News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Attention everyone.

Started by Akimbo Assassin, 02, April, 2011, 12:52:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goldensunmaster97

no i mean if someone else was doing it and atrius gave them permission

or something like that
jenna is my faverite charactor ever

Kain

Well if they did and they honestly had me fooled, congratulations.  If they did and I spotted them I'd most likely remain quiet about it until I gathered more evidence to support my claim.
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

goldensunmaster97

yeah because it would be really funny if two members were doing it hahahahahaha

Charon

goldensunmaster97

And this.

(I think you all get the point).

By the way, I'd like to point out that my avatar is actually a photo that someone in my family took, so there's no way it could have been anyone else. Of course, it doesn't actually have anyone in my family in it, so I'm sure nobody would have realized that off the bat.

MaxiPower

what if one had two accounts and was basically abusing the give coins to an alt account to fuel his new badge fetish?

test user

It would be even crazier if there were an alternate account that more than one person used, and you could never know which one was using it at any given time.
Signature

Akimbo Assassin

Now granted I do want coins but I wouldn't abuse the system like that.  I'll earn my coins with decent posts and updates to Storytime with Kain.  And yes...I never know who's who with test user.

MaxiPower

Quote from: test user on 02, April, 2011, 09:16:36 PM
It would be even crazier if there were an alternate account that more than one person used, and you could never know which one was using it at any given time.

wouldn't that lead to problems with impersonating other people, like if I created an account called Atr1us, I could trick people in thinking I am the messiah or if i was called bird women, someone may think im Charon.

Charon

Technically there's an account that can be two different people at the same time. How about that one for size?

Kain

If the I was capital, you could probably pull it off with a small L.  That's happened to me before.  =_=

MaxiPower

Quote from: Overlord Kain on 02, April, 2011, 09:20:31 PM
If the I was capital, you could probably pull it off with a small L.  That's happened to me before.  =_=

yea i was just using it as an example, like new users could tell cause the name wouldnt be red for admin but noobs wouldnt be able to tell ,

Charon

Atrius (He/Him)

Technically there IS a way to use someone else's name without character substitution like 'l' for 'i'
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

MaxiPower

Quote from: Atrius on 02, April, 2011, 09:27:32 PM
Technically there IS a way to use someone else's name without character substitution like 'l' for 'i'

I would say put a space before there name?

Atrius
Atrius

test user

If you're adding a space it doesn't match letter for letter.  Besides the forum would strip the spaces off, and just say that name is already taken.
Signature

MaxiPower

Quote from: Akimbo Assassin on 02, April, 2011, 09:18:30 PM
Now granted I do want coins but I wouldn't abuse the system like that.  I'll earn my coins with decent posts and updates to Storytime with Kain.  And yes...I never know who's who with test user.

its funny how you obtained 55 respect... with only 183 posts, I would call you out on that for abusing as I doubt they can be all legit.

Kain

I'll take it you've never seen the posts in Storytime With Kain.  Go on, go take a look at how much respect I've garnered in that single thread alone.  Besides, the alts can't give coins or respect.  I asked Charon to disable it.

MaxiPower

Quote from: Overlord Kain on 02, April, 2011, 10:36:40 PM
I'll take it you've never seen the posts in Storytime With Kain.  Go on, go take a look at how much respect I've garnered in that single thread alone.  Besides, the alts can't give coins or respect.  I asked Charon to disable it.

I see, i hold my hand up then, just looked like an odd amount at first glance.

Kain

Oh trust me, you're not the only one to question it and I doubt you'll be the last.