News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Let's Play Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days!

Started by Rolina, 14, March, 2011, 01:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mastermind

Rolina

Quote from: JamietheFlameUser on 19, March, 2011, 10:45:20 PM
Spirit. Would be a Ninja, but they're super boring without skills.
Not only does male get two unique damage skills AND weapon skills, female gets four unique status skills AND weapon skills.  So... compared to the spirit, which maxes out at four skills... are you sure?

Not only that, but they have innate skills, too.  Kunoichi can attack twice when at <25% HP, Male Ninjas get a HUGE evasion upgrade when at <25% HP, while spirits get 10% SP regen per turn.  Chose what you feel most useful.  I just don't want you to not take something you like due to a misconception.

Edit:  Alright, once I get confirmation from what Jamie wants to do, we'll start this - I've got everyone ready to go 1-4, I'll report the enemies and what they have.  If you see anything you want stolen then, let me know - and if we wind up having more than 10 people active (as in: accepted, unlocked, and ready to kick some butt), then y'all will choose my team as well.  One rule, though:  The leader always leads her troops into battle.  Role is always on the team.

Hoopa

Hope I'm not too late to join in. I'd like to be a Kunoichi, the color scheme would be the first one on that page. I'd like to focus on speed if I can.
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

Rolina

Of course you're not too late, welcome to the team!  Give me a bit to get your character made, and I'll add you!

Rolina

Easy answer is easy.  You suck at it.  Disgaea is not a hard game in main story unless you go out of your way to stay what would be considered "decently leveled" in most games (like in this LP!).

Aile~♥

I'm sorry, I look at the Ninja page and I see... two skills.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Rolina

Jamie, most classes have ZERO.  Usually only monsters get skills, and even then, only get four.  The Ninja, on the other hand, can get a much wider variety depending on weapon, on top of their two uniques, and their massive evasion boost when at critical health.

Remember that this is Disgaea.  Most skills humans use come from weapons - the sole exception being mage units, who get spells (basically, the Staff weapon's skills).

Aile~♥

So it's like Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, then? (except you can't master the skills to keep them, so in that respect it's more like GS:DD...)

In that case, Ninja. Colour scheme: green (Touryou).
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Rolina

Not quite - you learn skills from using the weapon type period - as your weapon mastery goes up, you gain even more skills.  The remake has yet ANOTHER skill for every weapon, which is what I'm playing! :D

Rolina

Okay, so... the game won't let me call you Jamie The Flame User.  Apparently, it doesn't think it's cool enough.  No, it forced me to change it...

You...

ARe now Jamie... The Flame.  Yeah, thanks to the character limit, your name suddenly sounds 300% more awesome.  So then, Shinobi Master JamieTheFlame has joined the ranks of the Windmaster's Army!

And with that... we have eleven elite members in our army.  And zman.

So then!  Time to figure how who joins!

Mission Briefing:  Some little brat of a boy has claimed to be the true windmaster - but that can't be, after all - that's me!  As such, we need to beat the living daylights out of him.  And when we're done with that, rub his face in the mud.  How DARE HE!  He thinks that he is the better person for the title - better than ME!  We'll show him who's the better demon!

Arm yourselves, men!  Today, we got to war! After all, TITLES ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS!

>>Please select 9 additional members to bring into battle.  Role, being the army's adorably cute, incredibly selfish leader, is going anyways, so choose nine others to join her into battle.

Griever

Wait you are letting us choose? lol

Lets see ... you ONLY have 9 other characters available  :sad: .... unless you plan on taking zman to the battle field  :Sweat:

Rolina

I count twelve members:

1 Role
2 Leaf
3 Kain
4 RTGreece
5 DarkGriever
6 MegaDarkNero
7 Atrius
8 Mastermind
9 Whizkidhv
10 JamieTheFlame
11 Salanewt
12 zman

Role will be one of the ten, so I need the other nine.

Griever

Ok lets try to balance the team ....
I usually put only 1 mage type in my team ... so if you are the mage then i will have to exclude myself.

1. Kain
2. MegaDarkNero
3. Atrius
4. JamieTheFlame
5. Leaf
6. Whizkidhv
7. Salanewt
8. RTGreece
9. Mastermind

How about this?

Kain

I say we leave Greece and zman.  Greece because I'm being spiteful and zman because...well...he got shafted in the beginning. he's a good for nothing? He has no gear. He's a prinny.
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

Griever

If you take RTGreece out of the team, you will have to include me ... another mage type ...

Rolina

This is a majority vote, not a balanced team thing, though.  As this is a let's play, I take whoever the top 9 voted characters are though.

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

How about

1. Kain
2. Leaf
3. JamieTheFlame
4. Atrius
5. Whizkidhv
6. DarkGriever
7. Mastermind
8. Salanewt

Oh, and me.

Rolina

Y'all might wanna stop arguing on behalf of y'alls layouts, it's just voting on personal preference, y'know.  A democracy, not a debate.  A vote on what people want, not what the best/ideal team is.

Hell, many LPs wind up with the voters making joke teams.  We're not trying to be uberhax (yet), just have fun!

Griever

Role ... did you post in the wrong topic? cause your post does not make any sense here .... unless you meant it for the race removal discussion -.-

Rolina

No, Nero edited his post, so the asking about the Greece situation isn't there anymore.  Edited my comments out to reflect that.