News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Golden Sun and MineCraft

Started by zman9000, 11, March, 2011, 03:33:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zman9000

I have been fooling around with mine craft and have come to the conclusion that the game Golden sun (1&2) Can be made using MineCraft.
But since I am sure that no one wants to work on a 1 to 1 working scale model of the game golden sun, I have made this so you can post video or pictures of things you made in MineCraft of golden sun.
You can also post video's or pictures you find on youtube about this.
here are some I found on youtube!

This is my proof that even traps can be made with minecraft. (these arn't mine)

If only sand flowed like water this would be perfect!

Edit: by proof I mean this is proof that you can make traps from golden sun. the videos are not mine!
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

In the second video, there's even a little Robin/Isaac.

Both are almost the same as their Goldensun counterparts.

Rolina

A distinct lack of Lava in Mars.  Son, I am disappoint.

Next, do the Umbra Tower and climb it with Sveta.

Also, you only seemed to do half of collosso it seems.  You need to make a mirror thing on the other side - they race to the center from either side, after all.

luluthefirst

Great work, I Loled at the end, the Wise One lmao, and could you make Weyard? I'm sure it's possible, I wanted to try it, but too lazy.. lol

zman9000

Ok it's seems that I said something wrong.

those videos are just something on youtube that gave me the idea for this. They arn't mine!
sorry for the confusion.
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

MaxiPower

haha im actually amazed lol....

1.1 Weyard World now, how does one play together like that? hmm

Salanewt

I am intrigued. If I were to make Aqua Rock, would it be possible to upload my results and work on this?

Golden Craft... or would it be Golden Mine?
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

zman9000

@MaxiPower: Beats me I never could get multi player to work... but my brother knows how...... but he won't tell me...

I think I am going to re create that island in golden sun two where you fight that guy that is imune to attacks... can't remember the name... but you know the one... i think..

@Sala: If you mean like videos and stuff then yeah. but if you mean upload your work to a file that others are making a golden sun world then no.

And I would call it Golden Craft.

also if we could find some one who can set up a server for the GSHC so we could make a model of the golden sun world that would be great!

MaxiPower

might have to invest in the game then, ive played it like but mite get it for this

Rolina

Quote from: zman9000 on 11, March, 2011, 04:48:42 PM
Ok it's seems that I said something wrong.

those videos are just something on youtube that gave me the idea for this. They arn't mine!
sorry for the confusion.
And here I thought you'd made something awesome.  Oh look!  It's respect, riding a flying pig out a window!

Should have known better... *Facepalms*

zman9000

Ugg.. role... do you enjoy putting me down?
at least I didn't take credit for something thats not mine. And when i found out I made sure to let you guys know!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well an update on what i am working on:
I am recreating that island where the turtle takes you to a hidden cave that leads to Sentinel, The boss that can only be harmed by Djinn and normal attacks.

Well i will be using pictures from that area to create an exact 1 to 1 scale of that island in mine craft.
And I will post the video on youtube and here.

Look forward to it!

Kain

Well to be honest, until you edited your first post, it was clearly implied you had done what was in those videos.
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

Rolina

Aye, I really thought you'd made those.  I really was impressed.  Then you admitted you had nothing to do with it, and had nothing in the first post until later to reveal that it's not you who did this.  Since the respect you earned from impressing me revolved around that being made by you, that respect is instantly gone.

Salanewt

I think I have some good news. I succeeded in setting up a server that should work, and I might be able to play with other people. The downside is that it is set up on my laptop, so I might not allow access to it here because of how slow and choppy it could be with too many people. However, using a program called Hamachi, someone else could easily connect to someone's network to play. The only problem now would be to choose somebody to host the server... and also what to build first.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

zman9000

I thought I just say something just incase some one thinks other wise.

This topic doesn't have anything to do with the golden sun mod topic.

As it says this if for recreating areas from GS in minecraft, while the GS minecraft mod is about making a mod of GS for minecraft.

I just thought I would say that incase there was some confusion.

Edit: Also I think this topic should be moved to "tech and gaming" area. since it is about gaming...

Dullahan1116

Someone above asked about how this would work on servers? Traps that reset. ( some things will be impossible due to redstone loading in chunks, which wouldn't be a problem in single player, but on a server, forcing chunks to load = LAG X.X, so we will have to get creative with things such as activating the Aqua stone in the apoji islands to open aqua rock, and other things like this ( we will probably just make aqua rock open should we get to that < plus we would need a mod to make douse activate redstone -_-'>) you get he idea.

I'm working with someone on bukkit to make Weyard via spout. ( when I say I am working with, I mean I am helping, his baby not mine, I'm just working on texturing) he is working on the server AND working with plugin devs to get a plugin that replicates psyenergy, the server probably won't be public till summer 2012, but ops will be able to work on development on a hamachi server. So if you want to get involved, let me know XD

zman9000

That sounds interesting.... >_> you wouldn't happen to know some one who would know how to make a minecraft mod would you? I started another topic about the possibility of making a golden sun texture pack and mod for minecraft. it would make it possible to re make any part of golden sun 1 or 2. if you know anyone interested let us know. also if you could post some pictures or video of the project I'm sure interest would increase greatly.

Dullahan1116

Quote from: zman9000 on 17, November, 2011, 12:24:27 PM
That sounds interesting.... >_> you wouldn't happen to know some one who would know how to make a minecraft mod would you? I started another topic about the possibility of making a golden sun texture pack and mod for minecraft. it would make it possible to re make any part of golden sun 1 or 2. if you know anyone interested let us know. also if you could post some pictures or video of the project I'm sure interest would increase greatly.

This is a super Necro (and random as....well, something that is super random) but, Robert Joe and I are currently in the planning phase of making a Golden Sun mod for minecraft. We plan to start development in January (2014)