Golden Sun Hacking Community
May 24, 2017, 06:01:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: April Fools!  (Read 16793 times)

~

Coins: 0

I am: Drinking tea~

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2011, 03:37:21 PM »

I missed the fun part...
Curse my brother for getting the computer at the time!
Ah well...
I actually believed that Atrius took away your admin powers...

So nanoka~
View Profile
zman9000
Golden sun fan/Map Builder
Luna Clan

Lord Zed

Excellent Member

I am: A guy who just really likes golden sun

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2011, 07:33:04 AM »

I know I am late but...
WHAT THE HECK DID I MISS!!!!!!!!!!!!

But man! if you did all this, this year next year will be boring

You know It would have been even more convincing if you had used my account to troll Role....

Edit: On second thought that would have been a bad idea... Role might have hacked back and destroyed my account..... In fact any one in her position would have............

Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx
View Profile
Fox
Fox McCloud, the Hacking Doctor
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

Coins: 17

I am: certainly not a Gallant!
Clan Position: Head Gallant

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2011, 05:23:15 AM »

Yeah, so in the end, she'd be in on it and the joke would be on you?

I think.

As for next year being boring? How can you be so sure? I agree with you, but we could always have a day of fooling the new regulars... How fun would that be?

Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Just because my name is tea doesn't mean I want to be teased.  ... If anyone does it - Consider it an open-invitation to be teased yourself? :P
Glad I'm not Hazewater.... :P
View Profile
zman9000
Golden sun fan/Map Builder
Luna Clan

Lord Zed

Excellent Member

I am: A guy who just really likes golden sun

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2011, 02:13:44 AM »

yep... but it wou;d have to be just as good or even better.
do we even have any new regulars since I joined?
I think I'm the newest one... and is been 3/4 of a year (about)

and even so we would have this topic for it. because they would know whats coming.

Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx
View Profile
dwkjohn
Peaceful Heathen
Venus Clan

time management skill level: -5000

I am: Clicking my signature like you should be!

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2011, 02:40:26 AM »

Hey. I'm a new regular. I just joing maybe a week or two ago i don't remember exactly. I am pretty easy to prank as long as you don't drag it out for a long time.

Just sayin'.  

,-~~-.___.            Golden Sun
  /   |  '         \   Hacking Community
 (     )           0              |
   \_/-, ,------'              /
      ===                     //                   
      /    \-'~;    /~~~(O)
    /    __/~|__/         |   
=(  _____| (_________|
  All your internet entertainment.
View Profile
Fox
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2011, 03:08:18 AM »

Having everyone use your avatar would be good enough for April Fools in my opinion.

Douchbag, douchbag, douchbag...

Imagine.

April Fools 2012 Douchbag Special.

(That was a compliment.)

Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Just because my name is tea doesn't mean I want to be teased.  ... If anyone does it - Consider it an open-invitation to be teased yourself? :P
View Profile
dwkjohn
Peaceful Heathen
Venus Clan

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2011, 03:12:01 AM »

Someone could make the website play the mp3 of it (which i have i you want it) repeatedly to go with that.

Just sayin'.  

/    \-'~;    /~~~(O)
    /    __/~|__/         |   
=(  _____| (_________|
View Profile
Charon
On Probation
Veteran Member

Emblems: GBA Music Expert
Clan Position: Trickster Goddess of Luna

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2011, 03:36:53 AM »

That would be more annoying than funny though, and it could eat up weaker connections. Plus, despite being a fairly funny avatar, "douchebag" by itself is kind of lacking and just juvenile.
View Profile
Fox
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2011, 04:28:51 AM »

Annoying and funny... they both can be used for April Fools. It's not quite the most creative idea, but still. It's simple, and to the point. (To me, anyway.)

Also, music playing? I'm sure if that was to play on the site there should be some way to turn it off, even if it is on the Settings page. (I know you can mute the volume, but I mean to keep the mp3 from loading at all.)

View Profile
dwkjohn
Peaceful Heathen
Venus Clan

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2011, 04:37:37 AM »

If you want the mp3 you might have to google it and get it yourself because it is apperently corrupt on my computer. I will probably try to find another copy anyway.

Just sayin'.  

/    \-'~;    /~~~(O)
    /    __/~|__/         |   
=(  _____| (_________|
View Profile
Fox
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2011, 04:42:33 AM »

Okay, thanks for the offer.

Anyway,an even better idea on April Fools that can be sorta universal...

Put the funniest thing you can find in your avatar and/or signature.. (don't tell anyone about the reward, or what it is, etc.)

At the end, the top funniest people can win a badge and prizes.. the other people who participated would get a consolation prize.

(Something like that.)

