News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

zman9000's Anime/Manga project. (Ideas welcome)

Started by zman9000, 11, February, 2011, 12:04:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zman9000

Edit: The story will be called "Triple Threat"
So basicly I felt like making an anime/manga type of story. so far all i have is the intro to the story.
(but it's kind of long).
EDIT: also you don't have to read the story, just some help with names and the other stuff listed below.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And what i need advice on is:

character names
name of a U.S. State (for the main character to be from)
and advice for anything in Parenthesis.
and a club name for [unknown 3's] club.
and any thing else you think could use work.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
here is a list of characters:

[Unknown] He is the main character. He is kind of quiet and has no freinds at the start. he's 16 and in 10th grade.
He can be funny at times and is sorta week. and he will put up with just about anything.

[Jenna Matthews] she moved with (Unknown) to Japan. and almost always sits next to him in school. she has never talked to him before and vice versa. she is some what crazy about Anime and manga. she is also loud but very smart.

[Unknown 3] He is the tough but cool type of guy. He hates bullies and has has a club (which needs to be named)

[Unknown 4] she has not appered yet. she is an (no spoilers) with (no spoilers) she has lost her memory because of the (no spoilers). she is kind and has (no spoilers).

[Unknown's mom and dad] They will be called by what ever (unknoens's) last name is.

[Unknown school kid 1] is a nerd and very week. think sterio type nerd. he is also in (Unknown 3's) club.

[Unknown school kid 2] He is the clasic top school bullie. is some what afraid od (Unknown 3). and he has it out for (Unknown).

[Unknown school kid 3] I am not sure what she will be like yet but it will be a girl.

[Teacher 1] She is the kind of teacher that likes her students and will help them with any problem they night have.

