News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Wouldn't it be fun if...

Started by Role, 08, December, 2008, 05:14:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolina

This is a topic all about fun little things that would be kinda cool to see in Golden Sun.  Most of this would be too complicated for a simple editor, though a devoted fan may make a personal goal to implement patches for something.  It's just oddball thoughts you thought could be cool if they were put into the game.

I'll go first, as I have a few. ^-^

-----------

Scythes.  I mean, come on.  Karst and Menardi have them.  Why can't we?  I mean, 'Death Scythe' just SCREAMS unleash!

-----------

Dullahan's Sword.  I'm sorry, but Fulminous Edge/Formina Sage would be SOOO much cooler as an unleash than Megiddo, and be just as powerful!  Added note, this COULD easily be implemented, once the full version of the editor is up (hell, it can be implemented with the 0.1 ver)!

-----------

EQ Sets with Wardrobe changes.  They had them in Dragon Quest 8.  Why not here?  It'd be fun to see a combo of:

Nurse's Cap
Nurse's Gown
Nurse's Gloves
Nurse's Shoes

equipped all at once and have their battle sprite suddenly change to them in the nurse's outfit.  Or...

Fuujin Helm
Fuujin Armor
Fuujin Shield
Fuujin Boots

equipped all at once and have them decked out in some Snazzy Purple Armor, similar to Dullahan!  Hell, give them that Dullahan Sword I mentioned earlier just for lulz!

MaxiPower

My Go

- Play as any of the main 8 characters - (like walk round as)

be able to walk around as your favorite character like in the Tales of Symphonia Game.

- What would be required

Well a full sprite sheet would be a no 1 starting place.

- What would come of being added

well just some coolness of walking round as Piers  

- Visit All Locations

to be able to visit locations from both GS and TLA. i always longed to go back to the original places and would have loved to.

- What would be required

well its probably impossible (however a wise man once said nothing is impossible to be hacked if you got the knowledge) or something to that effect lol. but if it could be done then i guess more memory would be involved

- What would come of being added

well if and when Atrius opens this game up to the full. if it were possible to add in old locations then rom hacks could be bigger than even the orignial and there would be more possibilities

Nicktallica

Hehe.. Here's my go. (xD)

Play as Pokemon trainers.
Instead of catching Djinnis you'd catch pokemon.  

Ehh? Ehh??

Oh, and I have always wanted a character costumizer for the Golden Sun games.
I mean, ever since I layed my eyes on the wonderful sprites of Golden Sun, it's always been a dream. Maybe It will be possible if they made it for the Wii..?

Atrius (He/Him)

[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Rolina

What's all this Wii talk?  DS!  GS must REMAIN handheld!  Or I will cry!  I warn you, I will!

Anywho...

Given Hardware upgrades - The ability to have individual sprites for each individual weapon.  So when you've got, say the Flame Brand equipped, you've got a flamey sword of doom wielded by you character, rather than a generic longsword.  The DS could definitely handle this - Look at FF4DS, they did it.

Charon

Oh, that'd be awesome with the Masumune.

I would love to see using a weapon out of battle to break items to find coins and stuff. W00t.

Nicktallica

Quote from: Charon on 12, February, 2009, 01:34:00 PMI would love to see using a weapon out of battle to break items to find coins and stuff. W00t.
Or, the opposite.. using field psynergy in battle!

Felix used Sand!! Felix dug behind Saturos and assassinated him!! (could've been better, but you get the point)

Rolina

Quote from: Charon on 13, February, 2009, 12:34:00 AMOh, that'd be awesome with the Masumune.

I would love to see using a weapon out of battle to break items to find coins and stuff. W00t.
You mean kinda like Summon Night Swordcraft Story?

twocows

After beating GS:TLA on hard mode, you could get a secret code (not a transfer code, though maybe this could be worked in somehow; it'd be based off your initial transfer code and a game-specific ID so that it couldn't just be distributed on the internet). You'd put this code into the original GS somehow, and it'd unlock a completely new story based on the villains' perspectives. You'd start off controlling Saturos and Menardi as you unwittingly set off the trap in Mt. Aelph and end up beating young Isaac and Garet to a pulp. Or better yet, you could go through playing as Alex (this way, you wouldn't have to lose your progress or something after Venus Lighthouse). We don't really know much about Alex except where he's from and what he wants anyway, so I think it'd be cool to see what sorts of nefarious he's doing when he's not screwing with the protagonists. There's a lot of untapped potential, in my opinion. Besides, who doesn't want to go around blasting Tolbi's finest with huge columns of water? That's one sequence I'd love to play.

MaxiPower

Quote from: twocows on 15, March, 2009, 01:29:00 PMAfter beating GS:TLA on hard mode, you could get a secret code (not a transfer code, though maybe this could be worked in somehow; it'd be based off your initial transfer code and a game-specific ID so that it couldn't just be distributed on the internet). You'd put this code into the original GS somehow, and it'd unlock a completely new story based on the villains' perspectives. You'd start off controlling Saturos and Menardi as you unwittingly set off the trap in Mt. Aelph and end up beating young Isaac and Garet to a pulp. Or better yet, you could go through playing as Alex (this way, you wouldn't have to lose your progress or something after Venus Lighthouse). We don't really know much about Alex except where he's from and what he wants anyway, so I think it'd be cool to see what sorts of nefarious he's doing when he's not screwing with the protagonists. There's a lot of untapped potential, in my opinion. Besides, who doesn't want to go around blasting Tolbi's finest with huge columns of water? That's one sequence I'd love to play.
I to would love to play as the other side, It would be intresting to see  there point of view.

There was this FanFic i read one time that followed Saturos, Menardi, Alex and Felix it really was epic

Salanewt

It looks like this conversation is either dead or paralyzed, so...

I think it would be cool if characters could use different weapons based on their classes. Maybe have Jenna able to use an axe if she were able to become a brute, or Sheba unable to use a staff if she were a squire.

Also, I think it would be cool to be able to... I apologize, but I forgot... Oh wait!
It would be neat to see characters using a whip as an unleash if they have the trainer's whip equipped, or the mysterious card, or the dark book (I forget the name).

Have a nice day.
:MercurySet:

This post has been edited by Salanewt on Jun 13 2009, 09:32 PM
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

I disagree.  Class has nothing to do with weapons, Build does.  If I've never lifted anything heavy my whole life, why should I be able to suddenly lift an axe over my head and swing it with ease just because I have a different class?  This ain't final fantasy.  If you want something like that, go play a tactics team game.

This post has been edited by Role on Jun 14 2009, 01:49 AM

weckar

well, if you never used healing your entire life, why should you be able to do so now when changing class?

Salanewt

Quotewell, if you never used healing your entire life, why should you be able to do so now when changing class?

I agree. If you should not be able to use weapons for changing classes, then why healing?

Besides, a squire is, if I recall correctly, related to a knight. So, a squire should be able to use a sword, despite build, in my opinion.

EDIT: Anyway, I prefer Golden Sun over Final Fantasy. The Final Fantasy series remind me of a family of ever-reporducing rabbits, yet I am not sure why... There are alot of them though...

By the way, have a nice day.

This post has been edited by Salanewt on Jun 14 2009, 10:32 AM

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Aile~♥

It would be awesome if you could add an ability that copied the move last used by the enemy and added it to your Psy list (replacing the Copy move of course). Additionally, you'd need a delete move that could change it back to Copy.

Dullahan used Formina Sage!
Piers took 795 damage!
Piers was downed...
Kirby casts Copy!
Dullahan takes 101 damage.
Copied Dullahan's Formina Sage!

Edit: Masamune should be a freaking Long Sword! I mean, a Masamune is only 9 feet long! So Charon's right, individual sprites would be fun with the Masamune, because it'd go right of the screen!

This post has been edited by JamietheFlameUser on Jun 14 2009, 10:58 AM
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Rolina

[quote author=] Class has nothing to do with equipment. That's BUILD. The build is determined in an... interesting way. You see, if you want to have a weapon equippable to felix that normally isn't, then just go to that weapon in the ITEM EDITOR and make it equippable to Felix. There's no other way to do it, though. Class has nothing to do with that.

It's the item editor that determines a characters build. There are five types of build, in two categories - Gender, and Body

Gender comes in Male and Female. Duh. Some eq is only equipped by males, other only by females. For example, dresses are exclusive to females, whereas some armors could be only for males (or really flat females, if they can fit).
Body comes in "Fighter", "Spellsword", and "Pure Mage". Fighters have Axes, Longswords, Light Blades, Maces, and Heavy Armor. Spellswords have Light Blades, Staves, Ankhs, and Robes. Pure Mages have Maces, Staves, Ankhs, and Robes.

All characters can use Clothing-type equipment.

So yeah... Class has nothing to do with it. And can't have anything to do with it. And SHOULDN'T have anything to do with it. Just because you make Mia a Dragoon doesn't mean she can suddenly equip heavy weapons.[/quote]

Also... are you suggesting that we have a blue mage or something?  Again, let me state that I'd prefer to keep this the hell away from final fantasy.  Don't have Formina Sage learned.  EVER.  However, this is also for a different reason...

Simply put, that's not what you do.  You give them a weapon drop that has that as it's unleash.  Duh.  So much better that boring old blue magic.  Make it not a guaranteed drop unless you djinn-kill the boss.  You can do the same thing with Stun Jip, Star Mine, and Armor Crush, too.

Salanewt

Oh, no no no...

We do not make it Final Fantasy, we just make it so 1 move can be learned, and for another monster move, the first has to be deleted. I do not think that Jamie was saying to add Blue Mage, that would be silly, in my opinion. However, just to add one move, and a move to delete the move. Maybe have a stone to bestow Copy, so only 1 person can have it.

Have a nice day.

Aile~♥

Actually, I was thinking that along the lines of Salanewt's idea of having Kirby in the game, so that each enemy either gives the move they last used (except for (most) summons, so no copying Dullahan's ability to use Charon), or a specific set (so Dullahan would give Formina Sage and True Collide, and Poseidon would give Counter Rush, Ocean Fist, and Watery Grave)

Additionally, it would be a good idea to make it so that if you take a significantly powerful hit (more than 1 fifth of your HP in one hit) that you lose the ability, and it reverts back to Copy.

This post has been edited by JamietheFlameUser on Jun 14 2009, 08:31 PM
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Salanewt

Oh yeah Jamie, I like that idea, instead of the jewel. I think it would also be neat if characters could use bows in the game as weapons, or if boots were given a different effect. I would have as the set of adepts Kirby (Jupiter), with Jamie's ideas, Link (Venus) using the lost psynergy A?? (Arrow) and using bows that are put in the game (attacking always takes psynergy, no matter what (for his arrows) and he can use swords), Mario (Mars) jumps if he has boots equipped (or else he punches), and Yoshi (Mercury, got a problem with that? I might make him a blue yoshi instead of green...) would either use a weapon like everyone else, or be unable to use one with his tongue.

I think it would be cool as well to replace some characters with characters from different video games, and maybe have Doom Dragon be replaced with Bowser instead. I am sure that if it is possible in the future, then Bowser and the Wise One could have teamed up to kidnaps their parents... It would also be neat to use some of those unused elf sprites in an area... Also, maybe have only one Chestbeater, and replace him with Donkey Kong, Neptune with Blastoise, Briggs with the Toon Link character Tetra, etc. Probably keep some of the origional bosses though...

Or, it would also be neat to see 3 sets of 4 characters, the first two sets are regular characters, and the other set has the other characters. It would not make the game too easy if enemies and bosses were stronger as well, but that should be easy to do before the new characters. Maybe a hacked version... Golden Sun, The Portals of Alchemy, featuring every place from both games, and each of these characters. It would also be cool if the storyline would be continued after the final boss is killed.

Have a nice day.

This post has been edited by Salanewt on Jun 14 2009, 09:24 PM

Rolina

I still think you can do it better by having them drop a weapon that unleashes that skill.  That way the skill is equippable too.