EDIT: I recommend that they would have to post in a certain topic to even be qualified as "most funniest"..
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 04:46:48 AM by charleysdrpepper » Logged

View Profile
Charon
On Probation
Veteran Member

Emblems: GBA Music Expert
Clan Position: Trickster Goddess of Luna

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2011, 12:29:19 PM »

We should probably start planning April Fools a little later than 2 months after the last one.

We will not be doing anything with any sort of autoplay music content because that can destroy some people's browsers, especially those with mobile browsing (if it doesn't block it). We will also not be doing anything with offensive language because it comes down to being immature and petty.

An award for "funniest" member could be given out, but it might be more appropriate to just have an award ceremony at a different time; maybe in October to celebrate the initial release of the TLA editor.
View Profile
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
Yesterday at 04:52:18 PM
Fox: Easier in the idea that I can reduce required external stuff where the source code isn't available/modifyable (Well, there is overrides in some cases, but still.) ; So it's possible the only "Events" I would require are those of the Form.... (Mouse Events, Keyboard Events, Paint Events, Etc. when needed.)
Yesterday at 04:42:14 PM
Fox: Anyway... I know I am using built-in controls in my current editor, but it is not out-of-the-question that I might just go and make my own custom controls... so that it is actually easier for me (But that'd take a lot of work.)  I'm thinking about one large bitmap object, and just drawing them on it. Problem is, I'm afraid it might not be efficient enough.  So I haven't decided about doing it.)
Yesterday at 04:33:28 PM
Fox: @XML = If I recall, I believe Visual Studio uses it for Settings Variables that remain even after you close the program. (e.g. There's one variable I have in my program that I call "LastRom" to make it easier to get back into the program.)
Yesterday at 04:17:59 PM
Fox: XML/JSON are simple = They are just a way to store data outside the application... ... The complexity is comparable to learning about data trees, I'd say... XML = Looks like HTML  ; JSON = Think Lists and Dictionaries, and nested ones.
Yesterday at 03:51:19 PM
Luna_blade: @the whole static thing: I recently came across the problem that if you use design patterns, objects of the same class might get duplicate info. Sometimes this is very little information, so it seems better to use something class-wide than making a file
Yesterday at 03:47:41 PM
Luna_blade: another thought I had is that I already made some code better...
Yesterday at 03:45:59 PM
Luna_blade: Sure I will open-source it on github once I rewrite it to be more maintainainable. Now that I think about it, I should put some other stuff there as well
Yesterday at 03:44:54 PM
Luna_blade: Yeah I made some code and screens for it in Java. The last thing I was busy working on was the grid for the values and the selection shape.
Yesterday at 03:41:22 PM
Luna_blade: I will learn a bit of JSON and XML soon. I guess those are pretty good replacements for what I meant with static
Yesterday at 03:40:42 PM
Luna_blade: It's an okay article. I prefer reading the java implementations on tutorialpoint
Yesterday at 12:07:19 PM
Fox: article*
Yesterday at 12:07:06 PM
Fox: Oh yes, there's a whole artice on design patterns at wikipedia? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_design_pattern
Yesterday at 07:20:37 AM
Fox: Oh yes.... Just checked.... Program.cs has "Application.Run(new Form1());" ... AND.... Program.cs is a STATIC class, so my hunch is confirmed. (In a way.)
Yesterday at 07:12:43 AM
Fox: So... I'm assuming that it is like a tree, and your top level file should be the static class, with all the other object classes linked from it? (Like a tree?) - Wonder how the Dessigner treats Forms. (How are Form objects linked to a static class, if at all?)
Yesterday at 07:00:51 AM
Fox: (Since I can have incredibly bad wording sometimes :P)
Yesterday at 06:59:50 AM
Fox: (Well, started "?" was more implying whether you made any public releases yet....
Yesterday at 06:59:02 AM
Fox: Wait? You started a Hed Editor? Curious if you were going to open-source it....
Yesterday at 06:55:16 AM
Fox: Using xml or json has also come to mind as a method to replace language.ini file and to store table addresses.... but I haven't thought much about that, so....
Yesterday at 06:54:24 AM
Fox: @static object = Huh? Well, I do know that it's useful for global stuff... at least. But I'm curious about when to know if a function should be down globally or through another object....  For example, I could make me rom buffer be put in a global file, since we're likely to only have one opened at a time, for almost the duration of the app, but then when we consider possible advances in the application like having two opened at one time (Such as GS1 and GS2 to transfer pieces of data), then...?
Yesterday at 06:30:49 AM
Luna_blade: And then every strategy should have some 'static' object that tells how the specific strategy should generally look.

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise