News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

A Hello and a Plea for Advice...!

Started by SomedayMorning, 19, March, 2011, 04:28:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SomedayMorning

:sad: Hi there! My name's Someday; at least, everyone calls me that. This's my first post and my very first question all rolled into one sticky ball- let's get katamari-ish up in here!

Alright- my room-mate has Golden Sun and is in a tizzy because she happened to screw up and save on a boat after all her characters had died fighting a...krakhen, I believe it was? I'm not sure of the specifics, but 3 of 4 characters are dead and one has 1 hitpoint, and she has no reviving items. I like watching her play the game, and I'm a bit in love with it myself......but watching her go all the way through it AGAIN mere days after watching it the first time? Buuuuh.

I don't aim to be an uberhacker or god up everyone...I just need to know how to hex edit enough to give her poor characters their hitpoints back so she can play the game again. That probably sounds silly, but sillier things have been done for those we love.  :Sweat:

Does anyone have any advice...? I downloaded the hex editor and loaded up the .sav, and read a hex editing guide, but I'm pretty sure I'm not cut out for this. It all confuses the holy heck out of me.

Crystal Sonata

Attach the save to a post. I will see what i can do.

EDIT: Wait so she is on the boat after fighting the kraken? After fighting it im pretty sure the boat hits shore and she can head to a nearby town.

Anyway attach it, ill get her out of the sticky situation.
Anything I post here is solely my opinion, and is not proven fact, unless I specify otherwise.

If I say anything that offends you, grow a set.

SomedayMorning

Nonono. Aaah, I'm so nervous when I'm new to places...! She's on the boat, fought it once, and was utterly destroyed by it. She saved after that because...I don't know, she's special like that, and now her characters are all near-dead and there's no way I can tell for her to fix it. Thank you so much, though! I'll stick it up here.

I'd love to learn to do this kind of thing, but it's adventurous to go tromping in trying to fix things right off when I have no idea what I'm doing and no backup, methinks.

EDIT: She's currently curled up in our couch pouting and playing animal crossing. XD

Crystal Sonata

Lol. Ok i get what you are saying now. Yea i can fix it easily. Ill even get her past the kraken if you want.

EDIT:Ok. All of her characters are at full health and condition right where it was saved at. Want me to get her past the Kraken as well or send back the new save file?
Anything I post here is solely my opinion, and is not proven fact, unless I specify otherwise.

SomedayMorning

Ohmygosh, thank you! You don't have to do that; all she even asked of me was to 'fix it and maybe give them a little bit more in the hit points department'. This's encouraged me to learn to do hex editing, though; it seems interesting.

I love how friends think you have magic computer-hands or something when you can do a FEW things with computers//emulators//video game systems. *sigh*

:VenusSet: You are magical and have saved me from listening to hours of her playing the same thing over again through my bedroom wall. Merci!

EDIT: I should mention; her main character is named Cocoa. That might be confusing.

Crystal Sonata

Lol. I didnt even edit the hex. I popped open my computer GBA emulator, loaded the save in and did a few tricks i know. So want it back or should i get her past the Kraken? go ask her if shes up.

SomedayMorning

Ack! Already?! Thank-you! I knew you could enter code on the GBA computer emulators, but she's playing it on my Wii and I couldn't find a single thing to enter cheats or hacks with...!

Let her squirm on the Kraken- she'll get it eventually. You're the nicest person on the whole internet.  :heart:

Crystal Sonata

Lol no problem. If she gets stuck you can come back and Private message me the sav file. Ill do it. Ok ill edit this post in a moment with the save attached.

EDIT: Ok its attached here. If she accidentaly saves again, the second save file is a copy of the first in its current state. Remember come back if you need more help.

SomedayMorning

Whole Night = Saved!

I think I'll stick around this forum and read into things; you can't learn jack without research, and the crowd seems nice. :3

Crystal Sonata

Yea we are a good community. If you decide to join a clan i would happily accept you into Mercury. Im the leader of mercury but you still have to ask "Charon the Ferryman". She may seem a little intimidating at first but get to know her and shes freakin awsomeness. Anyway enjoy and tell your friend if she needs anything im here.

Salanewt

So yeah, hello and welcome to the Golden Sun Hacking Community! I am glad to see that your problem was solved almost immediately, and you seem like a good person for doing his for your friend.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Yeah, hello and all that jazz.

Stuck on the Kraken? All your friend needed to do was get to about level 24 and get all the djinn that you can get up to that point before getting on the boat.

Isaac should know Revive by about level 20, and if he doesn't have it yet, I think there was a priest on the boat who can revive KO'd PCs for some of your coins.

Salanewt

Or the Return to Last Sanctum trick, if you need get off the boat?

Anyway, are we going to see more of you Someday?
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

I don't think the sanctum trick works on the boat, there's a priest on the boat,
so the boat might count as a sanctum.

I don't know, because I haven't tried the sanctum trick on the boat.

MaxiPower

Crystal Sonata

Yea when i grabbed her save file after looking around for a bit, there was no priest available. I did a few tricks i know.

MaxiPower

Quote from: momiji14 on 19, March, 2011, 08:23:15 PM
Yea when i grabbed her save file after looking around for a bit, there was no priest available. I did a few tricks i know.
tricks?

Crystal Sonata

I entered a cheat i know which takes me back to the previous town, then once they were all healed i disabled the cheat, returning me back to where i was before.

Aile~♥

Hello and welcome to the forums! Sorry I'm late responding, I haven't been around for a while.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]