News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

April Fools!

Started by Charon, 02, April, 2011, 08:44:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charon

Happy April Fools!

That's right! Anything that happened yesterday was obviously April Fools... but today was an extension of that joke! I never really did "destroy" the forums, or "hack" into the server... that never really happened. I sure put up a convincing show, didn't I!

Special thanks goes to Atrius and Overlord Kain for working with me to make such a hilarious April Fools joke! Especially Atrius, for working with me to create such a convincing "late" April Fools joke!

You maybe were too surprised to notice, but when I supposedly "hacked into the forum" and "destroyed the website", I was really giving all "banned" members 5 coins for participating, as well as any member that changed their avatar to a Slowpoke-related thing 3 coins.

And if you still think that we were serious, just ask Atrius. We worked on this while we went along, and I used the account "goldensunmaster97" to communicate with him while my other account was "perma-banned". I was laughing so hard my cheeks started to hurt after a while!

I guess I really do live up to my name, hmm? Long live the balance between Luna and Sol!

MaxiPower

I knew 97 was you.

However my thinking it was you was for a different reason, I thought you were being all lovely lovely with Atrius to earn his trust..

anyway welcome back Charon

but that was a sick joke, and may I ask why kain was let in on it?

PS.. cough cough, weres me coins, i had a slowpoke up hahaha :D

edit 2: wait did I already spend them coins then? darn, give me more for making me sad haha :P

Drick

Well this was incredibly silly!

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Hmm.. I did question to myself how you be able to even do that if Atrius ALREADY demoted you... (I was surprised he didn't remove your admin powers for real.)

And I definitely did notice my increase in coins. (of 3, but I thought it was strange... )

I also had the strange suspicion that Kain using other accts. that someone else might be doing the same thing at the same time as well.. but I never gathered that it was goldensunmaster97.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

leaf

You cheeky bastards!

Well played. Well played, indeed.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Charon

Quote from: charleysdrpepper on 02, April, 2011, 08:50:01 PM
I also had the strange suspicion that Kain using other accts. that someone else might be doing the same thing at the same time as well.. but I never gathered that it was goldensunmaster97.
Pretending to be a real-life slowpoke all day was actually quite difficult, mind you. I had to resist the urge to use punctuation.

By the way, what I actually did was I put the forum in Maintenance Mode, then I just copy pasted the css sheet to a txt file, then deleted it. That was me "destroying" the forums. haha.

Rolina

Wait... Kain?  My best friend Kain?  YOU were in on it?

We need to talk.

PRIVATELY.

Atrius (He/Him)

[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

MaxiPower

Kain

Could have made a new user group with admin powers but it looks like a regular user.  I'm sad I was away for most of the show however.

Atrius and Charon:

Role:  hee hee hee
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

Charon

Actually, he said that what he did was he changed the forum's code so that regardless of my class, I would have Administrative powers no matter what. He changed it back though, for your information. ;)

Atrius (He/Him)

True, I really did demote her to being just a regular user, but I also added a hack to the forum's code that still let her use Admin powers.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Kain

Nice.  That's our programmer for ya.

Charon

Yup, and thanks to that, I was able to "pretend" to hack back into the server and change my profile back to administrator and wreak havoc!

Thanks a lot, Atrius! Best April Fools joke ever xD

Kain

Man...there were a lot of good pranks pulled yesterday, but this one took the cake over everything else.

Shinigami

I missed the fun part...
Curse my brother for getting the computer at the time!
Ah well...
I actually believed that Atrius took away your admin powers...
So nanoka~

zman9000

I know I am late but...
WHAT THE HECK DID I MISS!!!!!!!!!!!!

But man! if you did all this, this year next year will be boring

You know It would have been even more convincing if you had used my account to troll Role....

Edit: On second thought that would have been a bad idea... Role might have hacked back and destroyed my account..... In fact any one in her position would have............
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Yeah, so in the end, she'd be in on it and the joke would be on you?

I think.

As for next year being boring? How can you be so sure? I agree with you, but we could always have a day of fooling the new regulars... How fun would that be?
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

zman9000

yep... but it wou;d have to be just as good or even better.
do we even have any new regulars since I joined?
I think I'm the newest one... and is been 3/4 of a year (about)

and even so we would have this topic for it. because they would know whats coming.
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

dwkjohn

Hey. I'm a new regular. I just joing maybe a week or two ago i don't remember exactly. I am pretty easy to prank as long as you don't drag it out for a long time.
Just sayin'.  

,-~~-.___.            Golden Sun
  /   |  '         \   Hacking Community
(     )           0              |
   \_/-, ,------'              /
      ===                     //                   
      /    \-'~;    /~~~(O)
    /    __/~|__/         |   
=(  _____| (_________|
All your internet entertainment.