These are all the charactors i have planned so far.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And here is the intro story:
[spoiler]
Intro to story
[Main character narrating]   Hi, I'm (unknown). And I'm just a normal school kid in the 21st century. Or at least that's what I thought the day I moved to japan. But that night something crazy happened! But, I think I am getting a head of myself, I guess I should start back at the beginning, before I left the U.S.. It all started when my dad got a job offer in japan, one that would change everyone's life forever!
[Unknown's mom]    Are you going to sleep all day, get up now!!!
[Unknown]         five more minutes, please!
[Unknown's mom]   OK, but you won't get the surprise we have for you. Come down to the living room now if you want it!
*Door slams*
[Unknown]   ....... ...... uggg. .... Fine.
*gets out of bed and goes down stairs*
[Unknown]   OK now what's this surp...
[Unknown's mom and dad)   Surprise!!!!!!
[Unknown]   What's all this? Why is everything packed up?
[Unknown's mom]   your father and I have some good news!
[Unknown's dad]   that's right, go pack your things, were moving to japan!!!
[Unknown]   WWWHHHAAATTT!!!!!!!!!
[main character narrating]   I feel I should explain why, out of the blue I have to move to the other side of the planet. It all started when my dad got a call from some big business owner in japan. He said that he liked my dad's work and asked to the vice president. And as most in my position I just had to ask.
[unknown]   this is some sort of joke right!?
[main character narrating]   but from the way my parents looked at me I knew that it was the truth. And it seemed that we would have to move right away if he wanted the job. And I couldn't complain, my family needs the job. We haven't been able to keep up with the bills and the power has been shut off twice. And it's not like I have any friends at school. So why was I so nervous? And that's when it hit me.
[Unknown]   Wait! I don't speak Japanese!
[main character narrating]   how could I possibly go to school in a country that doesn't speak the same language!
[Unknown's dad]   O don't worry about that, we have you enrolled in a special American school over there. You'll be with others dealing with the same things as you. And I almost forgot, one of your friends from school will be moving with us to. I think her name is (unknown 2).
[Unknown]   who?
[Main character narrating]   That's right I had no clue who (unknown 2) was. I may have talked to her at some point in time, but I didn't have any real friends at school. But now at least I wouldn't be alone.
[Unknown]   so when are we leaving?
[Unknown's mom]   Noon!
[Unknown]   WHAT!
[Main character narrating]   And so began a sequence of events that would lead me to the truth about the world around me, and a secret kept from us all for thousands of years. The secret of the Human race!
------------------------------------------------------
[Main character narrating]    The known date is 10/26/2009. The current leader of the United States is Obama. And the current leader of japan is (insert here). I am flying in a private plane to my new home in, Japan. As I look out the window of the plane which was sent to pick us up and take us to Japan, I can't help but think something is wrong. Is it possible for a billion dollar company, out of nowhere, to hire a poor American business man so suddenly, and make him the vice president of that company? And to have us move at a drop of a hat? I thought "there just has to be a hidden camera around here somewhere".
[Plane inter com]   "DING DONG" This is your plot speaking! We will be landing in Tokyo airport shortly. Please fasten your seat belt and put your food trays in up and locked position. Thank You!
[Unknown]   So, we'll be living in Tokyo?
[Unknown's dad]   Nope, you will be living in a small town in northern Japan with your mother while I will be here working.
[Unknown]   What? So I won't see you for a while? And it will just be me and mom?
[Unknown's mom]   Well... I also got a job and won't be home till very late. You'll be ok won't you?
[Unknown]   Umm, yea I'll be fine, don't worry...
[Unknown's dad]   Well that's good to hear. O, and I almost forgot, (unknown 2) will be living right next door to you so if you need anything you can ask her.
[Main character narrating]   And so I found myself in a position I did not think could happen. But I later found out that this type of thing was quite common in Japan. The next day we finally made it to my new home. And to my surprise it looked a lot like the towns in America. And that's when I ran into (unknown 2). To my surprise she sat next to me in almost every class I had and in high school yet I forgot all about her!
[Unknown 2]   Hey (unknown) how you've been?  What do you think of Japan? How do I look? Read any good manga lately? Did you see that episode of bla bla bla?
[Main character narrating]   And that's when it hit me. She is the girl in the back of class that would always answer the teacher's questions, but still get in trouble for drawing anime characters during class. And I learned that she was more excited about being here then my dad.
[Unknown 2]   I am so excited! I am actually in Japan! The land of the golden sun. Where all my favorite manga and anime is made!
[Main character narrating]   Really excited!
[Unknown]   So have you been to school yet?
[Unknown 2]   yep I got here yesterday so I had school today.
[Unknown]   What! How'd you get here so fast?
[Unknown 2]   Well the night your dad got the call he called my mom up at the same time because she is your dad's secretary, and she got excited and got our stuff all packed up and moved out that night!
[Unknown]   O I didn't know your mom worked for my dad?
[Unknown 2]   What? Doesn't your dad work at home? Your house has two rooms set out as offices! How could you not know?
[Unknown]   Wait what? There were two rooms?
[Unknown 2]   (Wow fail much!!! Hasn't he ever wondered what was in the office??!)
[Unknown]   Well I never had a reason to go in so I just stayed out of the way.
[Unknown 2]   (Now that I think about it he never really talked to me in class. And I have never seen him with any friends....)
*Unknown 2 stares at Unknown*
[Unknown]    Hmm... what is it?
[Unknown 2]   Oh, umm... nothing. I'll see you tomorrow!
[Unknown]   Tomorrow?
[Unknown 2]   At school silly! I'll see you at school! Bye!
