Wouldn't it be fun if...
Golden Sun Hacking Community
August 19, 2018, 07:32:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wouldn't it be fun if...  (Read 5617 times)
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Template maker turned lurker

Alchemist

Coins: 10

I am: wondering if we can get our clan position changed...
Clan Position: Grand Overlady of Jupiter

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2009, 11:39:00 PM »

[quote author=] Class has nothing to do with equipment. That's BUILD. The build is determined in an... interesting way. You see, if you want to have a weapon equippable to felix that normally isn't, then just go to that weapon in the ITEM EDITOR and make it equippable to Felix. There's no other way to do it, though. Class has nothing to do with that.

It's the item editor that determines a characters build. There are five types of build, in two categories - Gender, and Body

Gender comes in Male and Female. Duh. Some eq is only equipped by males, other only by females. For example, dresses are exclusive to females, whereas some armors could be only for males (or really flat females, if they can fit).
Body comes in "Fighter", "Spellsword", and "Pure Mage". Fighters have Axes, Longswords, Light Blades, Maces, and Heavy Armor. Spellswords have Light Blades, Staves, Ankhs, and Robes. Pure Mages have Maces, Staves, Ankhs, and Robes.

All characters can use Clothing-type equipment.

So yeah... Class has nothing to do with it. And can't have anything to do with it. And SHOULDN'T have anything to do with it. Just because you make Mia a Dragoon doesn't mean she can suddenly equip heavy weapons.[/quote]

Also... are you suggesting that we have a blue mage or something?  Again, let me state that I'd prefer to keep this the hell away from final fantasy.  Don't have Formina Sage learned.  EVER.  However, this is also for a different reason...

Simply put, that's not what you do.  You give them a weapon drop that has that as it's unleash.  Duh.  So much better that boring old blue magic.  Make it not a guaranteed drop unless you djinn-kill the boss.  You can do the same thing with Stun Jip, Star Mine, and Armor Crush, too.

View Profile WWW
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

Coins: 32

I am: A part of the organization of Cool Cats, but more of a dog person in reality.
Emblems: Have a nice day.

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2009, 12:04:00 AM »

Oh, no no no...

We do not make it Final Fantasy, we just make it so 1 move can be learned, and for another monster move, the first has to be deleted. I do not think that Jamie was saying to add Blue Mage, that would be silly, in my opinion. However, just to add one move, and a move to delete the move. Maybe have a stone to bestow Copy, so only 1 person can have it.

Have a nice day.
 Mercury Djinni Set  

Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?
View Profile WWW
JamietheFlameUser
Diamond Pokémon
Mars Clan

Does this look like the face of mercy?

Prodigy

Coins: 0

I am: Poke poke poke poke... I can't stop it...

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2009, 01:26:00 AM »

Actually, I was thinking that along the lines of Salanewt's idea of having Kirby in the game, so that each enemy either gives the move they last used (except for (most) summons, so no copying Dullahan's ability to use Charon), or a specific set (so Dullahan would give Formina Sage and True Collide, and Poseidon would give Counter Rush, Ocean Fist, and Watery Grave)

Additionally, it would be a good idea to make it so that if you take a significantly powerful hit (more than 1 fifth of your HP in one hit) that you lose the ability, and it reverts back to Copy.

This post has been edited by JamietheFlameUser on Jun 14 2009, 08:31 PM

:P

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

Spoiler for epic mindscrew:
View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

I am: A part of the organization of Cool Cats, but more of a dog person in reality.

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2009, 02:02:00 AM »

Oh yeah Jamie, I like that idea, instead of the jewel. I think it would also be neat if characters could use bows in the game as weapons, or if boots were given a different effect. I would have as the set of adepts Kirby (Jupiter), with Jamie's ideas, Link (Venus) using the lost psynergy A?? (Arrow) and using bows that are put in the game (attacking always takes psynergy, no matter what (for his arrows) and he can use swords), Mario (Mars) jumps if he has boots equipped (or else he punches), and Yoshi (Mercury, got a problem with that? I might make him a blue yoshi instead of green...) would either use a weapon like everyone else, or be unable to use one with his tongue.

I think it would be cool as well to replace some characters with characters from different video games, and maybe have Doom Dragon be replaced with Bowser instead. I am sure that if it is possible in the future, then Bowser and the Wise One could have teamed up to kidnaps their parents... It would also be neat to use some of those unused elf sprites in an area... Also, maybe have only one Chestbeater, and replace him with Donkey Kong, Neptune with Blastoise, Briggs with the Toon Link character Tetra, etc. Probably keep some of the origional bosses though...

