News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Accessing to old GS1 area

Started by luluthefirst, 04, March, 2011, 09:33:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luluthefirst

Hello, I'm wondering if is that possible to access in Golden Sun 1 area, in GS2, they no longer exist, only Vale exists but it's only a sprite, we can't access on it, so I'm wondering if someone has made an hack yet to access to old GS1 area, Venus Lighthouse, Suhalla, Suhalla desert, Karagol Sea, Vale, Vault, Xian, Lamakan Desert, Imil, Mercury Lighthouse etc, I know these location has been deleted in GS2 (I saw it through The Lost Age Edition), but we could easily make it, I'm sure there is a way, that would be awesome to have the entire world !

Rolina

Yeah, not possible with the current version of the editor.  That'd be a definite no.

Salanewt

I recall Atrius trying to do this at one point. I think he decided against finishing, but you could probably ask him about it if you want.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

luluthefirst

Aslo, I couldn't get the World Map to show up in The Lost Age Editor, I get a black map instead. This is same for WORLD_END (dunno what could it represent).

MaxiPower

whilst its not possible yet, i do finsd this exciting and it surely is one of the first things im gonna attempt when possible

luluthefirst

Quote from: MaxiPower on 10, March, 2011, 04:27:29 PM
whilst its not possible yet, i do finsd this exciting and it surely is one of the first things im gonna attempt when possible

Yeah, that's the first thing I will do too, it makes more exciting when you hear the second overworld music theme (Walking Forward With Determination), I hope in the new version of TLA Editor it will support the entire world map, because I really want to add an area, etc, aslo I could suggest to have an export option to export a map and import it (for example you export Vale from GS 1 and you import Vale to GS 2), I remember that he said that Golden Sun will be fully editable with this editor in next version I think, I dunno I heard that from one of his video or in this forum, can't remember.

MaxiPower

having access to all of Weyard adds soo much potential to Rom hacks. imagine playing out Saturos and Menardis quest lol,

luluthefirst

Atrius (He/Him)

[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

luluthefirst

Thanks but how did you made it? I want to do same for GS1

Rolina

He didn't.  It was already in the game's code.

Atrius (He/Him)

Well, first I programmed a decompressor for GS's compression formats so I could rip the actual map data from the game, then a converter for the tiling, and graphics format to decode it to a .bmp image.  Then I used Photoshop to save that .bmp as a .gif because .bmp format sucks, and .gif managed to achieve a better compression ratio than .png while still preserving all the colors.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Rolina

Aye, for images with this little colors, .gif works quite well.  Plus, since anything animated, such as the sprites, would be in .gif, I can see why you put it in that format.

luluthefirst

Hope the next editor will support the world map format.

I dunno if you could do the same for GS1 to compare with GS2.

And the tileset is hard to decode, why is there many tilesets with different color (from the TLA editor) ?

Atrius (He/Him)

I didn't rip this one, but if I recall correctly it is fairly complete & accurate, the rest was pretty much just empty space.

Tilesets aren't exactly paired to palettes.  The only way to link them is to look at which ones maps load together.

luluthefirst

I have already this, but I just want to see hiddens area through the GS1 world, that may be interressing

Rolina

It's just the TBS' area map and crossbone isle.  Hell, you'd probably find it easily on gamefaqs, you know.