[Main character narrating]   I didn't realize it at the time but I had just made my first friend.
--------------------------------------------------------
[Main character narrating]   Hi, my name is (Unknown). I'm 16 and in 10th grade. Today is my first day in school here in Japan. It's an American school for American kids who suddenly had to move to Japan. But I'm still asleep and would have been late if not for.
*unknown 2 hops on unknown's bed*
[Unknown 2]   GOOOOD MORNING!!!!!!!
[Unknown]   WAAAAAA!!!!!!!! Ugg, I'm so tired.
[Unknown 2]   Wake up sleepy head!
[Unknown]   Need sleep. Jet lag sucks.
*unknown 2 pulls unknown off his bead with the sheets*
[Unknown 2]   Get up now! I'm not going to wait for you all day. Do you want to be late for your first day, do you?
[Unknown]   OK I'm up, I'm up! But why did you come and get me???
[Unknown 2]   OK, which way is the school smarty pants!?
[Unknown]   ...
[Unknown 2]    *Grins*
[Unknown]   Touché.
[Unknown 2]   So then I'll go wait for you down stairs, so hurry up and get dressed.
*some time later*
[Unknown]   OK I'm ready.
[Unknown 2]   Alright then, let's go!
[Unknown's mom]   O, good morning (Unknown 2). Did you come to get (Unknown).
[Unknown 2]   Yep, and were leaving right now.
[Unknown's mom]   well you two love birds have fun now.
[Unknown]   Love birds?! MOM that's embarrassing!!!
[Unknown 2]   love birds? ..... HAHAHAHA!
[Unknown's mom]   Honey? Did you think I was serious?
[Unknown]   Well... umm...
[Unknown 2]   HAHA. You're a riot! Well we better go or we'll be late.
[Unknown's mom]   yes, you better hurry you don't want to be late on your first day.
[Main character narrating]   On the walk to school I couldn't think of anything to talk about. I was still embarrassed about what my mom said before we left the house. Luckily for me (Unknown 2) asked a question that got it off my mind.
[Unknown 2]   O, have you ever seen my manga drawings?
[Unknown]   No I don't think I have.
[Unknown 2]   O, ... well I could show you after school!?
[Unknown]   Sure I'd like that.
[Unknown 2]   Well, were here. They told me to send you to the main office on the second floor so don't be late!
[Unknown]   OK. I guess I'll see in class or after school. Well, Later.
*once inside the school*
[Unknown]   So second floor, now where is the office?
[Unknown school kid 1]   NO! Leave me alone! I don't want a swirly!
[Unknown]   Huh??? What's going on???
[Unknown school kid 1]   GET OUT OF THE WAY!!!
*(Unknown) almost gets hit by (Unknown school kid 1)*
[Unknown]   Woa! Who's he running fro...
[Unknown school kid 2]   Get back here you!
[Unknown]   Hey look out you're going to run int...
*(Unknown school kid 2) slams into (Unknown)*
[Unknown school kid 2]   Gaaaa! What did I hit?? Hey who are you??
[Unknown]   O, sorry I'm new.
[Unknown school kid 2]   Hmm? New blood huh? Sounds good. You better watch your back because you just made a big mistake by letting my pray get away.
[Unknown]   New blood, pray! (O great, why did this have to happen on my first day.)
[Unknown school kid 2]   What do you have to say for yourself huh? How are you going to make up for this huh?
[Unknown]   I-I-I-I I'm sorry!
[Unknown school kid 2]   Sorry isn't good enough pal, its hurting time!
*(Unknown school kid 2) gets kicked in the head by (Unknown 3)*
[Unknown school kid 2]   Gaaa!
[Unknown 3]   (Unknown school kid 2), picking on the new kid before he even gets to his first class? That's low even for you!
[Unknown school kid 2]   (Unknown 3)! Not you again!
[Unknown 3]   you should leave before I get mad.
[Unknown school kid 2]   Grrr! Hey kid what's your name!?
[Unknown]   (Unknown).
[Unknown school kid 2]   I'll remember this (Unknown) and you to (Unknown 3).
[Unknown 3]   Yea yea! Just get out of here already!
[Unknown]   Thanks for your help! Umm where is the office!
[Unknown 3]   Hmm? The office? It's down the hall to the left and it should be the 5th door down. O and if you need help with any other bullies just let me know. I'll be in room 202 most of the time.
[Unknown]   O, ok Thanks. O crap I'm going to be late!
*after going to the office*   
[Unknown]         Ok let's see, all my classes will be in, Waa! Room 202!
[Main character narrating]   This is about when I think to myself, "Why does my life feel like an anime today?" Little did I know but it was about to get even weirder!
*In room 202*   
[Teacher 1]   Today class we will be inviting another new student!
[Class]   What another one. I wander who it could be?
[Unknown 2]   O? looks like we will have the same class after all.
[Unknown school kid 1]   (O no! (Unknown school kid 2) has that look in his eyes again!)
[Unknown school kid 2]   Looks like finding him again won't be a problem, he he.
[Unknown 3]   (Hmm? must be him again.)
[Teacher 1]   So I would like you all to welcome (Unknown)! He's from (insert state here) and is in 10th grade!
[Unknown]   Umm... hi. (looks like (Unknown 2) and (Unknown 3) will be in the same class as me. But it looks like (Unknown school kid 2) is also here.)
[Teacher 1]   Ok then. There are two empty seats. One is by (Unknown school kid 2).
[Unknown]   (O crap!)
[Teacher 1]   And the other is next to our other new student (Unknown 2) you can pick whichever one you want.
[Unknown]   Umm, ok. (SAVED!!!!!!)
[Unknown 2]   Hi (Unknown)! Looks like you'll be sitting next to me just like back in (Insert state here)! That's funny don't you think.
[Unknown]   Yea. ("Why does my life feel like an Anime today?")
[Unknown 2]   Did you just say anime?
[Unknown]   Nope. (O yea, it's her fault)
*later toward the end of class*
[Teacher 1]   And now, the leader of the (insert club name here) club would like to make an announcement.
[Unknown]   The (insert club name here) club?
[Unknown 3]   Hi every one. I have decided on a date for the boys camping trip. It will take place in 5 days on Saturday. Since we have so few members we would like to know if anyone else would like to tag along?
[Unknown school kid 2]   How about me!
[Unknown 3]   Umm let me think, NO!
[Unknown school kid 2]   Grrr! Stupid (Unknown 3).
[Unknown 3]   Anyone else?
[Unknown]   (I don't like this. (Unknown school kid 2) is giving me a bad look! If I don't go he will most likely beat me up while (Unknown 3) isn't around. Looks like I have no choice.)
[Main character narrating]   Little did I know that my next answer would change the universe forever!
[Unknown 3]   No one? Well I guess then...
[Unknown]   I'LL GO!!
End of intro to story

