News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Maxi Gallery of Custom Images (new stuff)

Started by MaxiPower, 25, February, 2011, 03:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaxiPower

Quote from: Role on 01, March, 2011, 02:12:30 AM
Paying money I can see.  Paying that much?!

Not just that, but... PLEASE tell me they didn't also make the portraits, because those portraits still look nothing like GS portraits.

that Sakum one wasnt the one he made.... IT WAS WORSE

only reason i paid was fair enough he got it wrong but he still done it, didnt ask him to do any more lol

< WOW AT THE SUCKAGE

heres another older Sakum portrait (edit... that eventually became Artem)

PS I cant remember if it he was from UK or US, coulda been 25 Pounds which =( is more than 25 dollars lol

Rolina

Well, even with that, it is the closest one to keeping in the proper style of GS portraits.  But I've gotta agree, it is pretty bad.  Did you not inform him of the palette and size limitations for the portrait?

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Wow, that face pic sucks. I don't know what to say, it's just.... awful. Was the dude who drew it drunk off his @#$ when he made it?

MaxiPower

he never played Golden Sun, i just gave him a few older sprites as reference and he provided that lol

Rolina

No no no, not just the other sprites, but you have to tell him the color restrictions (both what colors are allowed and what are not, as well as the max number of colors you can use from that selection - 15) and what the size limit is - 32x32, iirc.

Because you had neither, it looks like crap.  You told him to do it and left out the most vital info, so it can't be all blamed on him.

MaxiPower

(Note Rock isn't from GS, but it looks cool anyhow)

A pretty basic City of Athol, nothing impressive, Just populated

Rolina

For that many people there, it needs more houses to hold them.

Also, yeah, sure, it looks cool, but it still looks out of place.  As in, it doesn't look like it should even be in the game when you compare it to everything around it.

MaxiPower

Quote from: Role on 08, March, 2011, 07:44:30 AM
For that many people there, it needs more houses to hold them.

Also, yeah, sure, it looks cool, but it still looks out of place.  As in, it doesn't look like it should even be in the game when you compare it to everything around it.

the people are there for the Alchemy Games, Majority of them they don't live in the city. :D

Rolina

Alchemy Games?  As in the colosseum in this game?  Then you need at least double or triple the places - only a place large enough to justify a colosseum should have one.

MaxiPower

Quote from: Role on 08, March, 2011, 09:11:07 AM
Alchemy Games?  As in the colosseum in this game?  Then you need at least double or triple the places - only a place large enough to justify a colosseum should have one.

Noted, ill look at expanding it at some point, maybe add something on the clif above and just make stairs up

old

(i don't know how I didnt notice that before, lags blowing different ways? ill fix that)

sparkling new

GBASP Mockup for fun

Rolina

I'm going to say this again - your towns are really small.

MaxiPower

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Katema  - Village of Birds  

City Layout is complete just needs final tidying up for example the dirt and the inclusion of more props and actual civilians... have to say this my best yet in terms of having a puzzle etc. and most importantly its not the size of a stamp lol

oh and how could I forget, it will be littered with birds lol, Charons home, defo have to have a nod to her in the city somewere XD

For the lol

How it started

[spoiler][/spoiler]

another thing i just finished there now

this is a throwback to one of the old Camelot games Shining Force in which this location was a headquarters for the knights of Guardiana. One of my fav games, all Goledn Sun fans should play it.

In the Chronicles, this location will be in Camelot City and will act as a hideout for a certain group of Rebels XD

Original Headquaters

GS themed Hideout

MaxiPower

Decided in expanding it for story reasons. have to repopulate

leaf

Looking at that, I feel like there's too much grass, or at least... too much of the same type of grass?
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

MaxiPower

Quote from: leafgreen386 on 29, March, 2011, 06:34:46 PM
Looking at that, I feel like there's too much grass, or at least... too much of the same type of grass?

noted...  :idea:

GSeriesFan

Hi, i m new in this forum, i m trying to edit Vale village to add some holes in the walls so that each hole can teleport you to other villages like Vault, Bilibin, Kalay,etc

I already know how to make the connection of the villages, i learned thanks to Atrius Guide ^^

What i don't know is how you extract the *sprites*(sorry i dont know if this is the real name) of the vilages and after editing them, putting them on the rom...

I would reallly appreciate if you enlighten me about this :)

P.S: i m sorry if this is wrong section, it's just this thread is perfect for you to understand what i m trying to tell you :)

Rolina

I don't think we have the ability to edit that yet... though, you may eventually be able to hack the teleport lapis into the game or something.

GSeriesFan

The reason why i want this is because of Vbagx emulator of gba games for mobile phone, the golden sun games have the world map sprites all screwed up, not to mention that the animated sprites in battle dont appear to both enemy and allies, only appears the name of the enemies... but what i m trying to do is to link each village to each other, that way i dont need to use the world map, and i know some djinns are caugh only at world map im gonna do some editing about that later.

BTW The Teleport Lapis ideia is a good ideia, but is it possible to add it to GS1? I tried to add it using GS TLA but i coulnt find it, i only found catch beads, orb of force,etc

Rolina

It's something we're working on - trying to find ways to put GS2 stuff into GS1 and vise versa.  On top of that, the ability to add new field skills is being looked into.

GSeriesFan

Yea too bad... well i ll just link each village through the houses,caves,etc.

Thx for the help!