News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

zman9000's Anime/Manga project. (Ideas welcome)

Started by zman9000, 11, February, 2011, 12:04:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charon

Quotethe town is a town only for americans as is the school.

=-=

um... I'm gonna let you go on, but you do... realize how unbelievably unrealistic this is?... You never get whole towns where rich Americans live in other wealthy nations... not really even in so-so nations... >_>

Quotethe reason, its for wealthy americans in business that moved to Japan. and if that said person brought their kid to japan, to make it easyer on the kid would to make a little peice of the U.S. over there.
also if this seams just a little weird, all the better as this has something to do with the plot.

Again, that's a really awkward reason. Like, there's an area in Hiroshima that Ford actually owns where foreigners live on business trips, but its like... a block. Maybe two or three. lol. It's also generally not a good idea to have really unrealistic things explained by a plot element; the setting should compliment the plot, not be completely influenced by it... unless said setting is destroyed or drastically changed by some plot event, i.e. Godzilla movies...

Quotethink of a small slighty rich town surrounding a school in America.
now move that town as is with all the people to Japan.

Only thing I really need to research at this point is a good place to put this fictional in japan.

I doubt this place would exist in Japan, really. The Japanese aren't gonna just give up a good amount of area so a bunch of rich fat Americans can squat around like nobody's business. So unless in the near future you predict Japan going through some extreme major crisis that literally turns their entire country to the shitter (and not even God's lovely gift of Earthquake/Tsunami/Nuclear issues are anything of that scale) it's kind of a silly start. Preferably you should have a situation where a company has a lot where they have several company-owned buildings, and the friends live in the apartments near eachother, and instead of being a status symbol, they're there on a more modest business-oriented agenda.

zman9000

(comment removed)
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Charon

... wait... why would you make a thread asking for people for ideas if you don't trust them?... isn't that slightly... counterproductive? :/

zman9000

(comment removed)
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Salanewt

She has a point though. You started a topic for it, which makes sense. Within this topic, you asked for ideas and advice; which is also understandable. However, you turn around and say that you are not going to give us much information, but you still want ideas. We need enough information to be able to offer good ideas, which is why it can be considered counterproductive if you only ask for ideas. It would be like asking for names for a product that could be anything from a bottle of wine to an electronic gadget. Also...

Quotebasicly all i can say is its a evil government and the town has a role in it...
and the kids gain powers by (*****)(****)(****) and they slowly learn about the government and (*****'s) past and about the powers. then they try to save the earth and fail.
then they leave earth to go to (*****) and try to help out (*****) while getting stronger. they meet up with (****). but then they turn on the heros but......

I recall you saying that you were not going to give much information, but this is still pretty much a short synopsis of your story. If you only remove the important points when you post it, wouldn't others be able to take it anyway and fill in the blanks with whatever they want?

Anyway, good luck on your project! You will let us know how it turns out, right?

Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

zman9000

hmm..... Salanewt thanks...

I guess i need to take a look at the story again...
And think about how to do this... on here..

I start college up again this Monday so I won't be on here to comment.

But please keep posting names for the characters, and if you come with any club names thats good to.

Sorry if I offended anyone.

Rolina

Keep in mind, the evil government plot is kind of cliched, it may be best to try and avoid both that and the evil organization plot.  Both have been used to hell, and people are kinda starting to get tired of them, y'know?

zman9000

Well They arn't exactly evil... looking at what they are doing with out looking at the past would make anyone think they are evil.

but in the story the entire population of the human race in the start of the government agreed to do the thing that the government is doing.
and by doing so saved the human race.

more story spoilers.
but now 20000 years later this government is croupt and wants complete control.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

also if anyone has any good orignal catch phrases post them here.

I was thinking of giving a character a catch phrase to use at ether a bad time or a good time. (and won't be over used like "beleve it" in the english dub of naruto)

Joke example idea: The hell with a side of crackers!

goldensunmaster97

wow this sounds really cool wow 20000 years in the future in japan

i wish i lived in japan it sounds really cool but it looks kinda weird
jenna is my faverite charactor ever

Griever

Nice story so far ... but all the unknown make it hard to read ...... maybe use temp names and replace them later?

zman9000

@DarkGriever: yeah thats what I am trying to work on now...

the thing is this is unlike any other story ever made (ether anime or not)

Spoiler might make you think I am crazy...
[spoiler]Lets just say people think its the year 2012AD but it is really the year 30129AD.

I have 3 pages of math problems and other stuff to find out what year to put this at and how it interacts with its own history
(which changes from real life at the year 2999, since every thing before that doesn't matter (so far))

the story is some what complicated but to learn the main plot completely would take 24 episodes and would be season one.
(I mean for the main characters to find out)

It may seem weird but I am putting a lot of work into this and am at about page 20 of solid text for the story and plot history.

I also left in the possibility to have an anime project in the past as another story that interacts with the future and shows how the main story came to be.

I tend to over think things but with this I could make 3 different anime stories in the same "Anime Universe".[/spoiler]

So basically I am planning this for the possibility that in the future this becomes a popular manga or even a novel that I would have a ton to work with.

