News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Forum Shop (Beta) is Up!

Started by Charon, 22, February, 2011, 01:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charon

Something I bet a lot of users were looking forward to!

Woohoo! Shop! Wait... where is it?!
The shop is located right next to "My Messages" and "Calendar" on the top of the page.

What can I do in the Shop?
A lot more than you'd think!

I'll go over each of the links one-by-one.

Shop Home
This just shows general statistics about the shop, as well as the Shop menu.

Buy Stuff
Woot! You can buy stuff by selecting this!

The stuff is organized by type. For example, Standard Badges are under "Standard Badges". Select that to see the Standard Badge collection. While searching for a badge to purchase, you can also organize the badges in certain ways, such as by name. Click "Buy Now!" to purchase the item. Please note that the shop will NOT ask you if you are sure, so keep this in mind. Now this item is in your inventory, which you can check on the next link. When you purchase a badge, it will automatically appear in your profile. Please note that a few badges cannot be purchased.

Your Inventory
This is the collection of things you have purchased. With an item, you can either

A. Use it. This will apply an items effect. Some items disappear after using them. Using a badge will make it appear as your "favourite badge" that appears right next to your posts.
B. Trade it. This may sometimes not be selectable.
C. Sell it. This sells that item back to the shop, redeeming your coins. This may sometimes not be selectable.

At this point, all items can be sold, but that may change. If an item can't be sold, it also can't be traded.

Send Money to Someone
This allows you to send money to another user for whatever reason. This way, you do not have to increase coins for someone doing you a favour, and the "Work Requests" can be handled in private (of course, you should certainly still increase another user's money if you like their posts!). You can also send them a message.

Send an Item to Someone
This allows you to give an item to another member. It works very similarly to how "Send Money to Someone" works. Do note that items in the Trade Center will NOT be listed here.

Trade Center
This shows items that other members are selling. To put an item up for sale for the rest of the forum to purchase, go to your inventory and chose the item you want to be put up for trade. You can set a price and it will appear in the Trade Center. When someone purchases your item, you will receive a PM notification.

Do note that some items... are not renewed. ;)

Issues
Atrius is working his butt off to iron out the problems in this system. I might have also made mistakes myself and would greatly appreciate it if you notify either me or Atrius about an issue by replying in this thread.

Known problems:
-In the "Buy Stuff" section, only the first page of stuff appears unless you are in the deepest folder. So if you want to buy a badge that isn't listed, for example, go into the folder in the section where its listed.
-Permissions on groups... are really wonky to say the least. Until they are fixed, there will be no clan items available for trade.
-Current Edition Badges are still not up yet.
-Many of the badges don't have their badge number yet, so badge ID does not sort them.

Suggestions:
-Sorting Feature (from Role)

Badges that are not purchasable/sellable (Special):

Given as a thank you for helping with the forum in some way. Placed under "Standard Badges"

Staff Badges. If you would like your own custom staff badge, please contact me and I will make one for you, or you can send me one you made yourself. Your old staff badge will still be there. You must be a member of staff in order to request such a badge - this includes the Leader of the Clan Hack, Moderators, Global Moderators and Administrators. Any other requests will be ignored.

Contest badges

Until permissions are complete, there will be no way to remove or set as favourite badge for these badges, unless done manually. Please give me a PM if you would like either of these functions to occur. These badges will be worth 0 coins and will not be allowed to be put up for trade.

Salanewt

Quick question. Are my badges supposed to show up in "Your Inventory" when visiting the shop? I want to sell back my Link one, but none of my badges are visible. I am guessing that anything purchased before the shop came out can not be accessed by it, but it is just a guess...

Anyway, great job on the system Atrius! Good work on getting the badges up Charon. And, well, everything looks good.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Charon

Badges purchased before the Shop was opened are not available in your inventory. I need to figure out a work around for this. I might be able to just send them to you via Test User, but you might get quite a few PMs in the process.

In the meantime you can just sell them manually.

Rolina

I suggest making clan specific badges clan-exclusive.  For example, the animated djinn, the symbols, and the djinn closeups - these are symbolic of the clan itself, so I could easily see these being clan exclusive.

Also, I'd not mind having a custom method of sorting in the future.

For example, my badges include:  Pokemon Version, Starter mon, and Generation Favorite (team regular).  It'd be nice to line those up, y'know?

It'd also be cool if I could line up my GS game badges together, as well as the clan badges together.

Charon

Hm, I don't know about the former - those badges were available to everyone from the getgo in the beginning but I guess with the Trade System it would work. Although, I can't implement anything until Atrius finishes his work with Permissions.

I'll add a suggestions area to the first post so Atrius can know what needs fixing. (I'm not on a computer right now)

Atrius (He/Him)

Eventually I will convert all badges purchased before the shop system so they appear in your inventory.

@Charon, using my fearsome database admin powers I can tell you that the Gardevoire, Gallade, Arcanus, Bobomb, Star, Starlow, Granstar, Pokemon Blue, Gold, Silver, Heart Gold, Soul Silver, Team Aqua, and Magma badges are all set as unsellable.

Hmm, being able to sort the badges on your profile would be quite a trick...  I'm gonna have to think about how to implement that.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Rolina

Photobucket has something that lets you sort your pictures how you want.  Perhaps you could look into that?

Oh, and Charon, you're forgetting the Elemental Cirno badge in the unsellable/gettable, since it was a participation badge for a contest.

Charon

Have a copy of it? I don't and I don't know were to get it.

Atrius (He/Him)

Quote from: Role on 23, February, 2011, 11:50:57 AM
Photobucket has something that lets you sort your pictures how you want.  Perhaps you could look into that?

Because photobucket is open-source, and works anything at all like our badge system...
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Rolina

Quote from: Atrius on 24, February, 2011, 12:07:51 AM
Quote from: Role on 23, February, 2011, 11:50:57 AM

Because photobucket is open-source, and works anything at all like our badge system...
Aaaand you're completely missing the point.  Or maybe I said it wrong, who knows.

Thing is, they did it.  I thought you could look at it (as in, the final product) as a basis for what you'd try to do later on... you know, after the next editor update and what not.

@Charon:  Kain and Hoopa were the only participants, and as such both have it.

Charon

Role, the badge system works quite differently than Photobucket >_> Since its text based, and not object based, it'll be more difficult to implement a sorting feature...

Rolina

* Role facepalms.

I see you're missing my point too.  What I'm saying is that it'd be a great point of reference, that's all.  It's something that you can look at and say "While for various reasons we can't actually do that, we could work on something similar, within the limitations of the forum, that allows users to sort things how they desire in a user-friendly manner"

Kain

Quote from: Role on 24, February, 2011, 02:48:37 AM

@Charon:  Kain and Hoopa were the only participants, and as such both have it.

Only badge I have actually.  I'm planning on changing that however once I finally get around to buying those Fire Emblem ones.
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!