Or, it would also be neat to see 3 sets of 4 characters, the first two sets are regular characters, and the other set has the other characters. It would not make the game too easy if enemies and bosses were stronger as well, but that should be easy to do before the new characters. Maybe a hacked version... Golden Sun, The Portals of Alchemy, featuring every place from both games, and each of these characters. It would also be cool if the storyline would be continued after the final boss is killed.

Have a nice day.
 Mercury Djinni Set

This post has been edited by Salanewt on Jun 14 2009, 09:24 PM

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?
View Profile WWW
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2009, 02:15:00 AM »

I still think you can do it better by having them drop a weapon that unleashes that skill.  That way the skill is equippable too.

View Profile WWW
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2009, 02:25:00 AM »

Oh yeah, Role... You have a good point. That way, you can always have the skill. I would gibe link a sword that unleashes Formina Sage...

Have a nice day.
 Mercury Djinni Set  

View Profile WWW
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2009, 04:07:00 AM »

See?  That's why I said there's no reason to have that skill.  Why temporarily learn Fulminous Edge, when you could have it permanently at your disposal?

I mean, it's got a NICE 2.8x multiplier.

View Profile WWW
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2009, 11:29:00 AM »

Oh yeah, I guess that is better than having it temporarily. However, wouldn't it also be cool to have one that is temporary, and another that is permanent? That way... I am not really sure, but those who like the pink marshmallow would be happy with the other idea...

And... Um... Yeah, I would prefer to have it permanent, but if I do hack more characters into the game in the future, then I will give other characters the ability to do these things...

I just thought of a problem with the idea of hacking Link into the game...

How would I made his sprites differ between using a sword and using a long range weapon, like a bow (once I change some of the weaker items that are rarely used after the beginning).

EDIT: I thought of a solution today, and this might interest anyone who is planning on putting bows in the game for some reason... Make it so bows have a 100% chance of unleashing arrow (just make it so it works in battle). If it is possible, then for each bow that is better than the last, make the arrow more powerful. I might need help for more ideas, not so much for the useable characters, but for bosses... Neptune will become Lugia, not Blastoise. So, in other words, it would be neat to replace characters/monsters in the game with characters/monsters from other games... By the way, I might have a whole village of elves in the game...

Have a nice day.
 Mercury Djinni Set

This post has been edited by Salanewt on Jun 15 2009, 11:23 AM

View Profile WWW
JamietheFlameUser
Diamond Pokémon
Mars Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2009, 07:26:00 PM »

I was thinking, what if you replaced either Star Magician or Briggs with King Dedede, and then either replace the Sea Fighters with Waddle Dees, or the various Ball enemies with different kinds of Waddle Dees, like maybe Parasol Dee or a Shield Dee to replace Guardian Ball, and a Paramedic Dee for the Refresh Ball, and maybe a Waddle Doo for the Thunder Ball or whatever it's called? Also a Gordo for the Anger Ball would work well.

Also, should Lugia be Wind, considering it's best attack is Aero Blast? You'd see a scene of it in the distance, it would use Aero Blast, and send all the enemies blasting away! Actually, I just realized Lugia would be a great replacement for Eclipse! Also, Ganondorf might work to replace Doom Dragon, because he would look pretty skilled using Cruel Ruin. Actually Ganon might be better. But you need to leave some of the bosses the same, because it would be rather awesome to see Kirby copying various people from Golden Sun. But how would one go about changing his sprite to match the copy ability?

Also Role, is it just me, or does the battle sprite for characters get used outside of battle? And why does the out of battle sprite work so well in battle? Doesn't that mean that they are just different frames in the same sprite?

Edit: @Role: Why have it temporary? Because it adds new gameplay elements! Sure, having it permanent is all well and good, but it doesn't add any real new features or strategy to the game!

This post has been edited by JamietheFlameUser on Jun 15 2009, 02:57 PM

View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2009, 07:58:00 PM »

Oh wow, I like that idea with the kirby enemies...
I am now trying to work on putting Mario music in Golden Sun, so I can get closer to this goal. Jamie, please continue to give me ideas, okay? It would be cool to replace Briggs with King Dedede.

I think it would be fun if we could specify which music plays where/when, like what is required to make Jenna's battle theme music play... She does not have the best music, but I want to add the battle music from Super Mario RPG when it is Mario, and not the other three. Also, I do not want to change characters, but just add more.

I am sorry, but it might be hard to make the sprites for Kirby change depending on the ability that she has. It might be easier when character editing is available in the editor, which is really fun to use... I did not know that there was a Mars AND a Mercury version of Rising Dragon. Anyway, I am guessing that a Hex editor would help, but it is hard to use one for a hacked game, especially one that you have made, because other people can not give you some of the codes if things are different for them. Oh yeah, if Link uses a bow (it would be fun to have him, and use bows), then each bow will have a 100% chance of unleashing an Arrow with A?? as the unleash.

