News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Clan stuff ect.

Started by Griever, 20, March, 2011, 05:57:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolina

Then send me a PM like you're supposed to and we'll begin the discussion on it.

Charon

So you want Race to be a selection on the profile? Hm, I don't want to delete the race forums because there's posts there but I'll see if Atrius is up to anything...

Rolina

* Role facepalms

But there's no point to them!  We're arguing for their deletion here, Charon!  The whole point is that since clans came first, people separated into clans, not nations.  The whole "races" thing should have existed in the first place - at most, it should be little more than a flavor option like in most forums.

Charon

D:

Well... okay? But I need more than just one or two people saying yes. :/

Rolina

Well, what we need is for you to start asking us about things instead of jumping the gun and just doing it.

Kinda like with my elemental bullets.  Ever think people might have wanted that green one?  Or maybe have preferred the old ones instead?  Asking the opinions of the forum for a possible feature is usually better than just jumping in and doing it.  You may find that, like in the case of races, only a very small number of people actually care.

Griever

I agree with Role, we are not really using them .... we can create some topic in the general discussion section and have our talk there.

So i vote for there removal. And Charon ... i really think you should move this discussion in a new topic >_<

Charon

Okay, I'll get to it then. *goes off to split*

Crystal Sonata

Ok topic is split. So what now? I wish to enter this conversation seeing as how it SEEMS to be clan related.
Anything I post here is solely my opinion, and is not proven fact, unless I specify otherwise.

If I say anything that offends you, grow a set.

Rolina

It's not.

Races are not clans.

The only thing that's happened is that we're arguing that Race/Nationality shouldn't have it's own forum section - nobody of value actually uses them.

Crystal Sonata

The thread is named "Clan stuff" Not "Races stuff" -.-. Dont be such a jerk.
Anything I post here is solely my opinion, and is not proven fact, unless I specify otherwise.

If I say anything that offends you, grow a set.

Rolina

Telling me not to be mean is like telling water not to be wet.  It just doesn't work. :P

Charon

Well they've been removed anyhow. Stop fighting.
EDIT: Lol why sticky? lol

Griever

Actually we are discussing the removal of the race sub-forum ..... and you two should calm down ....

Rolina

I used caps instead of bold.  I have a really bad habit of doing that, thus appearing like I'm yelling.  I went to edit.  They beat me to the post, so they replied to the post that looked like I was yelling at them.

Mastermind

Including races just promotes fantasy racism, so why do it?

Salanewt

And here is the upgraded Venus application form! As a note, I added more questions, but they all have to be answered to fulfill a single requirement. The majority of them are to find out about whether an applicant is both compatible and reliable. Not to worry, I explain that in the form as well.

[spoiler]Golden Sun Hacking Community: Venus Clan Application Form

If you are reading this application form, then it is likely that you are considering a membership within the Venus Clan; and we would like to thank you for considering our clan. If you do not know already, the Venus Clan has often been referred to as the Clan of Friends. We try to elect a new leader every few months, but elections are often slower than expected. We also have a Clan Hack and some Forum Games that are reserved for Venus Clan members. However, it should be brought to your attention that there are some requirements for you to fulfill before your application will be considered. The requirements are as follows:

You are friendly,
You have a good/neutral reputation within the community,
You are honest, but polite about your honesty,
You are tolerant and/or thoughtful of the opinions of others,
You have a minimum of 10 meaningful posts,
You follow rules well,
Hacking experience is preferred, but not necessary,
It would also help to have adequate spelling and grammar, not to mention polite manners.

If you believe that you have fulfilled the above requirements, then you are free to answer the following questions as you wish. Please note that the following list has to be fully filled in and answered, despite that none of what is listed is required for applications to be considered.

Please answer the questions in a separate paragraph/list, so we can get to know you a bit more. Some of them are asked to develop an idea about your compatibility with others, and some are to find out whether you are reliable or not. After all, friends sometimes have to rely on each other to ensure success.

Username:                                    What do you go by?
Nicknames:                                   Any secondary names that you like?
Approximate age:                             For age differences, need not be exact.
Reasons for joining the clan:                Why do you seek to join Venus?
Time Zone:                                   Such as EST or Newfoundland.
Favourite aspects of the Earth element?      For example, do you like plant or stone more?

Any hacking experience?                      Yes or No, explain.
If Yes, which tools do you use
(game-specific or otherwise)?                Please list.
Do you plan on helping with the Clan Hack?   Yes or No, why?
Do you have a private hacking project?       Yes or No, explain.
Can you follow deadlines?                    Yes or No, why?
Can you make friends?                        Yes or No, why?
How many friends do you have?                Preferably an amount, explain.
Do you think of yourself as a peaceful   
or violent person?                           Yes or No, why?
Can you have fun?                            Yes or No, why?
If you could give blood, would you?          Yes or No, why?
If you could donate money, would you?        Yes or No, why?

What else can you offer to the clan?

It should be noted that you must make sure to always possess the requirements to join, or else you may be removed from the clan promptly after we deem you inappropriate for our clan. It should also be noted that we reserve the right to remove you from the clan if you have not been active in the forums for six months, unless we are informed in advance. All members to have joined/requested prior to March 21, 2011 are exempt from having to fill in this application form.

If you have any questions, please message both the current leader of Venus and Salanewt.

Have a nice day!

[/spoiler]

It should be good to go now, as the questions do not seem too generic anymore. As for the difference between "why" and "explain", I am letting applicants use their instinct when answering.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Griever

Sala ... wrong topic ...... you should post the form in Clan Requests ...... this is to discuss the races.

PS: errrr shouldn't you change your avatar since image shack removed it?

Salanewt

I guess so, but the first page has two application forms, one of which is outdated now (I think). I can put it in the Requests topic soon if necessary.

Aw, really? It fails to show it, but that would explain quite a few things. I might try uploading it again, but I still have to get my usual computer repaired.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

No, this is the right topic.  Check the first few posts - I think Charon wants us to post this stuff here, and may even delete the thread after we're done so as to keep what everyone is testing for a secret.

That being said, make your applications with this in mind:  It's not what they answer.  It's HOW they answer - that's what you're looking for.

That also being said, I think we should list what our clan prides itself in.  So far, this is what I know:

Venus: Friendship and...?
Mars: Work Ethic and...?
Jupiter: Intelligence and Logical Thought
Mercury:  Who knows...

Salanewt

Friendship and reliability for Venus, which is why I ask for most of the answers to be explained. Touching up a bit on work ethic helps to understand whether applicants are reliable or not. As for Mercury's, I think they are looking for a broader, more generalized list of requirements.