News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Wouldn't it be fun if...

Started by Role, 08, December, 2008, 05:14:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salanewt

Oh yeah, Role... You have a good point. That way, you can always have the skill. I would gibe link a sword that unleashes Formina Sage...

Have a nice day.
:MercurySet:  
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

See?  That's why I said there's no reason to have that skill.  Why temporarily learn Fulminous Edge, when you could have it permanently at your disposal?

I mean, it's got a NICE 2.8x multiplier.

Salanewt

Oh yeah, I guess that is better than having it temporarily. However, wouldn't it also be cool to have one that is temporary, and another that is permanent? That way... I am not really sure, but those who like the pink marshmallow would be happy with the other idea...

And... Um... Yeah, I would prefer to have it permanent, but if I do hack more characters into the game in the future, then I will give other characters the ability to do these things...

I just thought of a problem with the idea of hacking Link into the game...

How would I made his sprites differ between using a sword and using a long range weapon, like a bow (once I change some of the weaker items that are rarely used after the beginning).

EDIT: I thought of a solution today, and this might interest anyone who is planning on putting bows in the game for some reason... Make it so bows have a 100% chance of unleashing arrow (just make it so it works in battle). If it is possible, then for each bow that is better than the last, make the arrow more powerful. I might need help for more ideas, not so much for the useable characters, but for bosses... Neptune will become Lugia, not Blastoise. So, in other words, it would be neat to replace characters/monsters in the game with characters/monsters from other games... By the way, I might have a whole village of elves in the game...

Have a nice day.

This post has been edited by Salanewt on Jun 15 2009, 11:23 AM

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Aile~♥

I was thinking, what if you replaced either Star Magician or Briggs with King Dedede, and then either replace the Sea Fighters with Waddle Dees, or the various Ball enemies with different kinds of Waddle Dees, like maybe Parasol Dee or a Shield Dee to replace Guardian Ball, and a Paramedic Dee for the Refresh Ball, and maybe a Waddle Doo for the Thunder Ball or whatever it's called? Also a Gordo for the Anger Ball would work well.

Also, should Lugia be Wind, considering it's best attack is Aero Blast? You'd see a scene of it in the distance, it would use Aero Blast, and send all the enemies blasting away! Actually, I just realized Lugia would be a great replacement for Eclipse! Also, Ganondorf might work to replace Doom Dragon, because he would look pretty skilled using Cruel Ruin. Actually Ganon might be better. But you need to leave some of the bosses the same, because it would be rather awesome to see Kirby copying various people from Golden Sun. But how would one go about changing his sprite to match the copy ability?

Also Role, is it just me, or does the battle sprite for characters get used outside of battle? And why does the out of battle sprite work so well in battle? Doesn't that mean that they are just different frames in the same sprite?

Edit: @Role: Why have it temporary? Because it adds new gameplay elements! Sure, having it permanent is all well and good, but it doesn't add any real new features or strategy to the game!

This post has been edited by JamietheFlameUser on Jun 15 2009, 02:57 PM
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Salanewt

Oh wow, I like that idea with the kirby enemies...
I am now trying to work on putting Mario music in Golden Sun, so I can get closer to this goal. Jamie, please continue to give me ideas, okay? It would be cool to replace Briggs with King Dedede.

I think it would be fun if we could specify which music plays where/when, like what is required to make Jenna's battle theme music play... She does not have the best music, but I want to add the battle music from Super Mario RPG when it is Mario, and not the other three. Also, I do not want to change characters, but just add more.

I am sorry, but it might be hard to make the sprites for Kirby change depending on the ability that she has. It might be easier when character editing is available in the editor, which is really fun to use... I did not know that there was a Mars AND a Mercury version of Rising Dragon. Anyway, I am guessing that a Hex editor would help, but it is hard to use one for a hacked game, especially one that you have made, because other people can not give you some of the codes if things are different for them. Oh yeah, if Link uses a bow (it would be fun to have him, and use bows), then each bow will have a 100% chance of unleashing an Arrow with A?? as the unleash.

Have a nice day.

Have a sizzling day.
:MarsSet:

(June 16/09)

This post has been edited by Salanewt on Jun 16 2009, 08:03 PM

Aile~♥

I personally think that it would be a better idea for Link to have A?? as a Psynergy, and have it be a Physical Psynergy. I'd also give him the Fire Bomb series, and a psynergy for Boomerang. Another thing: what would you use for the Spin Attack? Would you just invent a Psynergy for it? I think that the Spin Attack should be able to hit multiple targets. It is a spin attack, after all. Just make it so that all of his special unique weapons are Psynergies that he learns.

Rolina

Still, I don't wanna just copy what other games do, either.  Also, keep in mind that these are idea for camelot to implement in golden sun.  They're not gonna put Link in it.  Nor pull a Kirby.  Keep these realistic, 'k?

Aile~♥

Well then where's the thread for hacking ideas? I sure as heck don't see one.

This post has been edited by JamietheFlameUser on Jun 15 2009, 09:54 PM

Salanewt

Oh sorry, I thought that this was what would be cool to see in any Golden Sun, not for the sequal...

I guess I will start a topic for cool ideas for hacks then...

Anyway, have a nice day.

Rolina

No, that'd be something in the GS hacking section.... which makes me wonder how this got out of general discussion. O.o

Salanewt

Oh yeah, that happens with me often... It probably happens with other people as well, but I have noticed that many conversations are practically living things. Constantly changing... Unless you happen to find one or two of my friends that I used to talk to all the time before I moved... They are making the same conversation every day for a few weeks even more stale...

Oh well, have a nice day.

P.S. It would be cool as well to be able to use temporary characters, instead of just having them for storyline.