[/spoiler]

This is the history of the world. (This is still underconstruction, Dates will be tweeked after reaserch is finnished. Thank You)
[spoiler]
In the future, the universe will need heroes. The year is 30129 AD, and the universe is in its most peaceful period ever. But the why then does this universe need heroes? It's because not everything is as it seems. In this age there is what you could call a "completely corrupt government". This government oversees around 39,600,000,000,000 human beings, but the people are unaware of this fact. And every 2 ½ years around 10 billion of them are killed. Now you may think to yourself, "that's not so bad considering how many people there are and over a period of 2 1/2 years, that sounds like a very low death rate to me". Well, what if I told you that those deaths every 2 ½ years happened all at once. That they were completely wiped out and were held captive their whole life. And what if I said that those 39,600,000,000,000 still think it's before the year 3000. But to understand how things could get this bad you would have to look back in time to the real year 2012.

The Mayans predicted that the world would end on December 21, 2012 at 11:56am. But nothing happened on that day. In fact, the biggest thing to happen that year was before that date. It was a "CME",

Also known as a "Coronal Mass Ejection" (EXPLAIN WHAT A "CME" IS).  Movies had said if one were to hit the earth dead on, it would wipe out all life on earth, but that's not what happened. It had hit earth but nothing happened. It was a "CME" unlike any other because, It didn't even knock out any electricity anywhere on earth. But the earth was not left completely unchanged. Over many years humans slowly got stronger. In the year 2012, the maximum weight a human could lift due to muscle size and bone strength was 2000 pounds, but by the year 2950 human strength increased to lift over 2500 pounds. That was not the only change, over the years children were born with strange colored hair. Some kids would be born with pink or blue hair, but that would soon fade to a normal color. In the year 2999 on New Year's Eve there was an act of terrorism that changed the world forever. The terrorists exploded an experimental radiation bomb over Japan. But it was a failed attack and no one died. But people from Japan to Africa gained powers, ones that a normal person would call super powers. In a way this brought the world together and split it in two all at once.

The powers were many, and those with them started to think they were better than those without. One side of the planet was very strong and ready for war and the other was helpless. In 3012 someone on the powerless side came up with a power balance that would keep the world together.

They would take kids and young teens that were in accidents that had lost limbs and had other problems, and replace them with robotic limbs. These kids would be given training and they would become the army for the powerless side. War would have erupted, if not for one teen who had both -super powers and robotic arms. He became a hero to both sides, and with both sides able to stand up to each other, things settled down.

By the year 3116 every one had powers and the kids with robotic limbs had ether all died from old age or fighting. Also the powers had changed form, kids under the age of ten can't use powers. With this the number of violent young teens went down to almost zero. And the world now united under one nation, found peace. Jump to the year 3320, earth has now colonized two planets other than earth, and are planning to go to a third. In the year 3329, they travel to this third planet and find intelligent life there. They are surprised to find that the inhabitants aren't as far advanced as Earth, and are weaker than we were when we didn't have powers. The human government then tried to take control of their race to lead them. One by one more aliens where found, and each were less advance then hour own.