Have a nice day.
 Mercury Djinni Set

Have a sizzling day.
 Mars Djinni Set

(June 16/09)

This post has been edited by Salanewt on Jun 16 2009, 08:03 PM

View Profile WWW
JamietheFlameUser
Diamond Pokémon
Mars Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2009, 10:14:00 PM »

I personally think that it would be a better idea for Link to have A?? as a Psynergy, and have it be a Physical Psynergy. I'd also give him the Fire Bomb series, and a psynergy for Boomerang. Another thing: what would you use for the Spin Attack? Would you just invent a Psynergy for it? I think that the Spin Attack should be able to hit multiple targets. It is a spin attack, after all. Just make it so that all of his special unique weapons are Psynergies that he learns.

View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2009, 02:01:00 AM »

Still, I don't wanna just copy what other games do, either.  Also, keep in mind that these are idea for camelot to implement in golden sun.  They're not gonna put Link in it.  Nor pull a Kirby.  Keep these realistic, 'k?

View Profile WWW
JamietheFlameUser
Diamond Pokémon
Mars Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2009, 02:53:00 AM »

Well then where's the thread for hacking ideas? I sure as heck don't see one.

This post has been edited by JamietheFlameUser on Jun 15 2009, 09:54 PM

View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2009, 12:13:00 PM »

Oh sorry, I thought that this was what would be cool to see in any Golden Sun, not for the sequal...

I guess I will start a topic for cool ideas for hacks then...

Anyway, have a nice day.
 Mercury Djinni Set  

View Profile WWW
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2009, 09:36:00 AM »

No, that'd be something in the GS hacking section.... which makes me wonder how this got out of general discussion. O.o

View Profile WWW
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
August 02, 2018, 07:42:12 PM
Caledor: patch for TLA uploaded again cause i forgot to update descriptions for 3 shields
August 02, 2018, 01:16:14 AM
Caledor: Don't want to triple post so I'll just announce here that v1.71 is out. I updated my last post.
July 29, 2018, 12:18:00 PM
KyleRunner: Let me see...
July 28, 2018, 08:12:34 PM
Fox: What value do you see at 08000468? (Or 00000468 in hex editor)  0801319D or 08F9EE50?
July 28, 2018, 07:11:11 PM
KyleRunner: "there is an easy fix by changing a pointer back to what it was suppose to be"... Hmmm... How?
July 27, 2018, 10:11:06 AM
Fox: Bootleg*
July 27, 2018, 10:09:03 AM
Fox: There are two ROMs that can be found on the internet, one may have the MEGAROMs boot load stuff. (So not truely clean.) ... If you get a screen while booting the game and holding L+R (I think it was?), then you know you have it, and your ROM is not truely "clean"... it is unfortunate, but there is an easy fix by changing a pointer back to what it was suppose to be..
July 27, 2018, 05:10:13 AM
MaxiPower: Hello World
July 25, 2018, 11:09:23 PM
KyleRunner: Well... here's The problem that needs solving: my GSTLA translation patch only works on a clean rom, with specific CRC. 
July 25, 2018, 07:59:37 PM
Fox: I am not sure I understand? If there was such a program to "clean" a dirty ROM dump, what exactly would it do?
July 25, 2018, 12:37:42 PM
KyleRunner: Hello, guys. Could someone teach me how to "clean" a dirty Golden Sun rom dump? Is there a program or something?
July 25, 2018, 01:37:40 AM
Atrius: @Fox, yeah... I was expecting it to take 2 weeks at most...
July 25, 2018, 12:03:01 AM
Majora: Yes, I believe so. Think they were made public a while ago prior to the site issue
July 24, 2018, 08:26:45 PM
Luna_blade: is it normal that I can see all clans?
July 24, 2018, 08:25:41 PM
Luna_blade: Nice to see it is back!
July 23, 2018, 11:01:36 PM
Fox: Yes. I was expecting it to be a little while longer, but it is great to see that Atrius delivered.
July 23, 2018, 02:30:46 AM
Majora: Thank you for getting the site back online!
July 21, 2018, 09:19:06 PM
Salanewt: Time to upload that "EXP gain when KO'd" patch I made a month ago.
July 21, 2018, 09:18:48 PM
Salanewt: Oh hey, the site's back up!
July 18, 2018, 10:49:52 PM
roger: I can post but it goes to an error page when I submit.

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise