News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Hidden Data

Started by Atrius, 11, October, 2008, 02:22:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atrius (He/Him)

It would probably be nice to have a list of things that were hidden among the rest of the data in The Lost Age that you can only see by hacking the game.

I'll update this list as needed.

Items
May add icons later

398: Divine Camisole - Shirt: Raises Defense and Luck
Price: 2700, Defense: 10
Is a rare item
Can be equipped by: Mia, Jenna, Sheba.
Luck +5

399: Herbed Shirt - Shirt: Reduces Defense
Price: 1900, Defense: 7
Is a rare item
Can be equipped by: Anyone
Use: Herb, Breaks when used.

401: Casual Shirt - Shirt: Restores HP & Raises DEF
Price: 50, Defense: 3
Is a rare item
Can be equipped by: Isaac, Garet, Ivan, Felix, Piers
HP recovery +5

405: Knight's Greave - Boots: Raise Defense & HP
Price: 2700, Defense: 8
Is a rare item
Max HP +5

406: Silver Greave - Boots: Raise Defense & Luck
Price: 3800, Defense: 11
Is a rare item
Luck +4

407: Ninja Sandals - Boots: Raise Defense & Evade
Price: 2000, Defense: 5
Is a rare item
Critical Hits +15

411: Aroma Ring - Ring: Restores 100 HP to all allies
Price: 2300
Is a rare item
Use: Healing Aura, breaks when used

412: Rainbow Ring - Ring: Deludes multiple enemies
Price: 900
Is a rare item
Use: Delude, breaks when used

413: Soul Ring - Ring: Use to raise a downed ally
Price: 1800
Is a rare item
Use: Revive, breaks when used

450: Signal Whistle - ??? (Technically this item does appear in the game since Briggs uses it, but the player can't get it)
Use: Clarion Cry, Single-Use

Sprites/Characters
217 An unidentified female elf.  This character has a full NPC sprite set.

220 Because this character so closely resembles early official art of Link from The Legend of Zelda series, it is believed to be a hidden cameo of him. This character has a full NPC sprite set.

222 An unidentified small/child elf. This character has a full NPC sprite set.

533 An unused enemy, has a full sprite set.

541 An unused enemy, has a full sprite set.

Also several characters from the original Golden Sun are among the game's sprite collection despite not actually appearing in the game, these include:
058 - Iodem
065 - Garet's Mother
066 - Dora
067 - Sean
068 - Ouranos
069 - Garet's Brother
070 - Garet's Sister
197 - Garet's Grandfather/The Mayor of Vale
242 - Captain of the ship to Tolbi
344 - Unnamed warrior on the ship to Tolbi
345 - The ship to Tolbi's world map sprites

621 - Altin Statue's battle sprites
625 - Tornado Lizard's battle sprites
628 - Toadonpa's battle sprites
631-632 - Kraken's battle sprites
633 - Saturos' battle sprites
634 - Menardi's battle sprites
635 - Young Isaac's battle sprites
636 - Tret's battle sprites
637 - Young Garet's battle sprites
638-639 - Fusion Dragon's battle sprites

Psynergy/Abilities

129 - Reflect
A Psynergy usable in battle.  No apparent use has been found.

155 - Ma???? (Magnet)
A Psynergy usable outside of battle, a ring appears around the player which dissipates after a few seconds.  Can be used in Psynergy Test 2 Debug Room to mess with a pile of rope.
The ability may cause transitions between locations, and menus to become glitchy.

157 - A?? (Arrow)
A Psynergy usable outside of battle, a bow appears in front of the player, and shoots an arrow which sticks in NPCs, and other objects.  Can be used in Psynergy Test Debug Room to light a torch, and annoy Kraden.
The ability appears glitchy sometimes since it ignores the height-map, and thus may appear at the wrong elevation.

298 - Aurora Field
A Psynergy usable in battle.  Fully heals & revives your party.

I'm probably missing a lot of stuff, so feel free to let me know if you find anything else.  Also let me know if any of that stuff actual does appear somewhere in The Lost Age.

This post has been edited by Atrius on Oct 27 2008, 09:57 AM
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

MaxiPower

Quote from: jdmj90 on 19, October, 2008, 01:09:00 AMThere is also more djinn than can be found in the game. I wonder what moves they give the adepts?
seriously ?...  cool

i know theres other psyngery as can be seen in this video

Atrius (He/Him)

[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Matrim

There is also more djinn than can be found in the game. I wonder what moves they give the adepts?

MaxiPower

Atrius (He/Him)

Heh, I took them into the Psynergy Test debug rooms.  The Magic Circle one messes with a pile rope in the second test room, and Arrow can be used in the first one to light a torch & annoy Kraden.

I'm working on a video to upload to YouTube right now.

Edit: Thar she blows!

This post has been edited by Atrius on Oct 24 2008, 12:24 PM

weckar

If we ever get to map hacks, these two psynergies may turn out to be very interesting, especially 'arrow' (definately the first text edit I'll make is rename that to either arrow or something along those lines). Was it tested if blaze affects that torch at all?

Atrius (He/Him)

There's no fire close enough to torch use blaze on it, and it doesn't work on the torch itself either.  Since you mentioned it though, I thought I ought to try it on the fire beside Kraden.

If you use it below the fire after that, he yells "yARG!" and runs back to the right side of it    

weckar

After an intense manual search, I can't even find that text in the text viewer... odd, makes you think they put debug data somewhere else?

Atrius (He/Him)

They're indexes 5485-5487.

weckar

oh, right.
See? we need that search function  

Rolina

Well, I guess it's just a matter of waiting until the eventual update of the editor.  From the looks of it, he's finished the search function...

Atrius (He/Him)

Yeah, the search function works great.  It's a kinda slow on the text viewer, but what do you expect with it having to decompress and check over 12000 strings individually?

I still have to make a version of it for the Enemy Group Editor's list, since it works a bit differently than the other lists.

Rolina

Ah.  Good luck!  We look forward to it!

By the way, I've heard Magic Circle being called Magnet before.  You SURE it's magic circle?  

Quote from: ]Ma???? (Ma[gu-ne-t-to) / Magnet

And apparently, reflect was supposed to reflect psynergy.  Anyone test it to see if it worked?

Atrius (He/Him)

I've heard both, so I wasn't sure.  Someone said in the Japanese version the name translated to Magic Circle instead of just being something like Ma????.

I just checked myself, and turns out it's a single Japanese symbol followed by four question marks, so probably about the same as the English version.  So yeah... With Magnet being the more popular name, and the icon looking like a Magnet anyway I should probably change that.

weckar

There are a few sprites that I think aren't used in the game.

Rolina

By the way, is Battle Psynergy sprites stored in a separate location, or did I just miss them?  I saw overworld sprites, character battle sprites, enemy battle sprites, summon sprites, and status effect sprites, but...

And is it just me, or are there... 5 elemental lighthouse sprites?

440 is Kolima
442 is Xian, I think
443 is Fushin Temple
446 is the barrier from GS1
449 is Hammet's Caravan
453 is the port to cross the Karagol sea
607 is ...a VERMIN.  How'd you not know that?
608 is a Mad Mushroom.

All of those are from GS1.

Dunno about 374 or 411, though.

Atrius (He/Him)

I have several things listed that don't appear in TLA that were in GS1.

374 - Appears as part of the puzzle in The Great Gabomba's head.
411 - Interesting... A giant placeholder for the red spinning thing in text boxes, or the target selection cursor in battle perhaps?

Most battle graphics are stored in a separate location, yes.

Rolina

Ah, I see.  That's good to know, I guess.

I'm still curious as to why there's 5 lighthouses...  I'll list the numbers, and please correct me if I'm wrong...

445 - Mercury
452 - Jupiter
477 - Alt Jupiter?
478 - Venus?
479 - Mars?

Atrius (He/Him)

Actually it's:

445: Mercury
452: Venus
477: Jupiter
478: Mars

So 479 is the odd one out.