The year now 3475, we now have ships as fast and big as those captured by U.S. government in the 20s, and those seen by the public. All the ships they found were damaged beyond repair and had little salvaged from them. And with us now having searched almost the whole galaxy we began to wonder if we would ever find them. That's when something unexpected happened, deep in an unexplored part of the Milky Way on the other side of the galaxy we scanned an explosion. But this explosion was bigger than any super nova, and it came from a planet. After a year a human exploration group reached the location. What they found was destroyed planets and ships but no sign of life. It seems that the aliens that have visited us in the past had wiped themselves out in war.

By the year 4500 the powers of the human race had become more defined from each other. And their hair would turn a certain color depending on which power they possessed. And within the powers there were three groups. "Normal", which would have powers that changed the person's strength speed and reflexes, were the most common. Next, there were the "controllers." They could control matter, move water and wind, and make plants grow to their will. Lastly, there were the "creators" who could create and control. They could make fire, electricity, and energy. They were the rarest and most powerful.  There were many powers, and many more to come, but not much more changed with them from then on.

Now the year 5650, tension between aliens and humans had grown to the boiling point, and war is just around the corner. There are more aliens then humans, and they have the same technology at the starting date of the war of 5652. But in just 6 years almost all the aliens have been wiped out with very few causalities on the human side. And with this defeat human kind now ruled the galaxy.

By 5732 human kind had almost completely figured out the universe and how it worked. It would impossible to travel to another galaxy's in one's life time which meant that there wasn't anything left to explore, no discoveries, and nothing new to look forward to. The human race became restless and with their power and differences of opinion a war broke out.

The rich and powerful "creators" and "controllers" have always looked down on the "normals". And a man who would be called by the name "Double Threat" would lead the "normal" against the others for control. The sheer number of "normals" overwhelmed the opposing force and pushed the "creators" and "controllers" into hiding. This war would be called "the real war to end all wars" because it lasted from 5739 to 9427, and is the longest battle ever fought.

One thing that made it last so long was a new power discovered. It was the healing power, which the "Double Threat" used to make himself live forever. He and only he could do this because his power let him copy any persons power and then use it against him. But he could hold onto one power at a time. So when he wasn't fighting he would copy the power of one of the healers on his side. The way he got his name was his power caused his hair turn two colors at the same time, which had never happened before.

On the last day of the war and the last day of the "Double Threats" reign, a 16 year old boy stepped forward to fight him. This boy would be called the "crystal angel" because his hair looked like crystals. And he had a special power rivaled by no one. He had complete and utter control of all light in the universe. Most with power have control over a limited amount of matter and have a limited range. Within one minute the war was over. The boy used his power to kill every member of "Double Threat's" army and "Double Threat" all at once. But sadly, "Crystal Angel" died from the shock his power put on his brain.

Dew to the war, many planets were destroyed and the original earth was as un livable as the surface of the sun. The total population of humanity was around 600,000 and was battered and beaten. Hope for the human race was all but lost and humanity had all but wiped themselves out. They could rebuild and start over but the same thing would just happen again. But then someone found a solution while looking at the history of humanity. It seems that the down fall of the human race started on new year's 2999, because that's when the problems started. And looking back to the 20s they found some interesting science theories one of which is called the "Dyson Sphere". First they created 6600 "Dyson spheres" around 6600 stars. Next they used the resources from inhabitable planets and ones destroyed in the war to make an exact replica of earth at the year 1AD in each sphere, They then came up with a government that would look after humanity from behind the scenes. The system they place in the "Dyson sphere" is called an "Atomic Solar Dematerializing System" or "ASDM" for short.

The first system activated on New Year's 10000, and was populated with 500,000 people. They were given fake memories to play out their roles. This way history will repeat itself, but to make sure things go as planned, "life time actors" will act out people in people mentioned in history. Once the year reaches 3000 the "Dyson sphere" will activate and change it back to 1AD. But in the year 3000 there around 10,000,000,000 people and at the year 1 there are around 500,000, which means many people will die in the process.

But because the creators felt bad about the many deaths on their hands, they decided that if the population of a planet finds out what's going on without any outside help, they would be set free. And only if they could find this out would they be trusted with their own lives and that they wouldn't start another war.
And with that, it brings us back to the year 30129AD.  It has been 20129 years since the start of "ASDM" project and so far only 7 of the 6600 earths have been set free. The last to free themselves became free 10000 years ago. And it seems that the government doesn't want any more to become free because the problems they have caused. And because of this billions die every year without a chance to free themselves. The plan may not have been morally right in the first place and most involved don't think so ether but everyone feels there is no other way to preserve the human race. Humans have come to fear the past that they can't move on.
As well as all the deception by the government, they also put something in the water that blocks powers. They do this because it did not happen before the date 3000 and the fact they fear another "Double Threat" will be born. One problem is that those born with the healing power are immune to the power blocker and are killed when found out. Because their power can heal others to the point where their powers awaken.

