News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

I Have Some Questions...

Started by thenightsshadow, 15, June, 2009, 10:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thenightsshadow

- It's not to say that enemies with 18 HP aren't used.  It may be that way, but it's not derived from HP.

- I don't know what those four numbers do, sorry.

- The reason why some moves are 1/8 and others are ??/256 is due to the second number above the moves.

# is 0 = Moves have a 1/8 chance of happening.
# is 1 = Moves have a 53/256, 47/256, 41/256, 35/256, 29/256, 23/256, 17/256, and 11/256 chance of happening.
# is 2 = Moves have a 113/256, 56/256, 31/256, 20/256, 14/256, 10/256, 7/256, and 5/256 chance of happening.
# is 3 = It's unknown what the percentages are, but there are enemies that use this.

- Elemental Power and Resistance aren't changeable with this version atm.

- Quite.

- I don't recall seeing any, perhaps you mean bosses like the Serpent.

- Not right now, we only have a Text Viewer, not a Text Editor.

- Masamune's Rising Dragon is an unleash.  That's why.

- Defense doesn't change ATM and hopefully will be available for change via the next version of the editor.
Don't bug me too much.  After all, the 'shadow is always Sirius.

Salanewt

Hello, I just have a few questions, and I might ask more when the time comes...

In the editor, if an enemy has 18 hp, that means that it is unused in the game, right?

I also have another question...

Below the attacks for an enemy, and above the drop information, there are 4 numbers that can be changed, but does anybody know what they are?

I have some info, for those who did not know...
Djinn and many bosses have different fractions for which their attacks are chosen (not 1/8, but ??/256). I am not sure why this is, but I will ask later, when I have used the editor more...

Oh, I have another question before I do the normal and wish everyone a nice day, please tell me, how do you change the elemental power and resistance?

EDIT: I also noticed that there are 3 Valukars (that is the desert boss, now that I think about it), 2 of them have 18 hp, same with Sentinel and Dullahan, except all 3 Dullahans have the same stats... Oh, never mind... The Dullahans must be the alternate movesets that it can switch.

EDIT 2: I just noticed that there are multiples of common enemies too... Does this mean that if I change some of them, then nothing odd will happen?

EDIT 3: I have one more quick question, not exactly related to this topic, but is is very simple. Can you change the name of anything in the game with the editor?

EDIT 4: I found two different rising dragons, one is the regular fire attributed one, and the other version is a water attribute, very odd. I also found a psynergy called can't use, and another called total defence.

EDIT 5: I also noticed something else in the editor... If you change an enemy's defence, it will not stay changed (or is this only in the editor, and not the game).

Thank you in advance, and please have a nice day.
:MercurySet:

This post has been edited by Salanewt on Jun 15 2009, 04:23 PM
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Salanewt

Thank you for answering everything. I guess I should change the water Rising Dragon's icon back into an x, since I has changed it before.

Anyway, I suppose that it is okay for now that defence does not go up... Since I made the ruffians at the beginning adepts...

EDIT: Oh, I just noticed that there are three Moapas. They each have slightly different movesets, but the same moves (more or less of some attacks), and they each have different defence totals, but I am not sure why...

Does anybody know?

Have a nice day, and thanks again.

This post has been edited by Salanewt on Jun 16 2009, 12:21 PM

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

thenightsshadow

That's all dependent on whether or not that you win the trials.

Win 0 Trials, 1st Moapa and 2x 1st Knights.
Win 1 Trial, 1st Moapa, 1st and 2nd Knight.
Win 2 Trials, 1st Moapa, 2x 2nd Knights.
Win 3 Trials, 2nd Moapa, 2x 2nd Knights.
Win 4 Trials, 3rd Moapa, 2x 2nd Knights.

1st Moapa has 219 Defense and 5 Bosca Hit.
2nd Moapa has 174 Defense and 4 Bosca Hit.
3rd Moapa has 120 Defense and 3 Bosca Hit.

1st Knight has 151 Defense and 4 Strong Hit.
2nd Knight has 106 Defense and 2 Strong Hit.

Reason Defense is different is because they drop a different piece of equipment each time.

The Knights will drop their Armour, which has 46 Defense.
Moapa will first drop his Helmet, which has 45 Defense, and then his Armour, which has 54 Defense.

This post has been edited by thenightsshadow on Jun 16 2009, 02:07 PM
Don't bug me too much.  After all, the 'shadow is always Sirius.

Salanewt

QuoteThat's all dependent on whether or not that you win the trials.

Win 0 Trials, 1st Moapa and 2x 1st Knights.
Win 1 Trial, 1st Moapa, 1st and 2nd Knight.
Win 2 Trials, 1st Moapa, 2x 2nd Knights.
Win 3 Trials, 2nd Moapa, 2x 2nd Knights.
Win 4 Trials, 3rd Moapa, 2x 2nd Knights.

1st Moapa has 219 Defense and 5 Bosca Hit.
2nd Moapa has 174 Defense and 4 Bosca Hit.
3rd Moapa has 120 Defense and 3 Bosca Hit.

1st Knight has 151 Defense and 4 Strong Hit.
2nd Knight has 106 Defense and 2 Strong Hit.

Reason Defense is different is because they drop a different piece of equipment each time.

The Knights will drop their Armour, which has 46 Defense.
Moapa will first drop his Helmet, which has 45 Defense, and then his Armour, which has 54 Defense.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Trial Road... Thank you.
Have a nice day.

EDIT: Oh yeah, underneath where you change the attacks of an enemy, and above where you determine the rewards from the enemy, does anybody know what those numbers are? They are the same for some enemies, including Mini-Goblin, Alec Goblin, Baboon Goblin, Wild Gorilla, Crazy Gorilla and Chestbeater (all 20, 75, 24). There are probably more that match... I will try to change some digits to see what happens.

I have switched these digits for Dino (original 12, 13, 0, 0) and Gnome (original 25, 67, 0, 0)...

I will also switch Momonga (20, 75, 0, 0) and Kobold (8, 9, 0, 0)

Saturos (12, 13, 0, 0 (same digits as Dino and Gnome)) and Menardi (same as Saturos)...

Agatio (8, 9, 0, 0) and Karst (12, 13, 0, 0)... It looks like Agatio is unrelated to the rest of them...

Agatio and Karst's Flame Dragons have the same numbers as their human counterparts.

Fusion Dragon is all 0, Doom Dragon is all 0 as well.

Oh yeah, I forget... Are there any enemies with special abilities or traits (that do not require moves, like Posiedon's barrier)?

Emu and Talon runner have the same as Agatio, but I replaced Emu with the same numbers as Poseidon (31, 60, 0, 0). I will also state if this does anything.

I will type what switching Dino with Gnome does, if it does anything.
Nothing appears to have happened, and nothing happened by giving Poseidon's numbers to Emu.

Have another nice day.

This post has been edited by Salanewt on Jun 17 2009, 08:25 AM