Rolina

...Let me get this straight... This takes place 20,000 years in the past future... in Japan...

You do know that there is no way in hell ANY modern country will be around that long, right?

Edit: I HATE mobile browsing... >_>  Don't even notice my errors...

Charon

For your information, most of the longest existing nations have only been around for maybe around 1000-1500 years. We're in a more stable environment now and I don't think Japan would be one of the nations to fall or merge with another nation, but 20,000 years is such a long span of time that anything's possible. I mean, in my own work Simurgh, most nations became one nation and the continents were just one nation... about 700 years into the future. Even Japan was reworked because about 99.956% of the population was killed off in the disaster  (the population is about 300,000,000 on that tiny little island in the 28th century, major food source is destroyed, cities are locked down... you can see where this is going) - and then, 800 years later, the country of "Nipon" has a lot of differences than the Japan that is notable today. All the other countries are different too. Even today Japan is a lot different than it was 100 years ago - it annoys me when people automatically think Japan would be the perfect place to set an event in the very distant future, and that it would be exactly the same as today...

If Japan DOES exist in 20,000 years, it wouldn't be anything like it is now. They probably would speak an entirely different language completely, with a different set of ideals, different culture, different layout, ect... culture does kind of evolve after a while... When working with future events, you need to take a lot of time to construct how that place has evolved and changed. Doing it over 1500 years isn't too bad to work with (then again I'm doing the whole world's history, not just Japan's) but 20,000 years, to make it really believable, you're gonna have a crapload of work set up for you.

Anyways, going back, you could EASILY set this plot in present day, or even 20-30 years in the future. As I said earlier, your 3 American characters could live in a company-owned apartment and your Japanese character could live nearby. Really, its not that weird - that's how we and a few other families lived in Japan, after all. Then, you could easily construct some crazy-@#$ becoming Prime Minister who overrules a lot of the previous law after finding a loophole to let him do whatever the hell he wants. I don't see why you have to set this 20,000 years in the future when you can easily do it in 5-30 years in the future.

zman9000

I love your guys reaction to what I said!

Now I can give your reaction to the characters in my story. hehe.

But anyway the reason it sounds weird is because I left out the detail that is most important to the story. which I can't tell you yet...

The story would not be possible if not for an idea by Freeman Dyson in the 1950s.

Also the story needs to be that far in the future because the government has to have advanced technology advanced enuff to destroy an entire solar system in a blink of an eye.
and there needs to be peroids of around 2000 to 3000 years of peace after the real year 3000AD.

Rolina

...zman, now it's just getting kinda stupid.  Solar system destroying stuff?  REALLY?  So, where exactly did they test this stuff, hmm?  Oh, and again, fat chance of having any modern country last to the year 3K.

Mastermind

If you need something along those lines, just invent some revolutionary new substance (or just use the old standby, antimatter) that has nigh unlimited destructive potential and make one nation (the one that discovered the stuff) use this power to make 'peace' through intimidation.

As for Dyson, I assume you're talking about his participation to the Orion Project. Did you know that he also supported the treaty that made nuclear pulse propulsion illegal to test? Just a fun factoid for anyone who cares.

Putting those two ideas together, I take it you're thinking of including a method of space travel powered by explosions powerful enough to destroy a solar system. Or are you going to try for time travel? At that level of power, I doubt the space-time continuum would stand much of a chance (unless you're in the Dragon Ball Z universe)...it would make black holes every time you wanted to go somewhere...and that's not even looking at the damage you'd have to do just to move through space...or how any ship could survive the blast. You should be sure to address those points in the story.

QuoteIt may seem weird but I am putting a lot of work into this and am at about page 20 of solid text for the story and plot history.
It's not weird to be prepared. I have about 50 or 60  pages of background notes for an idea for a novel I want to do, and my friend has more than 12 entire notebooks dedicated to his 'ultimate short story cycle'.

Charon

I am seriously thinking you're coming up with this to make up for the fact that you don't really have a deep plot. You don't need a solar system destroying mechanism or 20,000 years in the future to make a decent "evil-government" plot. I mean, hellooo, look at Hitler, he did completely evil things (killing 12 million people in like 5 years, you know), and that was 70 years ago. Blowing it to that kind of proportion is just going to make it sound more unbelievable. Now, will you take a good listen to me for once and realize that a good "evil-government" plot can easily be constructed (and be more realistic, thus more frightening) in a time period from now to maybe 30 years in the future? Really.

zman9000

In the history story line I made all countrys become just two countrys at the year 3010AD and then become 1 nation at 3095AD...

And the history I have set up is very detailed.

My advice to you who want to know the plot, just relax and wait. I am writing something up so I can get copy rights to this story.

Rolina

Yeah... that in itself is extremely unrealistic.

Kain

No offense zman, but so far this is sounding like a glorified, plot hole ridden, unbelievable, so cliche it hurts, fanfic.  I'd throw in Mary Sue but I don't know if that term can be applied to technology.

I would really love to hear the history and explanation for it all though so I'll wait for when you release that bit of info.
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!