Fear of history has caused the death of trillions of lives over the past 20000 years. But like the past, another hero will come and will lead the human race to peace. And maybe this time it will last.
[/spoiler]

If you think its weird to kill people to save the human race... look at the halo story line. they got rid of all life to save all life...

I am sorry if the story is hard to read. its just that i am doing this off my laptop and for some reason it hated this sight so i will fix it so its easyer to read.

Also thank you. I will post the finnished story when it is complete.

--------------------------------------------EDIT--------------------------------------------------------------------
Decided factors:
Not sure if I am using Matthews as a last name any more... So any comments on that are very welcome...
[Unknown 2] = Jenna Matthews ------------------------------------ Credit goes to MegaDarkNero
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

zman9000

I beleve that i will make [unknown 2's] name Jenna ( And no, it has nothing to do with golden sun)

And i don't want any of my main charactors to have the same name as the ones in any of the golden sun games.

also i won't tell you why she is named Jenna.

i need some names that sound like they could be from japan since this is an anime/manga.

any and all comments are welcome.
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

zman9000

Got any good last names that could be from the U.S. or Japan?

post them here.
thanks.

:Jenna: I need a last name!

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

I have a few, Zman. Do you want to use these?

For main character: Max Lancer.
For character: Jenna Matthews.
For character 3. Yusuke Kobayashi.

Salanewt

I have a few ideas/pieces of advice now, so I might as well offer them.

1: Since Jenna is an English name, and she is from the US, it might be better to go with an English surname. Jenna Matthews sounds good, what Nero suggested. Even then, immigration or ancestors who migrated could allow for different names that are German, Russian, or even Arabic (to list a few examples). It is your choice in the end, but you still have access to so many other names (unless their ancestors were English).

2: You actually gave us a script which looks like a part of the story, not an introduction to it. The script still explains the story so far, but I just thought that I would let you know for future reference.

3: Why not search for names on the Internet? There are several websites that list names, including what they mean and where they originated. You might as well give it a shot.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

zman9000

MegaDarkNero: wow great name choices! Umm the third one I most likely won't use because i don't know how to say it, lol...

Salanewt: ether way i would have Jenna in the story because some (not all) of the story will be pieces from my real life and the name Jenna has a special meaning to me. (which I will not tell)
Also it is an introduction because knowing the intro does not help you under stand the main story.
it is mainly a back story I made which will help me make the real story. kinda like A trial run on making the story, and for character development.

For Max Lancer as the main character, it sounds cool but many to cool a name for him. Max is a good name for the main character but the last name needs to be a little less cool.

And for Jenna Matthews.... you just earned some respect and a coin. I like, so since i can say it and sounds good i will make it [Unknown main character 2's name] Thanks!

:Jenna: yeah after so long i have a name!

ALSO: What would be the first part/episode will be out soon!
Edit: I have decided I will give more info on the plot as it might help with ideas that others have for me. (and i really need it)

The setting is in a world the same as ours, with the same science and laws of physics. (or so they think)

that is until on a camping trip [Unknown] (aka the main character) see's a shooting star that suddenly turns and crashes to earth.

when he and [Unknown 3] investigate they find a space ship with a completely normal human girl in it.

Only problem is she has natural pink hair which is imposable, or so they think.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I haven't decided if she will lose her memory or not because that will affect the story for about 24 episodes if you were to think about it like an anime. so the problem is i want the hero's (aka people with the name [unknown]) to stay on earth as long as possible. and once they learn about this pink haired girl and where she came from they will have no choice but to leave the earth. or unless i come up with some story as to why they want to stay. (aka something they have to do first)

And one reason i am unwilling to reveal my story completely is because it's good enuff to become an actual anime/manga in the future. And I am in college in an art school so yeah..... I just don't want any one to say its their own. And once it finished I am planning to obtain all rights to it so no one can take it.

