then a threat in a form of new live threatened all live in the universe.
To save live else where in the universe they made a device that would destroy all live in their galaxy.
then they turned it on and all live died.
then who knows how long later live had startde over and if not for a race of extreamests all life in the universe would have been fine forever.[/spoiler]

now the reason i have it spisificly have the number 6600 ( - the 7 that escaped) is becaise they didn't start every sphere at the same time, they started one up every year.

This was mainly done so that when the hero's leave their earth and go to try and free others. it will be in different times.

ether the past or the future, once i finnish the main first part this will open up alot more possibilitys for the story.
For some i will have to study history and others I will make up (after some research).
This story will have goasts, robots, magic, the past, present, the future, and conspiracy theories from all different points it history.

But for now I am just working on the first part of the story. The main characters finding their powers and the truth.[/spoiler]
And if you read through all that and under stood it, then you get a cookie.

And as long as this story seems I do have an ending planned.
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

zman9000

Update:
almost finnished first draft of powers chart.
names for non-main characters decided.
done second draft for first chapter (may change)

zman9000

Final Update: finally have a rough draft for this story and thanks to the comments and advice I think I can change the story enough that its not too extreme as has been pointed out... a lot.

the story will be dialed back a bit. removing that whole space captive thing. the basis for the start will be the same, alien girl crash lands, guy finds her. hides her. common anime story line. from there it will slowly take a turn to more of a battle story with more and more people getting powers over the world.

Keeping names for characters for now. some minor editing will be done to existing story. moving from us to japan will be removed, will be set in japan, just moving from a city to smaller town.

Also thanks to Role, Atrius, Kain, and charon for letting me know what you thought, even if it was kinda negative. it helped, and after A LOT of time thinking about it, I can see why you thought that way. still unsure on who i should write out the story in a manor that will be interesting to read. but I will work that out once i have the whole plot filled out.

Final note: I will be also starting another story as more of practis writing. that one will take comments on the writing style.
And with this, I request to have this topic locked for now, at least until I feel I'm ready to start on this story again.

THANKS!