News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Golden Sun Remixes

Started by Charon, 21, April, 2009, 04:46:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charon

Well, I did a little digging and I found quite the amazing remix of Isaac's Battle Theme. So, what are some other remixes of GS music you've heard?

Share and discuss.

Nicktallica

When I listened to this I became speechless. It's just amazing!

I've heard alot of Golden Sun remixes on a Pokemon hack...

Matrim

Then there is the awesome remix on SSBB.

I believe its a remix of doom dragon music.

Charon

It's a combonation of the Felix battle theme and the Doom Dragon theme. =D

Also, inspired, I went off and did a few remixes of my own. They're more orchestrated than anything, but I still would recommend a listen:

Desert Theme
Felix Battle Theme; THIS IS VERY LOUD
Golden Sun Theme Song (Elongated)
Venus Lighthouse; somehow this one got cut off, apparently =O

Also, I know you can't download those individually, but you can download the set here. If that download isn't working, let me know so I can put a mirror up. It's actually more or less part of Pokemon Jupiter's soundtrack, so there aren't only Golden Sun songs on it (there's even some original stuff on it).

MaxiPower

Quote from: Charon on 24, April, 2009, 02:33:00 AMIt's a combonation of the Felix battle theme and the Doom Dragon theme. =D

Also, inspired, I went off and did a few remixes of my own. They're more orchestrated than anything, but I still would recommend a listen:

Desert Theme
Felix Battle Theme; THIS IS VERY LOUD
Golden Sun Theme Song (Elongated)
Venus Lighthouse; somehow this one got cut off, apparently =O

Also, I know you can't download those individually, but you can download the set here. If that download isn't working, let me know so I can put a mirror up. It's actually more or less part of Pokemon Jupiter's soundtrack, so there aren't only Golden Sun songs on it (there's even some original stuff on it).
not bad Charon... Not bad at all

NOW DO MOAR

Rolina

Charon, can I make some suggestions?

Try to go for a general theme when you do the remix.  That is, if it's a techno remix, then go with a techno feel to it.  If it's a minor or 'updated' remix or something, make sure you keep the original theme in the foreground, and don't drown it out with the added background (like in your Elemental Stars).  Also, some songs sound better with a 'mechanical' sound, which is more percussive and staccato, such as the Gombamba statue.  Others need a more 'flowing' sound, such as the Elemental Stars theme.  In that case, try to avoid anything too percussive and anything staccato if you can.  Basically, aim for a 'Da~~' sound instead of a 'Dut' sound.

Overworld themes should have a more "Orchestrated" feel to them.  As for the lighthouses, try to keep with their element them... the Venus lighthouse should have strong, 'earthy' feel, whereas the mercury one should be more flowing in its feel.  This includes the instruments, the added stuffs, and the overall flow of the piece.  Fight themes should be something you'd actually fight to.

Personally, though, what I would like to hear you do next is a remix of the boat theme, done in similar style to how you did the Karagol Sea theme.

I'm actually working on a 'rebalancing' of your Elemental Stars remix to familiarize myself with the software... of course, it'd help if I knew what instruments you used, so I can avoid this trial and error process...  When I finish it, I'll post it and ask what you think.  Afterwards, when I'm satisfied, I'll start working on more remixes.  Like Jenna's Theme, which SCREAMS  "I NEED REMIXING!"

Salanewt

It would be cool to hear a remix of the Jupiter Lighthouse theme. I know that it is played elsewhere, but I forget where that is.

Have a nice day.
:MercurySet:  
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Mercury Adept

Quote from: Charon on 21, April, 2009, 04:46:00 PMWell, I did a little digging and I found quite the amazing remix of Isaac's Battle Theme. So, what are some other remixes of GS music you've heard?

Share and discuss.
It's awesome. ^^