Also you might think: WHY THE F***ING HELL WOULD YOU POST IN ON A SITE LIKE THIS!
well thats because I have a very bad problem where i can't think of details on my own. I need some one to ask me a question first or some think like that or it won't work. so things like names of people, places, or things, i would need help on.

And since I am rambling on and on now, one last thing. For any and all ideas i use that are given to me I will always show who came up with what. so i don't plan on stealing ideas, and if this one day becomes a success you who give ideas that I use will be given credit for that part of it.

so yeah i just felt like i should explain some things, and it might be more then i need to say, but i take everything i do seriously. But have a habit of talking/typing to much.............

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

QuoteUmm the third one I most likely won't use because i don't know how to say it, lol...
I don't know why, it's an easy name to say.

Ugh, I guess I have to tell you how to say it.....

For his first name, it goes a bit like this:
you ske (the 'u' in the 'suke' part is silent, like the 'k' in know)

And his last name is like this:
Just space it out, like ko ba ya shi.

Real people might actually have that name, as I know a guy called Yusuke, and Kobayashi is a common last name like Smith or Jones.

Max Lancer is too 'cool'? Give him a 'normal' last name then, something like Flint or Carter.

zman9000

by to cool i mean that well..... to me it just sounds like an awsome name, and its to cool for a nerdy kid with no freinds in high school.

but now that i think about it i may give that name to him after all. that or i will give it to the cool kid [Unknown 3]

also if you come up with a good club name for [unknown 3]'s club let me know.

thanks

zman9000

Thats the last time i ask my freinds that like anime for help on my anime...

First off I don't want to name [Unknown 3]'s club the S.O.S brigade! or the Z Fighters!

Second the main character will not be named: Goku, Naruto, Obama, or Bill ni the science guy!!!!
So please no one post stupid comments like that.

Also I just found out that My story ( The part I have yet to post on this site ) Is exactly like some show called "Fire fly" on the stfy channel! And i have never heard of this crap before!

so it looks like it will take some time before the next part of my story comes out...

Kain

QuoteI beleve that i will make [unknown 2's] name Jenna ( And no, it has nothing to do with golden sun)

And i don't want any of my main charactors to have the same name as the ones in any of the golden sun games.

also i won't tell you why she is named Jenna.

i need some names that sound like they could be from japan since this is an anime/manga.

QuoteJenna Matthews.

QuotePretty much everything I've read in this thread.

You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

zman9000

Is that supposed to be your sense of humor?

Needs work...

Kain

It's not my sense of humor, it's my common sense screaming in pain.
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

zman9000

I have decided to call the story "Triple Threat"

so far complete:
sudden move for main charactor (back story script)
story for [Unknown 4] (back story and how she met main charactors, 3 different versions)
world history (history of the story's universe)
name for [Unknown 2] (Thanks goes to MegaDarkNero)
main plot and how the powers work (super powers and how they will affect the main story)

yet to finnish:
episode 1 of main story and the whole rest of that story (which depends on V )
need names for all charactors execpt [Unknown 2]
also need a club for a all boy's club (founded by a kid who hates bullies ([Unknown 4])

If any one reading this has trouble doing so please let me know.

Sleipnir36

You could name person 3 Kazuya Tokumoto or Yoshio Takawa and school kid three could be called Yuuka Hirakuchi. Yuuka could be the tomboyish kind of girl, who is in crush with Kazuya and great in sports and martial arts. Also the club of Kazuya could be a judo club, where the members can learn how to defend themselves.

zman9000

Wait?? what..... how did you come up with that.....
hmm i like the idea for the story suronding the school kids.

Also if you could get me a translation for those japanese names (like what meaning they have) that would be great.
I want names that fit the charactors. and i will have japanese names and american names so anything you guys come up with I will take a look at.

also thanks to your post "Sleipnir36" I will spend this week on getting the profile finnished on the side charactors.
Since i have this week off from college with nothing to do.

Sleipnir36

Kazuya means the peace, the harmony. Toku for virtuous, Moto for basic, ground, origin. Yuuka means exellent, great. Hira flat and Kuchi mouth.

Charon

Um... why do we need so many Japanese? Considering most of us aren't Japanese, we might not want to "emulate" their culture, per se... at least you suggested you might be wanting American names... unless your idea takes place on Hawaii this would be rather awkward, considering the large Japanese population in comparison to Americans...

Um... anyways, on actual names...

Names I like:
Joshua
Mike
Lazlo
Thomas
Fletcher

Sarah
Anne
Any form of Mary (like Maria ect.)
Victoria
Lena (or Elaine)

On Japanese names: I rarely use Japanese characters in my work since most take place near where I live, and not a lot of people are Japanese here... names I tend to lean on though are Daisuke, Satoshi, Kouki (male names), and Naomi, Yoko and Yoshi (female names; well... I think the last is actually both ways but I've only known women with that name)

I suck with last names, you're stuck on that note.

zman9000

Well to answer your question:

the story takes place starting in japan but main characters 1-3 are from the USA.
and they are in an American school in japan for kids who had to move there because their parents. And most likely the teachers would be Japanese.

Also main character 4 will most likely be Japanese.
also to add: I am thinking of this story in terms of an anime.
episode 1 (/chapter 1) will have introduction and reveal the main story which makes it an action and mystery anime.

also in terms of episodes they will be leaving the earth around episode 25.
also another spoiler is that there are 6600 earths but they are set at time differences of 2 1/2 years. so basically it would look like time travel but not really.

It may sound weird but thats because I have not yet posted the main plot and will not for some time for copy right reasons.
I have been researching all types of anime for about a mounth and have watched about 25 new ones. If at all possible I want to turn this into a real manga or anime some day.
And if I do I will metion all involved here.
And if I become insainly rich they might see some money as well. I am not one who takes ideas and calls them his own.

Edit: almost forgot thanks for the meanings. the only Japanese charactor in my story who won't have the meaning of their name match there personalty would be [Unknown 4]. (A.K.A. the 4th main charactor.)

Charon

Hm... So they're going to international school? An important note about international schools is that, regardless of the teacher's origin (for example we had Japanese teachers) they will always speak English, and contact with Japanese people (as friends) will not usually occur in the school, but rather the neighbourhood they live in. Because of this, your characters would actually need to be going out of there way to pick up the language, unless they had already taken classes already (for example, since my mom was out of the house more, she actually picked up on more Japanese than my sister or I did, who basically stayed at home or went to international school) - so try to stay away from gratutious Japanese. Also, almost always, international families in Japan will be living in apartments; on work based issues these will probably be company-owned, so the first three friends will probably be living in the same apartment, and the fourth Japanese friend will probably live nearby.

Not with everyone, but some Japanese that don't speak English can be Xenophobic, or will generally not appreciate a shoving of someone else's culture on them. Dunno about the rest of Japan but Hiroshima had few churches for this reason. In addition, they generally do not let foreigners into sacred places.

You need to come up with a reason moreso than "because of their parents". For example, a few people in the Detroit area (like my dad) went over to Hiroshima because Mazda wanted to recruit them temporarily - Mazda is located in Hiroshima after all; it'd be pretty stupid if for example, your character's parents had to also work for Mazda but went to Tokyo or something - so remember to do your research! Also, you're probably not going to be getting people from Alaska or Florida going to Hiroshima for working for Mazda, so make sure your characters come from a logical place too. A lof of people go there for business with working for car companies, so a logical place would be somewhere like Michigan, or really anywhere in the midwest for that matter.

In your case watching anime would not accurately reflect the situation of American students.

I really don't mind posting some pics if you need any sort of reference on tiny stuff like that, like with the apartment structure or anything like that (you're not going to get any information on foreign business-owned apartments from pretty much any anime). But remember, its the tiny details that make the story more realistic.

PS: It's "Character", not "Charactor". :p

zman9000

thanks.

well As you know I suck at explaining and got banned for a miss understanding (thats they way I feel and lets not get back into that. thats in the past)
so let me try to explain this again....

the town is a town only for americans as is the school.
the reason, its for wealthy americans in business that moved to Japan. and if that said person brought their kid to japan, to make it easyer on the kid would to make a little peice of the U.S. over there.
also if this seams just a little weird, all the better as this has something to do with the plot.

also some of the teachers might not be from the U.S. and might have Japanese names. But for teaching would speek english.

Best way to explain it is:
think of a small slighty rich town surrounding a school in America.
now move that town as is with all the people to Japan.

Only thing I really need to research at this point is a good place to put this fictional in japan.

I need to find a place that has nothing there at this point and has a good vew of the sky but is also some what close to a big city......
which I should start to do today why i still have time off

So if you guys have any ideas on that it would help alot.